Society/Culture Why I blame Islam for the fact it's raining today....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're conceding we have a toxic masculinity problem.
Good to see, that's the first step.

Double You
Tee
Eff

Seriously.
Double You
Tee
Eff

You've got a serious problem if that is what you think.

CRIMES ACT 1900 - SECT 61I
Sexual assault
61I Sexual assault
Any person who has sexual intercourse with another person without the consent of the other person and who knows that the other person does not consent to the sexual intercourse is liable to imprisonment for 14 years.
I thought his point was how will authorities be aware of the problem if it isn’t reported. Which I acknowledge is difficult

I thought his point was how will authorities be aware of the problem if it isn’t reported. Which I acknowledge is difficult

When they report it...it isn't rape it is JUST sexual assault, or JUST sexual harrassment, or it didn't happen on campus therefore can't be counted as campus rape or something something something...

if they don't report it then....
the stats show it isn't much of a problem, something something something

If unis do something about the processes by which students can report sexual assault or rape...it's a beat up, the stats are wrong, something something something.

If we have a report that labels it a rape culture...don't be silly, you want to see rape culture look at Pakistani unis, something , something something.

What else...sexual assault isn't rape, sexual assault is sometimes some other kind of sexual offense or assault.

You came into this thread to double down on your anti-women bullshit by adding your anti-muslim bullshit.
And you got a sympathetic audience. You must feel so satisfied in your anti-women views. You are sick. You are vile.

I have explained this to you many times

I like women, but I don't like all women
I like men, but i don't like all men
I like Cats, but i don't like all cats
I like Japanese food but I don't like all Japanese food

Rape in Pakistan & every other Muslim country is 100 times worse.
That doesn't mean that we don't have a serious rape problem at our universities, you can pretend it does, but it doesn't.

Wow, finally you admit that some Muslim countries have a problem with women.
100 times worse??
By your standard, Australian Campuses have a 'rape crisis'. How would you describe a situation in a Muslim dominated country on campus? Must be end of days stuff

When they report it...it isn't rape it is JUST sexual assault, or JUST sexual harrassment, or it didn't happen on campus therefore can't be counted as campus rape or something something something...

If unis do something about the processes by which students can report sexual assault or rape...it's a beat up, the stats are wrong, something something something.

If we have a report that labels it a rape culture...don't be silly, you want to see rape culture look at Pakistani unis, something , something something.

What else...sexual assault isn't rape, sexual assault is sometimes some other kind of sexual offense or assault.

No , "Sexual Assualt" is what they would be charged with, if it was NSW.
You should know, you posted the law.

What the actual stats showed was that for the demographic it wasn't so out of place with the rest of society?

Do you wonder what that means? Can you think why it might be worse in Universities than in the offices of an organisation or an elderly citizens home?.
You might need to ponder long and hard on that.
Now getting in before you, that's not to say that the University's are not an appropriate place to take action, and from the information that you have provided, they have taken action.

I'd guess that on a scale of 1 (Utopia ) to 10 ( a Muslim country ) rape in Australian Universities could be as high as 3 or 4. We must do our utmost to get it down to 1 or 2.

Now can we get this off the topic list? It had nothing to do with respect of women within the Muslim community, which should include non-Muslim women as well by the way. ( This was the topic at hand before you raised the University thing as a means of deflection ).

Number37 I get what you are trying to point out even agree that it is an issue in Australia as I read that Uni report but perhaps this is not the thread to discuss?

Extreme Islam is abhorrent to any thinking caring person and not only regarding domestic violence and rape.

To take any religious book literally is folly and fortunately with most other religions, they have a head of religion/church that can interpret their meaning and adapt to the current era and society norms (majority of the time). Islam does not have that and it seems it is left to individuals to interpret as they wish.

I found these two articles very interesting to read:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-29/koran-434-islam-domestic-violence/10112916
https://theconversation.com/explainer-what-islam-actually-says-about-domestic-violence-77245

We are lucky to have laws in Australia that when one is found to have committed a crime of domestic violence/rape and try to use their religion as an excuse/permission, they are still charged and convicted if found guilty.

Number37 I get what you are trying to point out even agree that it is an issue in Australia as I read that Uni report but perhaps this is not the thread to discuss?

Extreme Islam is abhorrent to any thinking caring person and not only regarding domestic violence and rape.

To take any religious book literally is folly and fortunately with most other religions, they have a head of religion/church that can interpret their meaning and adapt to the current era and society norms (majority of the time). Islam does not have that and it seems it is left to individuals to interpret as they wish.

I found these two articles very interesting to read:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-29/koran-434-islam-domestic-violence/10112916
https://theconversation.com/explainer-what-islam-actually-says-about-domestic-violence-77245

We are lucky to have laws in Australia that when one is found to have committed a crime of domestic violence/rape and try to use their religion as an excuse/permission, they are still charged and convicted if found guilty.

Maggie,
The same people that have expressed putrid views on women in various other threads are here in this thread claiming that they give a damn about the plight of women in Islam.

It is the blame Islam thread so you would expect conduct in Islamic country universities to be brought up.
I don’t think anyone is seriously saying sexual assault is acceptable in Australian unis, they are only saying that it is (probably) worse in Islamic countries although only cite individual examples.

Or they are all ganging up to troll you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I normally avoid these type of threads. Think it is something you and I have discussed and agreed on in the past.

Not sure who is going to step up though, hopefully someone will especially in Australia.

Very tough question to answer. When people say that Islam needs a reformation they mean that it needs to accommodate scientific rationalism and logic. that process was not accomplished by Luther in christianity and Luther is not a model in terms of his doctrinal beliefs. over 100 years , Christianity has reconciled itself to changes in society and successfully disassociated itself from most, if not all, medieval attitudes and prejudices. It has made peacee with secular states and non believers or unbelievers. Islam has done none of these things: its religious leaders by and large refuse to engage in any constructive dialogue with other religions or with democratic societies.

But more important: it definitely needs a reformation in its approach to science and the arts. For a religion that once gave patronage to astronomers, jurists, mathematicians and Moorish architects who built the beautiful Alhambra, seeing the descendants of Ibn Wahhab's original followers desecrating every archaeological ruin they can find in Iraq/Syria can't be ignored.

Neil DeGrasse Tyson gave an interesting speech on why the 'intellectual collapse' of Islam needs to be addressed, and why independent reasoning in Islam has sadly lost out to blind textual adherence

Last edited:
Very tough question to answer. When people say that Islam needs a reformation they mean that it needs to accommodate scientific rationalism and logic. that process was not accomplished by Luther in christianity and Luther is not a model in terms of his doctrinal beliefs. over 100 years , Christianity has reconciled itself to changes in society and successfully disassociated itself from most, if not all, medieval attitudes and prejudices. It has made peacee with secular states and non believers or unbelievers. Islam has done none of these things: its religious leaders by and large refuse to engage in any constructive dialogue with other religions or with democratic societies.

But more important: it definitely needs a reformation in its approach to science and the arts. For a religion that once gave patronage to astronomers, jurists, mathematicians and Moorish architects who built the beautiful Alhambra, seeing the descendants of Ibn Wahhab's original followers desecrating every archaeological ruin they can find in Iraq/Syria can't be ignored.

Neil DeGrasse Tyson gave an interesting speech on why the 'intellectual collapse' of Islam needs to be addressed, and why independent reasoning in Islam has sadly lost out to blind textual adherence

Was he hinting that America could head down the same path?

I don’t know if this is Islam to blame, but it is in a majority Islamic state currently run by military

Egypt. Cracking down on dissent and rampant sexual abuse. But if you complain it is jail for you

(Can’t post link but it’s abc online article about Amal fathy - yes I am aware may have been discussed as article is from start of October I’m slow ok?)

Its true, that Muslim majority countries have far less democratic freedoms than we have in Western Countries

These rankings show Malaysia as the top ranked Muslim country on the democratic index and they come in at #58
#59 Malaysia
#68 Indonesia
#130 Egypt

Democracyranks.PNG

Ranking from #1 country onwards...

Democracy2.PNG

Wow. This can't be good

https://thewest.com.au/news/terrori...leged-planned-terrorist-attack-ng-b881039656z

The brother of Australian cricketer Usman Khawaja has been arrested in Sydney over fake documents containing alleged plans for terror attacks targeting former prime minister Malcolm Turnbull and other politicians.

Arsalan Khwaja is being questioned by NSW Police after being arrested at Parramatta on Tuesday as part of an ongoing NSW Joint Counter Terrorism Team investigation.

Wow. This can't be good

https://thewest.com.au/news/terrori...leged-planned-terrorist-attack-ng-b881039656z

The brother of Australian cricketer Usman Khawaja has been arrested in Sydney over fake documents containing alleged plans for terror attacks targeting former prime minister Malcolm Turnbull and other politicians.

Arsalan Khwaja is being questioned by NSW Police after being arrested at Parramatta on Tuesday as part of an ongoing NSW Joint Counter Terrorism Team investigation.

It looks like it was a revenge plot involving a dispute over a woman. His brother isn’t actually accused of plotting a violent attack.

It looks like it was a revenge plot involving a dispute over a woman. His brother isn’t actually accused of plotting a violent attack.

What are you on about?

In a statement, New South Wales police confirmed a 39-year-old man had been arrested as part of a joint counter-terrorism investigation. “The arrest relates to documents allegedly found on University of NSW grounds in August this year containing plans to facilitate terrorism attacks,” the statement read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back