Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I can picture it now.

'With Selection 105 in the 1988 Draft, Footscray picks Chris Grant from Daylesford'.

Had BF been around 30 years ago the reaction from one particular poster in this thread would've been something like this....

"A skinny unproven 16 year old from the country? What the hell are we doing? Sack the recruiting manager. I seriously question the direction this club is heading in'.

The outrage society. I want to be outraged and if I'm not outraged, find me something to be outraged about...and fast.

I'm outraged that you would think that any of us would be outraged at the outrageous selection of a skinny kid from Daylesford.
I'm also outraged that you could even consider we would be outraged in 1988, because nobody got outraged in 1988. That is an outrageous suggestion. Outrage just wasn't a thing back then. Outrageous post by you

I believe we had the opportunity to trade back and take Caldwell, and another pick in the teens, but we passed.
Well for the opportunity to be there, both clubs would have to be up for it. I think it was the Giants who lost interest, and cooled, not us. They would have been pretty confident Caldwell would get to them, and didn't feel the need to give up another first round pick just to move up two places. Once Gold Coast passed on him and picked King, and we were obviously keen on Smith and the mail was strong on the Crows being into Jones. Why move up for nothing? Caldwell was theirs just by sitting put.

I believe we had the opportunity to trade back and take Caldwell, and another pick in the teens, but we passed.
We were all in on Smith.
With his hammies I'm not sure Caldwell would be a good fit for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm outraged that you would think that any of us would be outraged at the outrageous selection of a skinny kid from Daylesford.
I'm also outraged that you could even consider we would be outraged in 1988, because nobody got outraged in 1988. That is an outrageous suggestion. Outrage just wasn't a thing back then. Outrageous post by you

It's a bloody outrage!

What’s gonna happen if the next three West’s are just as good! Imagine having four West’s on our list

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
What happens is that we ******* clean up in the draft by getting good players for cheap, and trade out our good picks to fit our needs. Might as well abuse a broken system while we can :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back