news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

About ******* time we get ex fighters (of any level) judging. So much better than having the Adelaide Byrds of the world presiding over fights. There are already a number of ex fighters reffing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so now Blaydes got koed, Lesnar is mia and Jon Jones is booked for a fight, Stipe v Cormier 2 has to be arranged

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
DC said he would never fight Blaydes anyway, he’s only fighting big now.

Lesnar is the fight he & the UFC want, but there’s nothing in stone about that fight, if Brock doesn’t make the walk then it’s likely Stipe.

The Jones trilogy will always linger.

So does anyone know what exactly is the hold up with Lesnar? I think he might still be serving usada suspension but does this mean they cannot even book the fight for a date after he is cleared?
He has to be in the USADA testing pool 6 months prior to fighting I believe.

Which he supposedly started shortly after storming the octagon after UFC 226. Has been looking smaller in size too apparently.

Was never going to be until next year, but still there’s a unknown about the fight.

He came into the UFC a bit young, needed time to develop first.

Having said that he went 6-2 in the UFC, so thats a good record

Yeah, that's really odd reasoning given by Dana. He brought him in as a 19 year old who clearly wasn't ready for the UFC and when he reaches 22 and starts to look like a UFC fighter he gets let go? He looked fantastic against Ottow last time out and he's proven to be no joke at 170.

Yeah, that's really odd reasoning given by Dana. He brought him in as a 19 year old who clearly wasn't ready for the UFC and when he reaches 22 and starts to look like a UFC fighter he gets let go? He looked fantastic against Ottow last time out and he's proven to be no joke at 170.
Not the worst move move others have left and come back better like Nick Diaz. Rumble Johnson and Lionheart Smith spring to mind

I'm assuming it is the money. I feel like ONE will pay him big time...

He was on 80/80 in his last fight, while nothing to sneeze at, doubt the UFC wanted to give him the significant bump he could get in Asia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back