Teams Washington Commanders - Приветствую командиров ™

Remove this Banner Ad

Like the addition of Clinton Dix - should be a staple with Swearinger for a couple of years
That's if we can sign him beyond his current rookie contract. He's an UFA at the end of the year, but hopefully we can get something done before then.

URGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Defence?????????????????????????????

The most frustrating team to watch i swear to god. Either be GREAT or BAD... not this SO-SO wishy washy BS.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
URGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The most frustrating team to watch i swear to god. Either be GREAT or BAD... not this SO-SO wishy washy BS.
I knew there was a problem as soon as I saw that Major Payne vid then read on the Skins site how good our defence has been this year compared to last

This is why I cant see us advancing if we make the play-offs. Good teams shred bad defences

Just like the Saints game, if the defense craps the bed we're in a lot of trouble. We were going to struggle coming back from a 21-7 hole, even if the defense tightened up, as our offense just isn't built for it.

URGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

It's been like that for SOOOO many years. Admittedly this season we've won the games we should have (except the Colts) but games like this which would really solidify our credentials we constantly under perform in, leading to another season of meh.

Kings of winning UGLY.
Plaudits to the D for their diligence while undermanned.
Ha Ha played very well - fine addition.
Maurice Harris relishing his chance. Unlike "Drops it" Doctson Maurice has hands of glue.
Mason Foster back to his '16 form after an injury plagued season last year.
Loving Hopkins work as a K - so smooth and very consistent.... is clutch.

Smiths broken leg is tough for him.
For the team, hopefully it isn't too much of a loss.
We haven't asked the QB to do too much this season and McCoy has been in the system long enough to hopefully keep the ship on course

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Smiths broken leg is tough for him.
For the team, hopefully it isn't too much of a loss.
We haven't asked the QB to do too much this season and McCoy has been in the system long enough to hopefully keep the ship on course
Terrible for Smith.He hasnt been putting up big numbers. Average 220 yards pg. For him to be a complete missing piece. He is a solid job player that does enough to keep the play going (mostly)

My point I guess is he isnt going to be missed as much as some franchise QBs. Opportunity for the Real McCoy

Mr X

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2003
Round here
AFL Club
Geelong
Despicable decision today.

I would have thought, and hoped the talent pool there is deep enough that you do not need to sign guys under criminal investigation for alleged DV. Surely there must be someone else you can sign of better character and equivalent talent who is actually ELIGIBLE to play.

Guess potential restraint of trade issues mean you can sign him even through he is suspended from playing indefinitely, but honestly why would you?

Very poor look.

Big Jim 11

All Australian
Oct 26, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
United, NY Giants
Well the talent pool is clearly not there, because they had to sign Mark Sanchez to back up Colt McCoy at QB.

Signing a women beater is clearly no issue, but signing a guy who kneels to try save your season is apparently a step too far

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mr X

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2003
Round here
AFL Club
Geelong
The negatives of this signing far, far, far outweigh any positives on field. I can see non-Redskins fans thinking "Redskins going to Redskins" and I can't really fault them.
Enhancing the classless reputation.

All starts with stubbornly holding onto being called the Redakins, but Peterson also says hello!

Win at any cost I guess - except they don’t even do enough!

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Doug Williams on Reuben Foster: Other people are doing worse things
Posted by Darin Gantt on November 30, 2018, 6:06 AM EST
gettyimages-4571250662-e1543575940279.jpg

Getty Images

Washington senior vice president Doug Williams insisted the team’s decision-makers were unified on the decision the claim linebacker/accused domestic violence committer Reuben Foster off waivers.

But at the moment, he and coach Jay Gruden are the only ones being sent out to talk about it, and Williams isn’t doing himself any favors with the talking.

After his name was on the initial statement from the team, Williams then appeared on The Team 980 yesterday to expound on the addition of the former first-rounder, who was arrested on domestic violence charges before the 49ers released him.

Like coach Jay Gruden, Williams said the team knew there would be backlash. “Rightfully so,” he said.

I’ve got six daughters, so it ain’t something I would condone,” Williams said, via John Keim of ESPN.com. “But at the same time, I think we are in the business of at least looking into [Foster’s case]. I could sit here, and I won’t, name a bunch of teams that took on players that got a lot of baggage that nobody’s saying anything about.

“You can’t get into nitpicking what they do and what you do. You gotta look at it from your standpoint. There was a lot of thought that went into it. It wasn’t just a spur of the moment type of thing. We all gathered, we talked about it, we knew there was going to be some risk-reward involved in it.”

But just in case “other teams are doing it too” wasn’t enough of a defense, Williams broadened his scope in an effort to defend an unpopular position.

“We got people who are in high, high, high, high places that have done far worse, if you look at it realistically. And they’re still up there,” Williams said. “This is small potatoes [compared to] a lot of things out there. But at the same time, it’s a big issue in America today, whether or not it’s in football, whether or not it’s in everyday life, whether or not it’s in politics, it’s out there.”

At this point, what’s abundantly clear is that team president Bruce Allen is perfectly content to let his subordinates do the talking on this issue (since it’s clear owner Dan Snyder won’t), and that Williams isn’t making things better by saying more words about a topic the league clearly hasn’t wrapped its arms around.

Ray Rice was made an example of after his domestic violence was caught on tape. Other players have been treated far differently, such as when the Giants extended kicker Josh Brown while knowing about charges against him, only to see him suspended for one game by the league (the NFL later circled back and made it six). Brown was later released and hasn’t played in the NFL again.

Foster has apparently been deemed more valuable than a kicker, and Williams is willing to put his reputation on the line for someone accused of things he deemed “small potatoes.” And those words will likely stick to Williams, no matter how many daughters he has.

Wouldn't be surprised if they coerce Sonny Jurgensen out of the radio booth to play this weekend.

I feel that with the injury woes that may be used as a reason to keep the status quo for next season, but I can't help but feel we're closer to a rebuild than a Super Bowl at this point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back