Most Boring VFL/AFL Player Encounters/Sightings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Walked past Luke Breust on Flinders street underneath some construction work last week, there's only space to walk in a single file but he decided to overtake someone. We almost brushed shoulders. Almost.

Saw Cyril at Trill nightclub few years ago, he was smashed.

Fev and his family were getting their bags wrapped at the airport in front of me a few months ago.

Alan Didak at Choi's restaurant in Hawthorn, he was eating.

Also saw Nahas at Trak nightclub, and again on chapel st couple of years later walking out of the 7/11 next to revs.

Last edited:
I just walked past Wayne Carey on St Kilda Road. He was wearing exercise clothes and had possibly just been to the gym which is very near by. He was talking on the phone about someone who had just been through a divorce. I wanted to get a photo but was too scared. I didn't say anything to him because also too scared and he was on the phone. He looked in really good shape, seemed really happy (based on the way he was talking on the phone) and is very tanned.

When nick Stevens was leaving port power I was filling up with petrol and Craig Kelly pulled up beside me I said where's Stevens going he said looks like Carlton I said shame he could be another Buckley his answer get fcked.
Rude. How dare you talk to the man.

Not a player but The Filth Wizard and I were walking by the G on on the morning of the grand final. I didn't see him but Filthy says we walked by essendon list manager Adrian Dodoro making his way to the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Entertaining thread!
Realised that I have a few....
I was introduced to Justin Madden by a mutual friend at a party when we we were both teenagers
I said something lame to him like
‘Oh, You’re that famous cricketer’
He laughed appropriately, sipped his beer (it was summer) and turned away.

At work I had a meeting with a Visy rep
It was Jezza!
He was shorter than I imagined he might be.
I gushed to him that he was my hero when I was a kid (true) he rolled his eyes as if to say that this was a common occurrence for him and then proceeded to spruik Visy recyclable solutions.

Around 2003 along with a crew of fellow glaziers I waited at a flash house in Brighton for a boom to lift a large replacement window over a fence into the property.
I casually walked into the living area to look at an original Jeffery Smart painting and while admiring his work heard someone say ‘so what do you think of that?’
It was Sam Newman and it turned out that I knew more about it than he did, he wasn’t amused, but to his credit he showed me the rest of his art.
He was taller that I imagined he might be and was in ripping shape!

Underrated thread.

Was once on a bar crawl in Prague with Michael Hurley. I don't remember speaking to him but he was there.

Saw a bunch of Freo players in Globalize on Rundle Mall when they were playing in Adelaide one time.

Saw BT going through airport security at Adelaide airport.

I walked past James Hird at Adelaide uni years ago, while he was still Essendon's coach.

I walked past Hird on Collins St when he was still the Essendon coach. Probably on a different day from your encounter though.

I saw James Hird walking along Toorak Rd, just opposite South Yarra station, he was wearing headphones and a jacket, I was on a tram.

I worked (briefly) for Ian Bremnar in the late eighties, he was still hard as teak and would unfailingly, every lunchtime come out and play kick to kick with the boys, several of whom made it their mission to punch him in the back of his head at every appropriate marking contest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back