Player Watch Chayce Jones - Re-Signed to End of 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

So GWS rated Hately in-front of Jones...….I thought most had picks 9-14 closed bunch together this year. And I remember reading an article where Hamish was talking about Sloane and not selecting him the first year in the lead up to this year draft, so this could be an insight into him rating Jones.

So GWS rated Hately in-front of Jones...….I thought most had picks 9-14 closed bunch together this year. And I remember reading an article where Hamish was talking about Sloane and not selecting him the first year in the lead up to this year draft, so this could be an insight into him rating Jones.
Don’t forget Caldwell and Jones prob the most similar in terms of mids

Hately was a point of difference with Caldwell and O’Hallaron

But if the team is based in Hobart, will people from Launceston support it or vice-versa?
Im in Launceston and yes I would and I think many others do to. I don't care if they base it in Devonport, Launceston, Hobart, or King Island :p I just want an AFL team to support and feel attached to.

I dont every really hear people complain about the Hobart Hurricanes being in Hobart. Everyone from Tassie who cares about cricket (for some reason) goes for them. Anyway I probably shouldnt help derail Chayce's thread anymore ;p

Im in Launceston and yes I would and I think many others do to. I don't care if they base it in Devonport, Launceston, Hobart, or King Island :p I just want an AFL team to support and feel attached to.

I dont every really hear people complain about the Hobart Hurricanes being in Hobart. Everyone from Tassie who cares about cricket (for some reason) goes for them. Anyway I probably shouldnt help derail Chayce's thread anymore ;p
Have appreciated your thoughts

The bolded is how 95% of South Australians felt in the mid to late 80s

You’re welcome here. Why don’t you barrack for us until such time as you get your own team ;)

We’ve got Greenwood and Jones. But really almost every player has been hand picked by a Tasmanian, so you could say we are as Tasmanian a team as you will get in the AFL :)

You’re welcome here. Why don’t you barrack for us until such time as you get your own team ;)

We’ve got Greenwood and Jones. But really almost every player has been hand picked by a Tasmanian, so you could say we are as Tasmanian a team as you will get in the AFL :)
Well North have two of my favourite Tassie players, but Adelaide are quickly catching up :) Cant wait to watch them next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They had a great draft no doubt
Yeah no one knows that yet. Could be a complete bust just as easily.

Every year there are a heap of fapped over teenagers who end up playing for South etc

The fact that there's 2 teams in QLD and no teams in Tasmania is a joke IMHO. 1 day they will have to see the light

Launceston v Glenorchy (Tasmanian State League)

Skip to 4:53 (Chayce Jones wearing #10)

Hmm, I know people think he needs to put on some size, but he looks pretty well built in that long sleeve. If I was on the sideline and you told me that was Rory Atkins I wouldn't have argued

Darcy Fogarty? Not seeing the likeness myself.

Edit: Gallucci from 2016 definitely looked like a Dougy clone, but I think he'll end up being much better.
I hope he'll be better too, but Dougie has been a bloody good footballer for a long time now.

Darcy Fogarty? Not seeing the likeness myself.

Edit: Gallucci from 2016 definitely looked like a Dougy clone, but I think he'll end up being much better.

Dougy has been a bit of a disappointment throughout his career, though I'd argue the disappointment was more due to bad luck then actually being a bad player.

Had the talent to be elite, and has definitely put in 1-2 seasons where he was definitely that. Just always picked up an injury/something went wrong that reverted him back to a good/very good player*. If Gallucci can get a bit luckier then Dougy, he's definitely a good shot to being much better because I'd agree, their talent levels are very similar.

*I'm sure someone is going to pick me up here and go "but..but..but he won a BnF", but someone like Douglas has enough to his game to be a much more decorated player then what he's ended up being. It however needs a bit of luck to build a resume like that and there were times Dougy was found wanting there (that testicle injury in particular).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back