Game Day 2018 AFL Draft (6:30PM AEDT)

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL going to look at the methodology of trading Swans style. Lolz
http://www.afl.com.au/video/2018-11-27/clever-draft-tactic-could-be-blocked-in-future

I’m reminded of that line from Eminem
‘You only get one shot do not miss your chance...’

Haha as I expected.

I do notice they keep preferring to headline the Carlton/Adelaide trade rather than the Swans. I noticed it in articles post event and even Gil then highlighted that trade before being directly questioned about ours (which was the first instance of such a trade....)

Ted did say that Foot would win the Brownlow for us. Maybe he's right
Now this story is getting out of hand.
If we go all the way back to where it all started, I said that Foote was going to replace the old number 6.
Foote was given number 6. Then we had some fun with it. Can't remember mentioning a Brownlow though.

I think the best Brownlow medalist the game has seen will replace Roughy as Captain no?

Haha as I expected.

I do notice they keep preferring to headline the Carlton/Adelaide trade rather than the Swans. I noticed it in articles post event and even Gil then highlighted that trade before being directly questioned about ours (which was the first instance of such a trade....)
I’ve noticed. It’s clear which trade they want to promote, is a bit funny.

I’m trying to imagine Gill’s face when we first proposed the trade.
Think the grin would have been rather forced. Heh

Ted did say that Foot would win the Brownlow for us. Maybe he's right

Ted said he would become a good player, think he said 50 games

Only outlandish brownlow was the guy with the broken tv thinking Bird would win a brownlow, but now he just baits instead

Only outlandish brownlow was the guy with the broken tv thinking Bird would win a brownlow, but now he just baits instead
Haha, correct...Teddy boy was a good career for some off the mark there!

Over the years I have tried, and failed, many times to find the original Bird for Brownlow post :(

I hope someone has better search skills, I'd love to take a trip down memory lane

Anyone watch the video on AFL site regarding Saints draft night drama?
Hahahaha - Rank amateurism. They are discussing what ifs on the night for Caldwell like they hadn't even been through scenarios beforehand and planned for them.
Then talking amongst themselves about RCD, half the team seemed like they were unsure what kind of player he was ! WTF! Their BigFooty Board would have done better.
Had to laugh when they called a club back to reject one bad offer they'd just received before someone shouted, "Get back to them with a counter offer." No-one had thought of that before the guy was literally talking to his counterpart! LOL
No wonder we were ahead of the pack on our pick deals on the night if that is the standard, and no wonder the Saints are where they've been for a while.
http://www.afl.com.au/video/2018-12-10/draft-night-drama-tension-builds-as-saints-try-to-do-a-deal

Hahahaha - Rank amateurism. They are discussing what ifs on the night for Caldwell like they hadn't even been through scenarios beforehand and planned for them.
Then talking amongst themselves about RCD, half the team seemed like they were unsure what kind of player he was ! WTF! Their BigFooty Board would have done better.
Had to laugh when they called a club back to reject one bad offer they'd just received before someone shouted, "Get back to them with a counter offer." No-one had thought of that before the guy was literally talking to his counterpart! LOL
No wonder we were ahead of the pack on our pick deals on the night if that is the standard, and no wonder the Saints are where they've been for a while.
http://www.afl.com.au/video/2018-12-10/draft-night-drama-tension-builds-as-saints-try-to-do-a-deal

I can't bear to watch those videos being posted on the AFL site tbh. It's cringe-worthy, especially after the facts. Life is stressful enough at times, I don't need the second-hand stress of a recruiting team's dilemmas as well!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't bear to watch those videos being posted on the AFL site tbh. It's cringe-worthy, especially after the facts. Life is stressful enough at times, I don't need the second-hand stress of a recruiting team's dilemmas as well!
Yeah, I can see where you are coming from there.
Just watched the Carlton one with SOS running the Stocker deal. No stress there - competent deal making with an informed crew at hand.
Mind you Crows are looking good now that Docherty is gone for the year again. But I still think it a good idea from Carlton.

Didn't see much wrong with that video. I guess the Caldwell thing looked a bit unorganised considering the top 8 was pretty set for a while.

RCD talk was fine, they are right in that he is a raw prospect and they were basically asking the question that if we give up a future first, where would he have gone in next years draft? If they think they will have a top 5 pick next year but they also think he would be lucky to scrape inside the top 10 in that year, is that good value?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back