Prediction 2019 Ladder Predictions + 2020 Ladder early Predictions ( Page 115+ )

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did my ladder prediction for 2019 to add to the 100's already here but was quite surprised how good Adelaide & North's fixtures are next year:

1. Richmond
2. Melbourne
3. West Coast
4. Adelaide
5. Essendon
6. Collingwood
7. North Melbourne
8. GWS
-------------------------
9. Geelong
10. Port Adelaide
11. Brisbane
12. Fremantle
13. Hawthorn
14. Sydney
15. Western Bulldogs
16. St Kilda
17. Carlton
18. Gold Coast

I like calling out Pies hubris. Tiges have been successful for main part of Hardwick's reign yet he never has the media fawning over him like Buckley does.Compare their records. I believe Pies inaction at trade table and aging "injured" stars will begin to hurt them. The draw will also hurt them. I believe they will make the eight - but be found out big time against top eight sides in 2019. Yes I know they destroyed Richmond's season in PF, however that loss well overdue.
Fair enough opinion. I reckon we’ll be somewhere around the pointy end again, but you could well be right.

The prelim must’ve been particularly hard to swallow given your main interest in footy seems to be disliking the Pies.

Let’s hope we do it to you again in the Grand Final next year. You’ll have to make it there first of course ;)

Both compare very similar for winning record

Overall record
Hardwicke 53.9%
Buckley 53.7%

Regular season
Buckley 54.5%
Hardwicke 54.0 %

Buckley is 44 games less coached

Nathans prominence in the media has been driven by the takeover from MM and the struggles after that. Its a Collingwood thing
Hardwick took over a putrid team and Buckley got given a top team.

Those figures are unfair on the job Hardwick has done

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Agree, Cats have nice draw and thats why I still think they make the 8. Same with the Crows though.
I actually think our problems last year were tactical. We increased defence but lost a lot of that run and quick ball movement. It was probably done because most of our defence got injured at the start of the year, and to try to counter Richmond's game plan.

Still, we've trimmed out most of our fringe players before the draft so not sure what that means, a partial rebuild? or just making up for the deficit left by trading too many picks the last few years?

Possibly. They should look better for Hardwicke IF Buckley gets to 200

Both compare very similar for winning record

Overall record
Hardwicke 53.9%
Buckley 53.7%

Regular season
Buckley 54.5%
Hardwicke 54.0 %

Buckley is 44 games less coached

Nathans prominence in the media has been driven by the takeover from MM and the struggles after that. Its a Collingwood thing

Hardly relevant comparisons. Buckley got given a team who had just won the flag.

West Coast
Melbourne
Richmond
GWS
Collingwood
Essendon
North Melbourne
Hawthorn
------------------
Sydney
Geelong
Adelaide
Brisbane
Port Adelaide
Bulldogs
Fremantle
Carlton
Saint Kilda
Gold Coast

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This guy got high on mushrooms and got the ladder 90% correct.

View attachment 589394

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I liked the way that only Michael and Eleanor knew what was really happening in the last episode of season one - all of the other actors didn't know *surprise*

Mind you you meet this guy again (in person) in season 3 ...

Just to let u all know that the fixtures are like a lotto draw anything can happen Carlton and Brisbane and maybe St Kilda and Adelaide could make the finals and anyone can drop out from the top 8 just take it as a normal fixture draw until round 9 of next year

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Just to let you know the fixtures are the complete opposite of a lotto draw. Yes, the individual opponents may or may not be in form next year - or at any point during the year - but that doesn't make the fixture a lotto. Who you play and where makes a massive difference - remember having to go to Geelong for once? Big difference playing West Coast, Adelaide, GWS & Brisbane once and at home as opposed to the reverse.

They are randomised to a small extent, but a lot of requirements are placed on the computer that generates the fixture. It's a large reason why Collingwood (one of the biggest clubs) has a soft draw nearly every year, while Saints (small club with poor match attendance) consistently get a s**t draw nearly every year.
All MCG tenants get a "soft draw" every year since they rarely end up having to leave the state and often get away games at their own home ground, but ignoring that aspect Richmond still has to double against last year's runner up, Melbourne (a serious threat next year), GWS (should still be competitive), Port (who knows) and Carlton (easy, but they have been decent against Richmond recently). I honestly wouldn't say there's any favouritism towards Richmond this year - at least no more than the other MCG tenants

Pretty much. Most MCG clubs get default soft draws unless - god forbid - the day comes that Collingwood, Richmond, Carlton, Melbourne, Hawthorn and Essendon are all teams pushing for the top 4. Then we'll hear epic levels of whinging about how hard they have it...

Last edited:

Hardwick had to build a premiership team. Buckley took one backwards. Good post.

Post draft and trade period:

01 - West Coast
02 - Richmond
03 - Melbourne
04 - Sydney
05 - Collingwood
06 - GWS
07 - Essendon
08 - Hawthorn
-------------------------------------------
09 - Geelong
10 - Adelaide
11 - North Melbourne
12 - Western Bulldogs
13 - Port Adelaide
14 - Brisbane
15 - Carlton
16 - Fremantle
17 - St. Kilda
18 - Gold Coast

1. Richmond
2. Melbourne
3. West Coast
4. Collingwood
5. Adelaide
6. Essendon
7. Hawthorn
8. Western Bulldogs
———————————————————
9. Sydney
10. GWS
11. Geelong
12. Port Adelaide
13. North Melbourne
14. Brisbane
15. Fremantle
16. St Kilda
17. Carlton
18. Gold Coast

1. Melbourne
2. Collingwood
3. West Coast
4. Richmond
5. Essendon
6. Hawthorn
7. Geelong
8. GWS Giants

9. Fremantle
10. Port Adelaide
11. Sydney Swans
12. Brisbane Lions
13. North Melbourne
14. Adelaide
15. Western Bulldogs
16. Carlton
17. St Kilda
18. Gold Coast
Interesting that you’ve got Adelaide sliding. They will have a healthy list, an easy fixture and won’t be fresh off a Collective Minds camp. I have them shooting back into the eight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back