Draft Review 2015 - Redo the 2015 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Sier is 191cm and 88 kg his first 12 games @ 19.5 d and 10.6 cp
Oliver is 187 and 83 kg his first 13 games @ 19.2 d and 9.5 cp
Maybe we should revisit this in a years time.
Ok so if we are using that as a guide than Sier needs to average 30 touches a game and finish top 7 in the AFLCA to replicate Olivers second year form.

Oh and he did it with Gawn out for half a season, no Brayshaw and Viney and Jones missing large chunks of the year.

I will happily come back to this in a year and revisit it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ess supporters exploded when Daniher kicked 34 goals in 22 games in his 3rd year - Curnow kicked 34 in 20. They have every right to be extremely excited.

Curnow 3rd year stacks up well against a lot of the good young forwards:

Curnow 34 in 20 games
Daniher 34 in 22 games
J Roo 32 in 20 games
N Roo 30 in 22 games
J Kenendy 7 in 7 games.

You have talked up Francis after 1 or 2 good games. Go and watch round 1 V the Tigers again - 10 marks 5 goals against a great defense.

I am taking Curnow as a clear 2 and you just jinxed Francis. Cheers.
Post of the day.

omg.... hahaha sier vs oliver. That is amazing.

It’s not Sier vs Oliver, merely pointing out they started in similar fashion, where Siers ceiling is is yet to be determined.
Maybe I’m a bit sensitive as a Carlton supporter described him a a draft bust @ pick 32. He has been injured and this is his first genuine run at it.

It’s not Sier vs Oliver, merely pointing out they started in similar fashion, where Siers ceiling is is yet to be determined.
Maybe I’m a bit sensitive as a Carlton supporter described him a a draft bust @ pick 32. He has been injured and this is his first genuine run at it.
Siers is perfectly good and could end up being good but Oliver is already a consistent star. Theres no comparison. Not even close to a comparison.

Kicking 34 goals from CHF, 18% of your team’s score, from CHF; it’s a bit more than just potential.

Don’t take it as a knock on Curnow. He is 21yo KPF who has all the makings of being a star it’s just he needs to find some consistency, he had a few good games but he needs to push it up to 15-18 good games a year before we can say he’s made it

I don’t think scoring 18% of Carlton’s score is an argument for here.. Blues averaged 60 points a game
The fact that the team was averaging 60 points and he kicked 34 goals as a chf makes him predominantly better. Id take him over daniher, personally. Hes a star

I don’t think scoring 18% of Carlton’s score is an argument for here.. Blues averaged 60 points a game

Yes. It’s a team game and percentage of scoreline contributed is exactly the kind of measurement that weights the differences between teams. Another would be score per I50 where Charlie scored a point every 25% of I50’s compared to the Coleman medalist’s 32%; again pretty good for a 21yo playing CHF not deep and in a team with bog average forward movement.

When it comes to this draft, potential has nothing to do with it. Charlie is already one of the best few based on performance alone. On potential, he could be one of the best few forwards in the league one day, but that’s a different conversation.

The fact that the team was averaging 60 points and he kicked 34 goals as a chf makes him predominantly better. Id take him over daniher, personally. Hes a star

You’re completely missing my point. 34 goals doesn’t mean you’ve made it. You’re on your way to making it but you’re not there yet. I’m sure we’ll have to agree to disagree but I’ll take a proven star over an unproven star any day of the week. Clarry is the only proven star from this draft so far!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’re completely missing my point. 34 goals doesn’t mean you’ve made it. You’re on your way to making it but you’re not there yet. I’m sure we’ll have to agree to disagree but I’ll take a proven star over an unproven star any day of the week. Clarry is the only proven star from this draft so far!
Lol I didnt say 34 goals means you made it. I said it has more value, individually for Curnow, if the team is scoring less than the average. Basic math. I think you missed the point.

Lol I didnt say 34 goals means you made it. I said it has more value, individually for Curnow, if the team is scoring less than the average. Basic math. I think you missed the point.

I think you need to factor in that the rest of the Carlton forward line stinks. Who else is going to kick goals??

You’re point was you would take Curnow over Daniher. Curnow has showed flashes of brilliance but hasn’t shown any consistency yet. Daniher has put together a full season worthy of getting an All Australian nod. This isn’t me being biased, your comment would be like me saying I would prefer Andy McGrath to Sam Docherty which is a ridiculous statement, Docherty is a star McGrath still has a way to go.

Don’t take it as a knock on Curnow. He is 21yo KPF who has all the makings of being a star it’s just he needs to find some consistency, he had a few good games but he needs to push it up to 15-18 good games a year before we can say he’s made it

Just because he has potential, doesn’t mean he’s all potential. He’s actually produced some pretty good results already. If he played his best more consistently, like his game against the Pies, he’d be a star already, but that’s a pretty high bar to set a 21yo CHF to be ranked one of the best from his draft.

Just because he has potential, doesn’t mean he’s all potential. He’s actually produced some pretty good results already. If he played his best more consistently, like his game against the Pies, he’d be a star already, but that’s a pretty high bar to set a 21yo CHF to be ranked one of the best from his draft.

Glad you agree with me...

I agree with this. Curnow has not made it yet.

He is good, with a tonne of potential, but is not elite yet. Still raw, and in a bad team.

Kicking 34 goals from CHF, 18% of your team’s score, from CHF; it’s a bit more than just potential.

You make it sound like Curnow was playing like Riewoldt. He may have spent some time up the ground but he was still by far Carlton's most used target going inside 50.

Not trying to talk down Curnwow as he is my number 2 but he definitely is still more potential then production .

Weideman looks like being the breakout player from this draft in 2019 (which made it easier for The Dees to trade Hogan)
I wanted Curnow at the time. I still think Curnow will be better. Weideman played really well though at the end of the year and in the finals. Would like to see that consistently going into next year.

I wanted Curnow at the time. I still think Curnow will be better. Weideman played really well though at the end of the year and in the finals. Would like to see that consistently going into next year.

Weideman vs HMcKay could be a great comparasion over the next few years. Yet too see Harry take a game by the balls and make it his own like Sam did against Geelong, but he always finds a way too kick goals which is valuable. It’ll be a good draft for talls if they all reach their potential.

Anyone who doesn’t have Rioli in the top 5 is kidding themselves. Kicked 4 in a prelim, has won a flag and played a big part in reinventing the way small forwards play today.

The only players I could accept taking ahead of him would be Oliver, Curnow, Mills and Hipwood.

Next in line in no particular order would be Gresham, Himmelberg, Doedee, Dunkley, Phillips, Sier, and Menegola.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back