Player Watch Lachlan Sholl

Remove this Banner Ad

Hendo loved the long, high kick to a contest when playing as a defender at the Crows

But boy could he kick accurately to those contests or outnumbers

Thats the one.
The high floating kick to a guy who was 20m in the clear but now has a player about to crunch him and spoil the ball.

So in your opinion Bicks, given who was left on the table, who would you have picked at 64 if you were in charge of calling out the names?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's real easy
Tom McKenzie edit : Went to the Roo's at #10 Rookie Draft - Lightning quick mid/running back.

Of those that went undrafted Stefan Radojanovic a big bodied 192cm 85kg mid/running back with good speed and acceleration.

Last edited:

That's real easy
Tom McKenzie edit : Went to the Roo's at #10 Rookie Draft - Lightning quick mid/running back.

Of those that went undrafted Stefan Radojanovic a big bodied 192cm 85kg mid/running back with good speed and acceleration.
Any highlights of mckenzie Bicks?

:rolleyes: True genius's are not recognised till after they retire .....McKay a future hall of famer :cool:

Honestly, this is probably true. It'll take a decade or so until the vast majority of us stop being bitter about the continuous Mackay selection to appreciate how the hell he managed close to being a 200 game player despite being a footballer that only does well if he's 50m+ away from the play.

That's the true genius here. How long he's conned a career out of us despite continuously being rated (both internally through BnF and externally) as one of the worst footballers we have.

Honestly, this is probably true. It'll take a decade or so until the vast majority of us stop being bitter about the continuous Mackay selection to appreciate how the hell he managed close to being a 200 game player despite being a footballer that only does well if he's 50m+ away from the play.

That's the true genius here. How long he's conned a career out of us despite continuously being rated (both internally through BnF and externally) as one of the worst footballers we have.

I said this in a previous thread but I have been watching highlights most Friday and Saturday nights of the Crows from about 2008 onwards and in his career he has kicked 57 goals and I reckon I have seen 30 of them in these clips and each on of them is a highlight. It used to bug me when I'd hear commentators say " Mackay is a big in for the Crows" but if you see his highlight reel it is one cracking goal after another as he runs and bounces three times and drills it from 50.

We may remember his lowlights but his end of career package is going to have opposition fans wishing they had him...and that we let him go to Melbourne that time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good interview. Speaks well.
Character....no dickhead policy that's Hamish. :thumbsu:

Seems we were tracking Lachlan pretty hard from mid season on, have to say Hamish obviously saw more in Lachlan than I did the 3 or 4 times I saw the Cannons play this year, early in the year the Cannons player that stood out to me was Jack Bytel [midfielder]and later in the year under ager Daniel Mott [midfielder]. Never was as quite as high as others on Rhylee West or Curtis Taylor. Daniel Mott is definitely one to mark down for next year with our range of early picks given Hamish's love of Calder Cannon youngsters.

Character....no dickhead policy that's Hamish. :thumbsu:

Seems we were tracking Lachlan pretty hard from mid season on, have to say Hamish obviously saw more in Lachlan than I did the 3 or 4 times I saw the Cannons play this year, early in the year the Cannons player that stood out to me was Jack Bytel [midfielder]and later in the year under ager Daniel Mott [midfielder]. Never was as quite as high as others on Rhylee West or Curtis Taylor. Daniel Mott is definitely one to mark down for next year with our range of early picks given Hamish's love of Calder Cannon youngsters.
Except he did draft Lever and Gov

Except he did draft Lever and Gov
He wasn't the only one that got conned by Lever, high character/leadership was the common thread with him all through his draft year and the previous season, and by all reports the McGovern family [aside from Mitch] are really good people. I might be wrong but I suspect there were "outside" influences to McGovern jumping ship.

He wasn't the only one that got conned by Lever, high character/leadership was the common thread with him all through his draft year and the previous season, and by all reports the McGovern family [aside from Mitch] are really good people. I might be wrong but I suspect there were "outside" influences to McGovern jumping ship.
To be fair- money talks and with Lever it was all about the money. If we had offered our final offer to him 1st time round then it was likely he would have stayed. Taylor the fat tool got right in his ear and helped sell a move to him based on a bigger financial offer by Melbourne and it played out from there. Taylor sold us up the river with Lever and it will not be forgotten

Yeah, Lever was a weird one. Really gave every impression he was an excellent character until the mid of last year where there is some smoke about him being an absolute campaigner once he decided to leave. s**t happens unfortunately.

McGovern definitely went for the money. Is it a case of tasting football mortality and just deciding to make as much as possible before retiring, is it just regret about turning down bigger offers last year or something else? I do doubt he had outside influences, or if he did, they were actually acting in his best interest as if that was the case they'd have told him to hold out until FA. Unless them and McGovern didn't actually believe Mitch could ever get more money.

To be fair- money talks and with Lever it was all about the money. If we had offered our final offer to him 1st time round then it was likely he would have stayed. Taylor the fat tool got right in his ear and helped sell a move to him based on a bigger financial offer by Melbourne and it played out from there. Taylor sold us up the river with Lever and it will not be forgotten

People really believe that absolute tripe?

Lever was long gone by the time Taylor started up with his comments. He was gone the moment Melbourne offered 850k+ per year, as we were never coming close to that offer, and with that Lever got exactly what he wanted. Lever even was rumoured to have offered to stay if we paid him an equivalent amount, but we rightfully never touched that deal.

You are right though, he would have absolutely stayed if we offered our final offer as our initial. After all, that was what he was rumoured to be looking for initially. Thankfully that's another bullet dodged because what we was doing in 2017 was certainly not worth that, and his actual defensive ability was horrendous.

Nup

Remove this Banner Ad

Back