Past Durak Tucker - delisted 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2018-11-23/pick-12-durak-tucker

The Sydney Swans have selected Durak Tucker with pick 12 in the 2019 Rookie Draft.

Durak Tucker

Club: Peel Thunder
Height: 189cm
Weight: 84kg
Position: Defender

Medium defender who is strong overhead and reads the game exceptionally well. Quick and competitive and has the ability to play on tall and small opponents while staying strong in contests. Tucker has missed most of the 2018 season after rupturing the ACL in his knee. He was unable to test at the AFL Draft Combine as he continued his rehabilitation, but the youngster had previously recorded a 2.84 in the 20-metre sprint, which would have had him ranked number one had he tested in October.

What they said

"He had the knee this year but he is just tough and hard and intercept marks and he’s a bit like Sam Taylor (from GWS). He is quiet, he just does his job and hates to get beaten. He’s one of those kids and he’s got Sammy Taylor traits written all over him." (Australian football great Peter Sumich)

Last edited:
I'm pretty excited for this guy. My initial gut feel is that he could be the next Swans rookie success story. I'll be watching him closely over his journey.

Welcome to the swans Durak!

I think this is a shrewd choice despite his rehab from ACL. The highlights footage is very good. He was an under age rep in the WA under 18 squad in 17. His coach is on record as having said he was on track to be co-captain in 18 before injury. He is also credited with a pre injury sprint time over 20 metres which would have placed him first at the combine had he participated. So is extremely quick off the mark which as a defender is invaluable to close that separation a forward creates on a lead. Love this pick

Seems to have all the traits we need for a Nick Smith replacement. Will look for him to really push for selection in his second year. I'd be happy for him to get his knee 100% right and perform well for NEAFL team in the second half of his rookie season.

The kid is switched on, ease him in and i think he could be a bolter

"
Tucker immediately started studying other players who had knee reconstructions.

He took the idea of keeping a diary to record his recovery from Adelaide’s Andy Otten.

He has given the diary to some of the 13 clubs who have interviewed him."

I have very little to base this on other than gut feel from seeing his highlights and his interview but I think this will be our next AA that we got through the rookie list. There's just something about him.

Based on his interview, he is my favourite of all our new players.
Seemed genuinely happy to be coming to the Swans.

Seems like a really nice guy as well. Also glad I was not the only one that thought the AFL rookie draft was on at 6pm and logged onto the AFL draft tracker to see the rookie draft already done :p

Seems like a really nice guy as well. Also glad I was not the only one that thought the AFL rookie draft was on at 6pm and logged onto the AFL draft tracker to see the rookie draft already done :p
Hope he doesn't house share with Aliir. There could be problems. He was in bed at 3.00 pm

wow, he really did seem like he was cartwheeling (as much as he can without the boys getting into him.)

awesome, hopefully his rehab progresses well. He did his acl a month after Naismith, instant mentoring from Menzel i guess for Durak :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have very little to base this on other than gut feel from seeing his highlights and his interview but I think this will be our next AA that we got through the rookie list. There's just something about him.

No pressure.

Who was the last draftee/rookie that came to the Swans?
Rookie?

Alex Johnson, Angus Styles, Joel Amartey, Jake Brown, and James Bell were the last 5

Also excited to have Durack as a Blood.
Who was the last draftee/rookie that came to the Swans?

Maybe you mean WA draftee/rookie? Cause if so, that would be Buddy wouldn’t it? Marsh and Mitchell came before him and I’m blanking on any WA lads since 2014.

Maybe you mean WA draftee/rookie? Cause if so, that would be Buddy wouldn’t it? Marsh and Mitchell came before him and I’m blanking on any WA lads since 2014.
If he means WA then Darcy Cameron was the last one, before that Tom Derickx and Lance Franklin

After 18 teams absolutely killed it in the draft, it looks like 18 teams had a brilliant rookie draft as well! The good news just keeps on coming!

After 18 teams absolutely killed it in the draft, it looks like 18 teams had a brilliant rookie draft as well! The good news just keeps on coming!

A real Super Draft tm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back