Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please, can we stop talking about Darcy Tucker as if he's a plodder? The guy's played three seasons where he covered 12 games in his first year, and then 19 and 17 games respectively. Can play forward, back and through the middle. Excellent size and attitude.

Get used to him guys, he's a big part of the future.

Darcy Tucker has looked like a gun whenever we have total midfield dominance and zero opposition pressure.

It's a bit like the temperature in the shower when you have a single tap and a single touch on the dial is the difference between freezing cold and scorching hot.

We haven't been scorching hot for his whole career.

If he isn't in the long term plan then I'd like to see him in the side when we are on fire, delivering the ball inside fifty and running forward to score himself. He will attract opposition interest with a season like that, not just from the articles written about the reasons behind a resurgent Fremantle but fantasy sport and social media relevance.

Then we can trade our two second round picks for an academy club's first rounder next season.
Id like to see Tucker being played in one position for the year. Throwing him all over the ground hasnt helped his development and has probably hindered his progress. We give up on young players way too early in my opinion. Darcy's still two and a bit years younger than the recently drafted Brett Bewley and has already showed he can play at afl level when he has been at his best. Yeo didnt do a heap in his first three years on an afl list apart from periodic moments of brilliance. Tucker's had a similar start to his career in that he has looked great at times and at times struggled to impact a game.

I think he should be played in defence (where he played his best juniour footy) in a shut down role next season. Our defence needs that sort of player (a shutdown small) in my view and potentially Darcy offers that with the capacity to attack as well. He has a huge leap and very good pace so he could also match up on taller mid sized forwards and super quick smalls as well.

Last edited:

Darcy Tucker has looked like a gun whenever we have total midfield dominance and zero opposition pressure.

It's a bit like the temperature in the shower when you have a single tap and a single touch on the dial is the difference between freezing cold and scorching hot.

We haven't been scorching hot for his whole career.

If he isn't in the long term plan then I'd like to see him in the side when we are on fire, delivering the ball inside fifty and running forward to score himself. He will attract opposition interest with a season like that, not just from the articles written about the reasons behind a resurgent Fremantle but fantasy sport and social media relevance.

Then we can trade our two second round picks for an academy club's first rounder next season.
We have 2 seconds?

Please, can we stop talking about Darcy Tucker as if he's a plodder? The guy's played three seasons where he covered 12 games in his first year, and then 19 and 17 games respectively. Can play forward, back and through the middle. Excellent size and attitude.

Would he have earned that many games if we weren't rebuilding and trying to pump games into him. From here on, he will hopefully have to earn his place in the team and actually have to perform in the main team, to hold his place in the side. How many games you have been gifted during a rebuild doesn't mean anything, if you don't kick on from there. I genuinely hope he does, because as you said he is an excellent size and I like his kicking ability.

Id like to see Tucker being played in one position for the year. Throwing him all over the ground hasnt helped his development and has probably hindered his progress. We give up on young players way too early in my opinion. Darcy's still two and a bit years younger than the recently drafted Brett Bewley and has already showed he can play at afl level when he has been at his best. Yeo didnt do a heap in his first three years on an afl list apart from periodic moments of brilliance. Tucker's had a similar start to his career in that he has looked great at times and at times struggled to impact a game.

I think he should be played in defence (where he played his best juniour footy) in a shut down role next season. Our defence needs that sort of player (a shutdown small) in my view and potentially Darcy offers that with the capacity to attack as well. He has a huge leap and very good pace so he could also match up on taller mid sized forwards and super quick smalls as well.
The closest player to his performance at west coast is Chris masten

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...layerStatus2=A&tid2=9&pid2=4186&fid2=O&type=A

All we hear is how good Masten's season was. Pity we don't back in our players like those down the road.
Masten has played almost 200 games.

I don’t think tucker is going to be a world beater but if he continues in the vein of Mastens development (with better kicking efficiency) and etches out a 200 game career I think it is a great pick up.

FWIW he hasn’t even served his 50 game apprenticeship yet.

I’m still pissed off now thinking about Gaff hitting Brayshaw. Watch the Eagles supporters give him another standing ovation and boo Andy next derby.

Yeh not happy either, I got abused on Rotto because I was wearing a Freo FC t-shirt and a WC supporter Blames us for Gaff not being able to play finals! FFS Brayshaw was the innocent one in all of that!

No matter what FFC says, WC don’t give a fig and blame Freo... no contrition what so ever from that other mob!

Bring it on I say!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m still pissed off now thinking about Gaff hitting Brayshaw. Watch the Eagles supporters give him another standing ovation and boo Andy next derby.
“Andrew we applaud what you have overcome”

Yeh not happy either, I got abused on Rotto because I was wearing a Freo FC t-shirt and a WC supporter Blames us for Gaff not being able to play finals! FFS Brayshaw was the innocent one in all of that!

No matter what FFC says, WC don’t give a fig and blame Freo... no contrition what so ever from that other mob!

Bring it on I say!

I was a staunch believer in karma up until that incident, the way their club and fans reacted and the gf. Now I know full well that karma is a crock of s**t.

Hope Sandy picks him up and buries him head first a metre deep as his final act in purple.

happygilmorebend4.jpg

Is he? I see a guy currently who is playing a lot and going nowhere.
Hes had very few games that have been more than meh...

I have a soft spot for the kid, but i just get the feeling there is going to be a time come where he is really going to explode and turn into a legitimate borderline B/A Grade footballer.
He's classy by foot, really strong, a good decision maker. I think hes a little slow, but i also think hes a midfielder and not a flanker like he has been pigeonholed as to this point.

I have a soft spot for the kid, but i just get the feeling there is going to be a time come where he is really going to explode and turn into a legitimate borderline B/A Grade footballer.
He's classy by foot, really strong, a good decision maker. I think hes a little slow, but i also think hes a midfielder and not a flanker like he has been pigeonholed as to this point.
Pretty sure if the coaching staff thought he could contribute as a midfielder they would have tried, there was plenty of opportunity in the past two years. I don't think Tucker will ever be a consistent player week to week, he's not a ball-winner and therefore needs others to deliver it to him. Looks like a wing/flanker to me.

As we all know now, it's not about best 22. No teams uses 22 players over a season. You need 28-30 players who you are comfortable with at AFL level. Darcy Tucker.. I'm very happy with in that group.

Pretty sure if the coaching staff thought he could contribute as a midfielder they would have tried, there was plenty of opportunity in the past two years. I don't think Tucker will ever be a consistent player week to week, he's not a ball-winner and therefore needs others to deliver it to him. Looks like a wing/flanker to me.
Slow winger, or flankers don't survive in the AFL, do we need to put a higher value on being able to win your own ball .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back