Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suppose it's getting around to the point where we need to make some progress on contracts. Have 16 out of contract senior listed players, and obviously 4 rookies. Hunter and Dunkley among those you'd like to lock away early.

Still also seeking clarification that is Buku a Category A or B rookie? And if he is Category B do we have to sign another Category A rookie to fill up our list? The new rookie rules are starting to confuse me, as does the fact Essendon have only 37 senior listed players on their list.

Still also seeking clarification that is Buku a Category A or B rookie? And if he is Category B do we have to sign another Category A rookie to fill up our list? The new rookie rules are starting to confuse me, as does the fact Essendon have only 37 senior listed players on their list.

Bombers still to add a couple of dealers to their list and then they'll be done.

Buku is on the category B list at the moment so technically we can sign one more player after December first, but that may
depend on cap room being available. Essendon have already committed to Zac Clarke who withdrew from the draft so I
hope you are counting him even though they cannot formalise it until December first. I read somewhere there are nine
teams with the provision to sign extra players after December first, but the players cannot train with the team until they
are signed.

Buku is on the category B list at the moment so technically we can sign one more player after December first, but that may
depend on cap room being available. Essendon have already committed to Zac Clarke who withdrew from the draft so I
hope you are counting him even though they cannot formalise it until December first. I read somewhere there are nine
teams with the provision to sign extra players after December first, but the players cannot train with the team until they
are signed.

I thought Vital said he was Cat A?

In any case we should definitely sign Gibbons as a rookie if we can then. At worst he improves our VFL team immeasurably. At best we have a recruiting coup.

are signed.

Heard on one of the radio stations this morning that we have one spot available for this new rookie rule just don’t ask me to explain it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I thought Vital said he was Cat A?

In any case we should definitely sign Gibbons as a rookie if we can then. At worst he improves our VFL team immeasurably. At best we have a recruiting coup.

Vital said we took Khamis as Cat B, but are going to "upgrade Khamis straight away with our spare rookie spot". This doesn't make a lot of sense as it's very unlikely that Buku will play at all this season and even more unlikely that he will play early in the season. He's got a bit of work to do on his endurance, strength, game sense and defensive game.

I'd say we are leaving that spot open for the mid season draft next year most likely.

are signed.

Apparently they can.

RICHMOND is hoping to offer talented WA teenager Sydney Stack an AFL lifeline, with the Tigers inviting him to train at Punt Road.

The Tigers submitted a request to the AFL over the weekend and is waiting for League approval.

If given the green light, Stack will arrive at Tigerland on December 1, and can train with Richmond during the pre-season supplemental selection period until March 15.

He could then join Richmond's list under the new rookie rules.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-11-26/tigers-seek-draft-lifeline-for-overlooked-wa-star

Vital said we took Khamis as Cat B, but are going to "upgrade Khamis straight away with our spare rookie spot". This doesn't make a lot of sense as it's very unlikely that Buku will play at all this season and even more unlikely that he will play early in the season. He's got a bit of work to do on his endurance, strength, game sense and defensive game.

I'd say we are leaving that spot open for the mid season draft next year most likely.

Apparently they can.

RICHMOND is hoping to offer talented WA teenager Sydney Stack an AFL lifeline, with the Tigers inviting him to train at Punt Road.

The Tigers submitted a request to the AFL over the weekend and is waiting for League approval.

If given the green light, Stack will arrive at Tigerland on December 1, and can train with Richmond during the pre-season supplemental selection period until March 15.

He could then join Richmond's list under the new rookie rules.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-11-26/tigers-seek-draft-lifeline-for-overlooked-wa-star
You forget that major Vic clubs are given exceptions from these rules. Same reason Geelong are able to break draft rules by not using 1st rounders, and all is fine

Apparently they can.
Not until December the first, you would think the five known players would be keen to start.
Zac Clarke to Essendon
Keegan Brooksby to West Coast
Corey Wagner to Melbourne
Maverick Weller to Richmond
Shane Mumford to GWS

Pretty sure Richmond had to seek special dispensation over Sydney Stack under their elastic rules principal.

I hope we get Matthew Hammelmann from the NEAFL, gives us two proper KPF's. Hammelmann also spent
his nine games down back while on Brisbane's list as a KPD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With picking up two more sub 180 cm players (Vandermeer 179 cm and Cavarra - 172 cm) plus
West 180 cm and Hayes 181 cm plus a couple more sub 180 cm players already on the list will this count against us going for Gibbons?

I feel like if we were going to add a positional need, it would be a forward. I actually think our midfield and defence are quite balanced tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back