Traded Dylan Shiel [traded with future 2nd to Essendon for #9 and future 1st round pick]

Where is Dylan Shiel getting traded?

• Carlton

Votes: 182 39.8%
  • Essendon

Votes: 37 8.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 146 31.9%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 71 15.5%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Sloppy seconds is my phrase - no one else is allowed to use it.

PS: Essendon was Shiel’s sloppy second club
I've been using that phrase since you were swimming around in your dad's balls, and Shiel was always going to Essendon.

I happen to think Wingard was Hawthorn's endgame all along, and I think they gave up less than what Essendon did for Shiel (whom panicked by SOS trying to gazzump them by throwing in their 2019 first rounder)

Hawks got their man, at the price they were happy to pay, Bombers had to pay overs to get theirs. I get a feeling in years to come, we may sit back and think Dodoro got fleeced.

I happen to think Wingard was Hawthorn's endgame all along, and I think they gave up less than what Essendon did for Shiel (whom panicked by SOS trying to gazzump them by throwing in their 2019 first rounder)

Hawks got their man, at the price they were happy to pay, Bombers had to pay overs to get theirs. I get a feeling in years to come, we may sit back and think Dodoro got fleeced.

Gave up less? Hawks had to give up their most promising player in over a decade plus picks to get Wingard basicly traded away thier future for 1 one player when in the next 2 years would have needed those picks for the draft. Essendon only gave up 2 first rounders,got second back and lose no players.

Would say Hawks were the ones who payed overs.

Last edited:

I really don't see how Hawthorn gave up less for Wingard. As Jade showed in a previous post using this years finishing positons as a reference for 2019 Essendon gave up the points equivalent of pick 4 for Shiel and Hawthorn gave up the points equivalent of pick 9 plus Burton for Wingard.

Except the price paid was:

Essendon: Pick 4 for Shiel
Hawthorn: Pick 9 + Burton for Wingard

Explain to me how the Bombers paid overs, but Hawks got their man at a price they were happy to pay?

If I ever meet you I will buy you a drink

I get a feeling in years to come we may sit back and watch Wingerz return to the club he really loves. A bit like the Trent Croad homecoming.

PORT Adelaide star Chad Wingard is “heartbroken” at the treatment by the Power....

“I believe that he’s heartbroken.

“I felt like he loves the club, he loves Port Adelaide, anyone that speaks to him — you know he loves Port Adelaide. It was a bit of a shock decision.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...t/news-story/a6fec3bfc75335a4e2be9518a38ec53c

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really don't see how Hawthorn gave up less for Wingard. As Jade showed in a previous post using this years finishing positons as a reference for 2019 Essendon gave up the points equivalent of pick 4 for Shiel and Hawthorn gave up the points equivalent of pick 9 plus Burton for Wingard.
Have no idea where people are saying that the trades are comparitively different. I’ve never argued that in terms of value. I have merely (and rather meekly) said that Wingard was worth the significant cost and that Shiel wasn’t - hence us withdrawing once DoDo flew in with his OTT offer

I get a feeling in years to come we may sit back and watch Wingerz return to the club he really loves. A bit like the Trent Croad homecoming.

PORT Adelaide star Chad Wingard is “heartbroken” at the treatment by the Power....

“I believe that he’s heartbroken.

“I felt like he loves the club, he loves Port Adelaide, anyone that speaks to him — you know he loves Port Adelaide. It was a bit of a shock decision.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...t/news-story/a6fec3bfc75335a4e2be9518a38ec53c
Wingerz will love Dingerz

Is it possible to suggest, that both the Hawks and the Bombers improved their list with the acquisition's of Wingard and Shiel, and neither side got "fleeced" or ripped off", and both football departments should be very satisfied with their respective effort's?
Only if the Hawks can engineer some rectitude and acknowledge that Shiel did in fact inform the Hawks they were not his chosen destination, and as a consequence they moved on to another target, namely Pingerz Wingerz.

classic.

Melbourne paid "2 first rounders" for Lever. He's done sfa. I don't see anyone ruminating on how badly Melbourne were "fleeced".

Back