Prediction 2019 Ladder Predictions + 2020 Ladder early Predictions ( Page 115+ )

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not always for a 6-7 year consecutive period though. Beginning when they first took over. That's quite unique.
It didn't help that players got delisted that shouldn't have, or/and retired, and then in the last couple years, we didn't have a real game plan. I think in the early years, it was Buckley's way or the highway. But thankfully we've taken a step forward. better late than never.

It didn't help that players got delisted that shouldn't have, or/and retired, and then in the last couple years, we didn't have a real game plan. I think in the early years, it was Buckley's way or the highway. But thankfully we've taken a step forward. better late than never.
It was peachy in 2018 no doubt and the side looks good moving forward. Will be interesting to see if Buckley can keep the Pies up now (top 4?) or if they fall a back a little again.

It was peachy in 2018 no doubt and the side looks good moving forward. Will be interesting to see if Buckley can keep the Pies up now (top 4?) or if they fall a back a little again.
Hard to say at this point. If we reach top 4, good, if not and slip a little but still in the 8, I'm fine with that also; but I would imagine the team would be hungry to get back up there again. I feel we have a strong team now, it's just a matter of them keeping the right mindframe and play some good footy once again. Should be an interesting year.

1. Carlton
2. Richmond
3. Melbourne
4. West Coast
5. Collingwood
6. Essendon
7. Hawthorn
8. Western Bulldogs
———————————————————
9. Sydney
10. GWS
11. Geelong
12. Port Adelaide
13. North Melbourne
14. Brisbane
15. Fremantle
16. St Kilda
17. Gold Coast
———————————————————
18. Adelaide

1. Carlton
2. Richmond
3. Melbourne
4. West Coast
5. Collingwood
6. Essendon
7. Hawthorn
8. Western Bulldogs
———————————————————
9. Sydney
10. GWS
11. Geelong
12. Port Adelaide
13. North Melbourne
14. Brisbane
15. Fremantle
16. St Kilda
17. Gold Coast
———————————————————
18. Adelaide
Why do you still have an avatar of your old coach ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1.Richmond
2.West Coast
3.Essendon
4.Melbourne
5.Adelaide
6.GWS
7.Collingwood
8.Geelong

9.North Melbourne
10.Sydney
11.Port Adelaide
12.Brisbane
13.Hawthorn
14.Western Bulldogs
15.Fremantle
16.St Kilda
17.Carlton
18.Gold Coast

ATM you could probably draw a line through St Kilda, Gold Coast, Freo, and Carlton.

Brisbane unlikely but a (very) small chance.

Essendon, North, Adelaide lower than 50% chance to get in.

That leaves 10 serious contenders for the 8: Richmond, Geelong, GWS, Melbourne, Hawthorn, Collingwood, West Coast, Sydney, Port and the Dogs.

Richmond, West Coast, Melbourne, GWS locks for the 8.

Collingwood, Sydney highly likely to make it also.

This leaves 4 teams going for the final 2 spots: Geelong, Hawthorn, Port, Dogs.

Geelong biggest chance to drop out, leaving it a 2 horse race between Port & Dogs.

Biased but will give it to Dogs.

So top 8 (in no order): Richmond, West Coast, Melbourne, GWS, Collingwood, Sydney, Hawthorn, Dogs.

And bottom 10 (also in no order): Geelong, Port, Essendon, North, Adelaide, Brisbane, Freo, St Kilda, Gold Coast, Carlton
On reflection, I can see the ladder being this:

1. Richmond
2. Melbourne
3. West Coast
4. GWS
5. Adelaide
6. Collingwood
7. Essendon
8. Bulldogs
------------
9. Hawthorn
10. Port Adelaide
11. Sydney
12. North
13. Geelong
14. Brisbane
15. St Kilda
16. Freo
17. Carlton
18. Gold Coast

QF & EF:

Richmond vs GWS
Melbourne vs West Coast
Adelaide vs Bulldogs
Collingwood
vs Essendon

SF:

West Coast vs Collingwood
GWS vs Bulldogs

PF:

Richmond vs West Coast
Melbourne vs Bulldogs

GF:

Richmond vs Melbourne

Naturally, the opposite of this will most likely happen

I’m getting no positive vibes from Adelaide’s sides. The list just looks dry to me. I wouldn’t be too surprised if they jump back into top six calculations but I personally don’t see them improving like most others do.
We’ll see . Brodie smith, Brad crouch , tex walker are all fit and firing in preseason which wasn’t the case last year. We also have a pretty comfortable draw

2018 Lists (to avoid confusion)

Collingwood's best 10 players: Sidebottom, Grundy, Pendlebury, Treloar, Adams, De Goey, Howe, Varcoe, Hoskin-Elliott, Phillips (Elliott/Wells injured)

Richmond's best players: Martin, Riewoldt, Rance, Cotchin, Edwards, Grimes, Prestia, Caddy, Vlastuin, Lambert (Astbury/Houli ?)

Hawthorn's best players: Mitchell, Gunston, Burgoyne, Smith, McEvoy, Breust, Stratton, O'Meara, Shiels, Sicily (Hardwicke ?)

West Coast's best players: Kennedy, Gaff, Naitanui, McGovern, Hurn, Shuey, Yeo, Darling, Sheppard, Barrass

Melbourne's best players: Gawn, Oliver, Viney, Hogan, T. McDonald, Brayshaw, Lever, Harmes, Jones, Melksham (Salem ?)

Players with less than 100 games in bold.

This just highlights how Melbourne have a different evolution to the other 2018 finalists. If I'd added Geelong and Adelaide, who I think will return in 2019, the numbers would likely be the same as the other more experienced finals teams.

When Melbourne only have one or two bolded, like the other finalists, I expect the pesky losses that the nuffies tend to moan about will greatly diminish.

Why no rioli, higgins, graham, butler, and castagna? All under 100 games, all starting 22 locks. Guess it does not fit with your narrative?

I prefer to keep it real.

But by all means, post your top 10 Richmond players and I'll invite your fellow Richmond supporters to critique your work.
Why not just put age instead of games played? Gawn is over 2 years older than Vlastuin but he’s bolded and Vlastuin isn’t?

Only three of your top ten players are under 25 anyway...

1. Gawn
2. Oliver
3. McDonald
4. Brayshaw
5. Viney
6. Jetta
7. Hibberd
8. Melksham
9. May
10. Jones

Could sneak Harmes in there but he’s yet to do it consistently.

Why not just put age instead of games played? Gawn is over 2 years older than Vlastuin but he’s bolded and Vlastuin isn’t?

Only three of your top ten players are under 25 anyway...

1. Gawn
2. Oliver
3. McDonald
4. Brayshaw
5. Viney
6. Jetta
7. Hibberd
8. Melksham
9. May
10. Jones

Could sneak Harmes in there but he’s yet to do it consistently.
Where's Lever ? He's most definitely in our top 10.

Harmes has surpassed Jones. Harmes started in the centre square for the first bounce in our first final in 12 years. He also finished third in the B&F. It may only be one year, but it's the here and now.

For me Jones is no longer in our best 10 players.

I'm happy with eight out of ten of that list with the additions of Lever and Harmes.

I expect players like Petracca, Weideman, and Salem to be giving it a nudge sooner rather than later.

Where's Lever ? He's most definitely in our top 10.

Harmes has surpassed Jones. Harmes started in the centre square for the first bounce in our first final in 12 years. He also finished third in the B&F. It may only be one year, but it's the here and now.

For me Jones is no longer in our best 10 players.

I'm happy with eight out of ten of that list with the additions of Lever and Harmes.

I expect players like Petracca, Weideman, and Salem to be giving it a nudge sooner rather than later.
Fair enough on Harmes. Would like to see him do it for more than eight games or whatever it was that he strung together at the end of the season. Jones does look like he’s falling off a cliff though so I’ll pay it.

I would still quite easily prefer Hibberd, May and Jetta over Lever at this point in time. Lever still has deficiencies plus he’ll be coming back from a second knee reco. I’m skeptical as to whether he’ll ever fulfill his potential.

Weideman looks promising but still has a long way to go. Petracca should be there already and could easily be one or two in the future. Unfortunately he has stagnated a bit. Needs to lose weight and build endurance. Salem will never be in your top ten players. A good-average player.

1. Melbourne
2. Richmond
3. Collingwood
4. West Coast
5. Adelaide
6. Hawthorn
7. North Melbourne
8. Essendon
------------------
9. GWS
10. Bulldogs
11. Sydney