Recommitted Tim Kelly [requested a trade to West Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So West Coast took McGovern Priddis and Cox with rookie picks. About as relevant as your examples.

What I think is fantastic is the blind faith (bordering on brainwashing Jonesville style worship) that Geelong fans think Wells not wanting to take the picks make them invaluable.

The simple fact is you increase the chances of getting better players when you get first or an earlier choice on who you select.

Nobody in their right mind would say that the Geelong best 22 would be better for losing Kelly and gaining picks. Hell, the Cats would be weaker in 2019 losing Kelly and gaining Walsh (the local boy you overlooked). I would think most astute afl watchers would happily trade Kelly for Walsh.

You can be this stupid. Overlooked Walsh. You just cant be that inept.

GO Catters

This thread is 70% banter, 29% bullsh!t and 1% factual.

Thought everyone had worked that out by now.o_O;)

Then move it from the DT board and send it to the Bay. There is no footy discussion in this.

GO Catters

Yet she is the only person that has said this. Just after she wasn’t granted her demand to go home. Sounds a little like sour grapes

She is qualified to speak on the subject, (being someone who's experienced it) and her take was damning of the GFC's pastoral care.

Geelong drafted Tom Stewart at 40.

I'm aware.

They had an earlier pick, why didn't they select him earlier? According to Geelong fans that's what WC should have done with Tim Kelly. We had picks 21 and 26 and he went at 24. The way people go on about it you'd think we had 10 picks in the draft and then he went at pick 97.

She is qualified to speak on the subject, (being someone who's experienced it) and her take was damning of the GFC's pastoral care.
Yet Tim’s manager says differently as does Sam Blease who is also qualified to know

Attachments

• B0BF7613-544B-4E7D-96DC-D47C33130EB3.png
    B0BF7613-544B-4E7D-96DC-D47C33130EB3.png
    174.9 KB · Views: 70
  • 67CAB89D-B043-412B-835D-752E276CBAC4.png
    67CAB89D-B043-412B-835D-752E276CBAC4.png
    426.9 KB · Views: 64
Yet Tim’s manager says differently as does Sam Blease who is also qualified to know

Tim's manager hasn't experienced it. He has an opinion like you and I.

Geelong's pastoral care was good enough for Blease, because he didn't have 3 kids, with one having autism. So, it was good enough for him. Caitlyn pointed out that Geelong haven't resourced their program enough. Hence GFC's pastoral care is inadequate and needs attention. I hope GFC continue to turn a blind eye to this problem of theirs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It does amuse me that an opposition supporter can claim to know that Pastoral care isn’t Geelong’s strong point
Your club used to be good but in recent years, there has been a push out or disconnect with Motlop, Christenson, Varco, and now Kelly .....

I think you get the story.

Have you ever heard of the term action speak louder than words.

So what was the conversation exactly?

Adam Simpson
"Hey Tim, your life is about to change"

Gil
*With pick 19, The West Coast Eagles select Oscar Allen...*

Adam Simpson
"Haha, psych. We totally got you. We'll even string you along in next years trade period but with no intention of actually trading for you, you flog"

I have 2 sources, they can't agree if Adam Simpson called Tim a "tool" or a "flog." Either way, it's absolutely heartbreaking and incredibly unprofessional.

Tim Kelly playing high quality football again this year. Rumour is he happy with either Fremantle and West Coast this year as opposed to last year when is was Geelong or West Coast.

Shown himself to be very professional after the disappointment of not being traded last year. Geelong have the bonus of getting his performances on a low salary.

Has his value changed much if he keeps this form up?

If 2 first rounders is the asking price, I’m happy for him to go to Freo for that.

Good player, but for that asking price I would rather go for a better player in Coniglio
Depends what is meant by 2 first rounders as 2 picks in the 20s was not enough last year. I feel a single pick around 10ish will do the job.

I feel west coast do not have the picks so a player will have to be involved

Depends what is meant by 2 first rounders as 2 picks in the 20s was not enough last year. I feel a single pick around 10ish will do the job.

I feel west coast do not have the picks so a player will have to be involved
Too early to ask for 2 first round pick , players form and injuries play a part during trade period . Hogan is a great example .

He's worth a top 10 pick comfortably. And bundling up mid range picks for the draft pounts equivalent wont get it done. We'll find out how much WCE want him and whether the Kellys want to get back home or if they just really want to avoid Freo. Will be interesting.

Player such as?

Its difficult tbh but the players you might part with for e.g. coles name seems to keep getting thrown up and hes a good player but plays a position we are stacked in.

We need a quality outside mid but i doubt youd give up your top guys someone like Petrucelle might have some interest but hes dean gore steak knives value really.

We need a kpf so brander or allen and a top 20 pick would go close but i doubt youd do that.
Honestly freo have more capacity to do the deal in picks whereas i doubt you can satisfy us without players.
I think if geel and wce deal for kelly it would need to be a 3 club trade.

He's only worth West Coast's second rounds scraps. If they bundle enough of them together they are worth the same as a top 5 pick on the draft pick calculator. That's all that matters, right? :drunk:

But seriously, he's a jet. Any talk of him playing disinterested because he failed to get traded can be squashed already. Landed the 10 coaches votes in round 1 in a massive game against the Pies, and will likely pick up some more for his effort against the Dees. Easily in the discussion as an elite midfielder of the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back