List Mgmt. 2018 Draft/Trade/FA (Pt. 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry haven't really followed all the pick swaps etc..
Can you explain for me in simple terms how the suns lost out?
Yes, it goes back to last year’s West Coast pick trade where we gave them 4 x 2nd rounders to essentially move up 2 spots in this year’s Draft. One of those 2nds was this year’s pick and Sydney got it from West Coast to move ahead of us to get back into the 2nd after they traded out to avoid having to spend their 2nd round pick on Blakey. So we had to trade up because the Swans were keen on McLovin.

However, we traded the cursed 1st round pick to Brisbane and if they come anywhere short of premiers we’ve improved our position.

Source? If you read what I actually said, it was the price paid that I thought was questionable, and I did say it's better to overpay than to miss out on your man. You are easily triggered, shown by your glee at rushing to post this, as is anyone else who can't take any dissenting opinions on their podcast.
Yours wasn’t a dissenting view, it was a hatchet job. You showed your true colours and it was ugly.

My source for this is Jez McLennan in the article on afl.com

I think you should probably apologize to the podcast producer, SunnerSS, because you took a huge s**t all over his passion project. I don’t care one bit what you think of me or my commentary, but persist in slagging off the podcast and your welcome will be done.

I originally didn't have a problem with Sydney's pick swaps because they were within the rules and very clever.
However, it turned out to be the Suns who got burnt, and with our own wasted pick. Another reason to hate the West Coast pick swap! Ah well, at least the WC pick was again traded to the Lions and could become as high as number #1 next year. Should add some spice to the QClashes.
GWS - pick 19 Xavier O'Halloran another player that have families in GC happen to be GC Eagles First round pick .

Can't really blame team from Sydney picking them , if they are willing to go to GCS then there won't be issue on go home factor .

Last edited:

GWS - pick 19 Xavier O'Halloran another player that have families in GC happen to be GC Eagles First round pick .

Can't really blame team from Sydney picking them , if they are willing to go to GCS then there won't be issue on go home factor .
Maybe O’Halloran could be a trade piece if we need to do another wantaway deal.

Just saying...When are we announcing all our New Jumper numbers. Every other club can get their act together!

Maybe O’Halloran could be a trade piece if we need to do another wantaway deal.
I am satisfied with Ben king but wonder if GCS pick Caldwell instead of king, could both O’Halloran and Mclennan feel to GC .

* Hopefully Ben king stay longer than Scrimshaw.

Last edited:
Yours wasn’t a dissenting view, it was a hatchet job. You showed your true colours and it was ugly.

My source for this is Jez McLennan in the article on afl.com

I think you should probably apologize to the podcast producer, SunnerSS, because you took a huge s**t all over his passion project. I don’t care one bit what you think of me or my commentary, but persist in slagging off the podcast and your welcome will be done.

Now that you and sunner and SUNS are high profile media commentators you will have to get a few extra layers of skin.

Wow... This has disintegrated quickly. Off Season aye.

Would love to know if we sign anyone tomorrow, from tomorrow we are able to sign supplementary players. Would rather get these blokes in before Christmas so they have time to bond with the group before heading into the new year break. I'm tipping probably Freeman coming in. I know a new ruck was mooted, but I feel that may have been a little something to light the fire under certain blokes on the list.

Now that you and sunner and SUNS are high profile media commentators you will have to get a few extra layers of skin.
The thing is we aren’t high profile whatsoever and we’ve actually been very humble about what we’ve done. I don’t personally care what this arrogant nobody thinks as I know it was just his narrow minded way of trying to provoke me. But he has struck a low blow by attacking SunnerSS professionalism and hours of hard work. I suggested he apologise and he laughed it off. Nothing more to do but wait for him to either back off or watch him get more days off.

The thing is we aren’t high profile whatsoever and we’ve actually been very humble about what we’ve done. I don’t personally care what this arrogant nobody thinks as I know it was just his narrow minded way of trying to provoke me. But he has struck a low blow by attacking SunnerSS professionalism and hours of hard work. I suggested he apologise and he laughed it off. Nothing more to do but wait for him to either back off or watch him get more days off.
Leave it alone mate.
The internet is full of trolls. I think our strike rate is 1/50 so pretty good so far.
Some people wont like the quality,
The opinions or more specifically the people on the show but thats their choice.
Not many low budget podcasts can boast having notable AFL guests on the show.
I will state i have been talking to Gil McLauchlan for an apearance or statement for our show. But it has fallen on the wayside since seasons end. So still hoping for some big name guests next season.

I’m preparing you for what’s to come when you guys are the talk of the GC. With success will come a lot of criticism.

Wow... This has disintegrated quickly. Off Season aye.

Would love to know if we sign anyone tomorrow, from tomorrow we are able to sign supplementary players. Would rather get these blokes in before Christmas so they have time to bond with the group before heading into the new year break. I'm tipping probably Freeman coming in. I know a new ruck was mooted, but I feel that may have been a little something to light the fire under certain blokes on the list.

I read on twitter somewhere that Freeman is in the process of choosing a VFL club for next year after being told he won’t be picked up by any AFL clubs this season, I’m hoping it was just a junk post as I reckon he would add abit to our midfield

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I read on twitter somewhere that Freeman is in the process of choosing a VFL club for next year after being told he won’t be picked up by any AFL clubs this season, I’m hoping it was just a junk post as I reckon he would add abit to our midfield

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yup I read it too , happy that GC do their due diligence if he failed his fitness test. I don't think St Kilda would delisted him if he fitness is up to AFL stardard after spending money and Time on him .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quite a lot....any chance of us getting someone good in the PSD?
Good for NEAFL maybe not sure about AFL , players still available through SSP that could be good backup
Michael Gibbons
Marlion Pickett
Mitch Maguire

Rookie B
Dirk Koenan ..
Not sure about him , could play as overages next year for Allies U18.

Last edited:
1 senior list
1 Rookie A
1 Rookie B .

My reckoning - 1 Senior
- 2 Rookie B ? (Still think Heron is Rookie A - but may be wrong)
Senior will only be used if required - due to preseason injury to key player / or at mid year draft.
(Need to take Cameron at his word - he's been pretty straight up thru this whole process)
Unlikely that any Academy Rookie B's will be added to the list. This can still happen, but previously these additions were announced way before now.
Think the 46 that goes to New Zealand are the Suns of 2019.

My reckoning - 1 Senior
- 2 Rookie B ? (Still think Heron is Rookie A - but may be wrong)
Senior will only be used if required - due to preseason injury to key player / or at mid year draft.
(Need to take Cameron at his word - he's been pretty straight up thru this whole process)
Unlikely that any Academy Rookie B's will be added to the list. This can still happen, but previously these additions were announced way before now.
Think the 46 that goes to New Zealand are the Suns of 2019.
Nicholls staying back due to lack of fitness and professionalism :D.

For real?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not real, but letting AFL.com.au mention his unprofessionalism not in his favour imo .
Probably not as bad when he is voluntarily busting his ass with runners at 5:30 am.
He need to do it consistently not just pushing himself for few month , this could be the reason why he injured all the time .
Relax for a few month and over push his body when he need to extend his contract.
Professionalism athletes prepare themselves mentally and physically even during offseason .( US trip )

Last edited:
I’m preparing you for what’s to come when you guys are the talk of the GC. With success will come a lot of criticism.
In that case. I will repeat our invitation for you to come on to the show as a guest. It would not just be an honour, but a damn good show with your insight and humour. Consider it an open invite because through SunnerSS genius, having live guests is now a possibility, even impromptu callers. The GCSunscast is going places and contrary to the negativity it welcomes all opinions. To quote one of the ongoing topics, we are eagerly anticipating the QClashes, as discussed after the 2nd QClash this year. Thoughts, Mayor Bods?

Yes, it goes back to last year’s West Coast pick trade where we gave them 4 x 2nd rounders to essentially move up 2 spots in this year’s Draft. One of those 2nds was this year’s pick and Sydney got it from West Coast to move ahead of us to get back into the 2nd after they traded out to avoid having to spend their 2nd round pick on Blakey. So we had to trade up because the Swans were keen on McLovin.

However, we traded the cursed 1st round pick to Brisbane and if they come anywhere short of premiers we’ve improved our position.
Ok so it was more last years * up that came back to bite us, forcing us to have to spend more picks to trade up this year.
Thanks for that.
Thats pretty bad for us!

Leave it alone mate.
The internet is full of trolls. I think our strike rate is 1/50 so pretty good so far.
Some people wont like the quality,
The opinions or more specifically the people on the show but thats their choice.
Not many low budget podcasts can boast having notable AFL guests on the show.
I will state i have been talking to Gil McLauchlan for an apearance or statement for our show. But it has fallen on the wayside since seasons end. So still hoping for some big name guests next season.
We've heard a lot about Alex Rigby this off season. He would be a great get if you could get him on IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back