Player Watch Mason Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

Folks, Cox is the new Leigh Brown.
No

Cox is the first player in this role like Brown, Hale who knows how to play as a forward and is a contested mark beast. Big difference

It’s funny how so much focus has been on Cox this week (and rightly so), but we’ve barely relied on him all year to do anything other than bring the ball to ground. I don’t expect Cox to have a great game - I think the Eagles will put overtime into him - but I think we’ll see WHE/Mihocek be one of the guys to really get off the leash for the first time this finals series and kick a bag of 4+.

It’s funny how so much focus has been on Cox this week (and rightly so), but we’ve barely relied on him all year to do anything other than bring the ball to ground. I don’t expect Cox to have a great game - I think the Eagles will put overtime into him - but I think we’ll see WHE/Mihocek be one of the guys to really get off the leash for the first time this finals series and kick a bag of 4+.

This.

WHE Thomas and Stevo have been down on output for a while. We cant rely on DeGoey to do it all and we cant rely on Cox to repeat last weeks effort and we cant rely on Mihocek to chip in for a couple (although he has been consistent). We really need a lift from WHE in particular to spread the load, because spreading the load is what has got us here in the first place.

Will should set himself a personal target to aim to win or share the Gordon Coventry award. Hes only four goals behind Jordy!!!

This.

WHE Thomas and Stevo have been down on output for a while. We cant rely on DeGoey to do it all and we cant rely on Cox to repeat last weeks effort and we cant rely on Mihocek to chip in for a couple (although he has been consistent). We really need a lift from WHE in particular to spread the load, because spreading the load is what has got us here in the first place.

Will should set himself a personal target to aim to win or share the Gordon Coventry award. Hes only four goals behind Jordy!!!

I tipped this.

Just not enough ammo in our forward line to get over the line in the GF.

Cox has had a massive year and his walk up the learning curve has been fantastic. Next year his goal is to add consistency to his game. He will never be a superstar but if the opposition know he can do what he did against Richmond if left unattended, he will draw one or two of the best defenders every week.

You really don't like being challenged do you.

Pull your head in.

2nd in contested marks

Only been playing 4 years

Please tell me who's had a better season as a key forward
Oh and buddy's a flanker playing out

I'll give you 1
Jack reiwoldt

So after 4 years he's the second best performed and is crucial

Timmys Right
You know zip

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better pray we get a full season out Cox in 2019. Literally nobody else on the list who can effectively play his forward - ruck role.

And saw in the loss to WC at the MCG in July this year...just how poor our offensive capabilities are when we are with only 1 tall in our forward half.

If we take Roughead does that make Cox a full-time forward?

Certainly gives us some flexibility although I think Roughy is being looked at more as a KPD and it's rare you see them picking up 2nd ruck duties as well.

He’s a good ambassador for us.
And now our second tallest player ever (after Murphy).

And isn’t Jordy maturing before our eyes.

We’re going to kick goals next season

I wonder how much more improvement the big fella has in him? do we become satisfied with the player he currently is its a strange one due to his age and not being in the game long?

He’s a good ambassador for us.
And now our second tallest player ever (after Murphy).

And isn’t Jordy maturing before our eyes.

We’re going to kick goals next season

Only issue I have is Channel 7 posting every single tweet he puts out. You can tell people are getting sick of the over-saturation. It'll end up being that he goes from likeable to non-Pies supporters to hated through no actual fault of his own.

I wonder how much more improvement the big fella has in him? do we become satisfied with the player he currently is its a strange one due to his age and not being in the game long?

I'm hopeful there's at least 1 more upward progression left in him. I also think there'll be lessons learned from that Richmond final that will influence that.

I'm hopeful there's at least 1 more upward progression left in him. I also think there'll be lessons learned from that Richmond final that will influence that.

Players are starting to kick it where he likes it so with that you would expect more improvement

Players are starting to kick it where he likes it so with that you would expect more improvement
And when Wells kicks to him, sheer poetry.....

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back