news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, that's really odd reasoning given by Dana. He brought him in as a 19 year old who clearly wasn't ready for the UFC and when he reaches 22 and starts to look like a UFC fighter he gets let go? He looked fantastic against Ottow last time out and he's proven to be no joke at 170.

Should change his surname to Lobov.

I'm assuming it is the money. I feel like ONE will pay him big time...

He was on 80/80 in his last fight, while nothing to sneeze at, doubt the UFC wanted to give him the significant bump he could get in Asia.

Officially signed now.

Makes sense though. Better for Sage's development and bank account, and can't blame UFC either as he's probably still a bit off from troubling top contenders at the moment.

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
That bollocks in the boxing doesn’t exactly hurt my preference of mma over boxing.

Not that judging is good in this sport, it’s not as significant as it is in that game.

Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Lakers, Anaheim Ducks, LA Rams
Still a rumour but would be interesting
I think it will be great for the sport. Push up all the 125 that are good enough to challenge at 135.

Shake up 155 and 170 with the addition of 165. You end up with 155, 165 and 175 which will create a whole lot of new challengers for the weight divisions and a new champion that people will actually care about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back