List Mgmt. Nick Daicos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
How big is Nick?

He was roughly the same height as Josh when drafted at 14, the one with the watch on left.
CyG7vbXUAAA469c.jpg

This pic below is him at 14 almost his dads height taken from hs article.
2f940c117f433c24aa6dcbb53a9cd3b8

So I'd imagine has grown since then, height wont be an issue.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Be a fun watch

Stifler's mom

Premium Platinum
Jan 29, 2007
Glen Iris
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
liverpool - Walk On!
Heath Shaw and Travis. Nick Davis would have ended up a gun too had he stayed in all probability.

Odd thing is that we keep stockpiling father/sons, but most are moderate players.
Nick Davis, just the mention of his name hurts. If he had have had a heart and a work ethic, he would have stayed at the Pies and been as good as Buckley. He was a freak talent.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
His uncle is my mechanic.

I asked him straight up, "I know both boys are good, but which one is better, Josh or Nick?"

"Nick"

Good enough for me.

His uncle probably knows about as much as we do

Until Nick actually plays in the Under18 pathway we have no idea how good he'll be.

DWil6

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 13, 2007
Rowville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle Premier League
His uncle probably knows about as much as we do

Until Nick actually plays in the Under18 pathway we have no idea how good he'll be.

And even then players can be great at u18 and not develop. Ultimately you won’t know how good a player can be until they have played at the highest level for multiple years. But it’s still good seeing positive things written about players by those that have seen them play at junior level.

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
The combination of talent and work ethic is not always seen in f/s - haven't had to fight as hard for recognition in junior sides?

Father/coaching makes things come far too easy ?

Who knows but think of all the great players over the years and how few sons actually make it.

domin8tors

Club Legend
Jun 23, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Heath Shaw and Travis. Nick Davis would have ended up a gun too had he stayed in all probability.

Odd thing is that we keep stockpiling father/sons, but most are moderate players.
I don't mind stock piling. in the sense that i'd rather take the punt on them rather then come back and bite us. the most recent two are Stewart from Ess and Kelly Adel. which could really help us at both ends.

Frank Gallagher

Diamond Encrusted Unobtainium Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
The combination of talent and work ethic is not always seen in f/s - haven't had to fight as hard for recognition in junior sides?

Father/coaching makes things come far too easy ?

Who knows but think of all the great players over the years and how few sons actually make it.
Peter ran around the house kicking toilet rolls and rolled up socks, anything that resembled a football he'd play with, Nick probably spent most of his time on an ipad (like most kids).

Peter made it because of his brilliance, he wasn't an athletic freak like Gary senior.

Buckleys_Chance

Team Captain
Sep 24, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
The game is changing so quickly that most of the 1990 grand final team wouldn't have the aerobic ability to match it with our current list. The benefit of father son comes from having priority and the ability to train them in our Peter Daicos academy. Any comparison of blood lines is unfair because Josh probably would have run rings around most of the 1990 squad with his aerobic ability.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

And even then players can be great at u18 and not develop. Ultimately you won’t know how good a player can be until they have played at the highest level for multiple years. But it’s still good seeing positive things written about players by those that have seen them play at junior level.
I don’t think we will know anything until 2030.
By then there will be exhibition games on Mars & pie will cost a $1000

zorbadunde

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Guys just calm down regarding nick. He will be just fine as long as he keeps the work up. Have been following his development since the early days
( u13’s ) and he’s never had it easy as some have suggested. He’s always played up an age group and still excelled.

He’s being played out of his regular position at school and they’re testing him in different roles to help with his development. As I’ve told everyone I’ve talked to, Collingwood will need all the points they can for his draft year. A very special talent, providing he keeps on the same trend as currently showing.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
As I’ve told everyone I’ve talked to, Collingwood will need all the points they can for his draft year.
So we’ll match using pick 18 or whatever that pick blows out to... :D
But will KM match the bid on his draft board :D

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
This might be the most unnecessary post but...
For those to young for Peter Daicos and his sublime talent and play....

Think Cyril Rioli magic goals but only much better.
Think Daren Jarman skill either side of the body but only much better.
Think Daniel Wells skill but only much better.
Think Phil Carman electricity but only much more disciplined and much more level headed and a much longer career....

So if Nick can be less than his dad but still darn good I’d happily take a Rioli or Jarman for a lengthy career.

But no pressure son, none at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back