The most annoying thing said about your club?

Remove this Banner Ad

That Geelong only win so many games because of our home ground advantage at GMHBA Stadium.

We mostly play lowly teams there. I think if we played the same teams at the MCG or Marvel Stadium, we would still beat them regardless.

Also, we beat teams like Hawthorn and Collingwood at the MCG.

The spitting thing.

It was one campaigner, and it's dubious that he was even a Richmond supporter.

Ha, I can tell you definitively that he wasn’t a Richmond member, nor was he even a Richmond supporter. Won’t elaborate on which state or club the young bloke supported as I don’t want to trigger that little spat.

Last edited:
tarps is annoying when used by victorian bogans because literally every single vic club has gone through (or is still going through) extended patches where they fill literally half the stadium at best. difference is they weren't controlled by a shithole governing body looking to embarrass them with such a stunt. every time 'the big four' host anyone who isn't 'the big four' they could tarp a whole ring of the ground and still have seats left over and that's gone on for longer than Port went through it in the twilight years of AAMI

Last edited:
Sometimes people annoy me when they keep telling me our supporter base is too attractive.

In fariness, you can be the 75th best player in the country and be considered elite. Meanwhile, often the best tennis player in the country is considered a spud.
The Tennis player who is the best in the country, shouldn’t be known as a spud. In fact I have never heard of a Tennis player being referred to as a spud.

You give me one

flat track bullies
Cant play in Melbourne
Midfield is no good.

But the one by Mike Sheehan..2006 is tainted.

I see people on drugs every day for a job and hes so factually incorrect. It kills your recovery and sleep....it affects your brain and coordination

Wce with judd kerr cuz, embley braun stenglien would have won 3 or 4 if players were looking after themselves better..sleeping and so on. Biggest.load of crap I've ever read in my life...

Funny how people say your flag was tainted.

Yet most rock musicians and Hollywood actors are on drugs, and yet somehow their performances aren't tainted.

Microwaving our memberships when Richmond hits a bad patch.

I have never and will never microwave my membership, whether we’re sitting top of the ladder or bottom, my membership is sacred thank you very much!

I heard that if one microwaves a plastic membership card, it sets off an almighty bad smell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting fact, though OT.

Wayne Knight, who played Newman in "Seinfeld" and was part of that second spitter scene, was in the movie "JFK" and was used in the same scene when Kevin Costner is explaining in the movie the "second shooter" theory and demonstrates the trajectory of the bullet, using Knight and another person in the demonstration.

It’s hard to judge but drugs affect your sleep...coordination...thinking ....

There’s so many things they do to your body and mind that simply do not enhance performance

We’ll never know but mike Sheehan saying the flag is tainted is stupid

Just as an add on ...cousins never failed a drug test.....amazing hey .....he was the most tested player ....

He would use I suspect Sunday nights ....nbe clean by Tuesday or Wednesday I think .....

Or used masking agents .....or he substituted his own urine at tests .....which is hard to do because they stand right behind you ...but not impossible

It's hard to judge but drugs affect your sleep...coordination...thinking...

....or it helps you make a No.1 album, like "Dark Side Of The Moon", "Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" or anything produced by David Bowie.

Apparently Eddie is the only biased commentator going around. Yet he doesn't even do pies games.

Then you have good old Lingy having a toss on the boundary line over Geelong when they play and trying to touch Dangers bum when he goes near him to collect the ball

Bruce tries to touch every players' bums.

Every year since 2010, people say the same thing about Geelong: "well, they're going to fall this year. They'll miss the eight".

You get a little over it after a while, especially when they've only been correct once

Our own supporters say that more than anyone else, though.

Funny how people say your flag was tainted.

Yet most rock musicians and Hollywood actors are on drugs, and yet somehow their performances aren't tainted.

What? There's no laws saying you can't play music on drugs lol!

Have low expectations of media and fans that think the media define what is going on. So nothing really surprises me. Water off ducks back really. Do not get too annoyed, frustrated at time but not expect much said to be accurate when with reporters got 17 other clubs they can barrack for bias against going to be the norm. Only really care what going on with the game itself and my club. Use your own discretion and you find what is closer to truth and lot of stuff said is not going to be accurate. Opinions and speculation is to be expected. Accuracy and unbiased views not to be expected.

- Carlton saying we play "bruise-free footy" back in 2011. Like to be fair that wasn't even us at our worst.
- Jeff Kennett calling us a "VFL at best side" & that we "hadn't been competitive for 20 years" in 2015. Then again I take everything that parasite says with a grain of salt due to how rubbish of a premier he was and what he did to healthcare, education, etc in Victoria.
- Last but not least, just the general way we get talked about by sports media, commentators, etc as recent as 2018. We could go 22-0 and I think they'd still be critical. When we win there doesn't seem to be enough praise and when we lose we get roasted.

2006 tainted by recreational drugs
1992/94 on the juice
2018 easy year, didn't have to beat Richmond (again)

Etc. Every premiership is knocked down a few pegs for one reason or another, but I'd still rather we win a flag that Dan26 is going to rate only the 83rd best of all time than not win said flag.

Also it annoys me when people say that our supporters are rabid morons. They are, but it's not like fans at every other ground around the country sit there and golf clap during games. I switch on the telly for a game at the MCG or Adelaide Oval and all you can hear through the effects mic is 'booooo' 'balllll' 'yesss' yet people lose their s**t like it's some WA phenomenon that skipped over Freo. Cool.

Not too phased by the flat track bully, can't win away stuff. When we weren't quite good enough our record was iffy but this year we improved and were undefeated in Melbourne, at the MCG and against the top 4. Can't do much more than that. People were still parroting it this year but that's just lazy reporting. 2011 and 2015 (our last two top 4 finishes) we weren't the best side. Geelong/Collingwood were a fair way ahead and then Hawthorn were 2/3 into a 3peat. This year was more even and we were genuinely a top 2 side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back