Worst afl player you've seen (and why)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just picked him for the lulz tbh

Though I did watch a Western Bulldogs vs Carlton game live at Etihad this year and he was comfortably worst on ground.
He’s a potato getting games based on surname.

Premiership player 1984, 1985
E. J. Whitten medal winner 1986
All-Australian selection 1986
Victorian representative 1985, 1986, 1987

Not a superstar by any means, but no chance does Walshy deserve a mention in the worst player thread.

I am no Essendon fan but having him here is a disgrace.

Was a very very good player, held down key defence in dual premierships.

I’m going to add Damien Cupido’s name to this thread seeing as he played 53 games. Probably the worst player I have seen due to the utter waste of talent. Someone like Zac Dawson is a better player because he played a role and got the most out of his talent. However, if you’re one of the most talented players going around and you barely play a single good game yet keep getting played in the hope that you’ll finally ‘get it’, then you deserve the moniker of ‘worst player seen’.

Hard to pick just one

Matthew Capuano
Glenn Gorman
Ben Wilson
Paul Sharkey
Stuart Anderson
James Cook

Two premiership players in that list.

Matthew Capuano played in both North 90s flags, in what was a very very strong team.

Had a horrific run with injury over his career and was treated shabbily by what is and always has been the least professional club in St Kilda.

As a young player before the injuries cooked him, Capuano played absolute top shelf footy in a top shelf side.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and presume you didn't see him play apart from maybe that last year at St Kilda when he was shot through with injury.

But on form,he was a brilliant tap ruck who had neat disposal and got around the ground very well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Michael Voss

Couldn’t kick, couldn’t stick a tackle, slow, butter hands couldn’t mark, couldn’t even handball effectively to a teammate a metre away.

I know it’s been said... but every other player who’s ever played league footy is ten times the footballer that Izzy Folau was. He would’ve battled at local level.

Yep, hard to argue with this. Folau should not have been out there.

I remember watching very early Majak Daw play in the twos against Matthew Kreuzer who was coming back from injury. Kreuzer gave him an object lesson in footy that day, as you'd expect from pick 1 against a rookie literally learning the game. But even then Majak was thrown forward and took a few grabs and kicked a goal. That was in the twos though.

Folau was WORSE than that, at a higher level, and had no redeeming ability. He was just shocking. His athleticism got him to contests but he just had no impact. In fact having no impact was the best possible result for his team, usually he got in his teammate's way, or actively advantaged the opposition.

But really, should he be considered for comparison against the Cain Acklands of the world? Ackland was a full time professional footballer.

Folau was a promotional event. They could have had the mascot, or a fan who won a competition, out there.

Jason Costagna to make Socrates2 salty
Tom Murphy absolute potato that just leaked goals.
Sam Gilbert turn over merchant
Jason Daniels & Mathew Young see Sam Gilbert
Jed Lamb turned from potential to scrapper to delisted over night

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

You don't rate the Chad?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
He's a bit younger than i thought but he got traded because he doesn't show much of an interest in football in general apparantly and didn't get along.Warren Tredrea has told all about Chad Wingard's departure from Port Adelaide, believing Port Adelaide leaders were "sick of him (and) sick of his attitude".

Maynard butchered the last 2 minutes of grand final and is battling to retain his spot this year.
Id tell you Jason Montagna sucked in the preliminary, but did he even play?

Jason Bazinga sucks at footy and this thread confirms!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back