Toast Welcome to the kennel Rhylee West

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I don't think he plays as an inside mid as his numbers at junior level were not that flash, however he has the tools
to be a good small forward while he builds his endurance. Has a bit of campaigner about him which is good, but
initially small forward light mid-rotation. Welcome Rhylee hope you can up the kicking efficiency to above 53 %
as there is more pressure at AFL level. Another handball club member, excellent.

Depends what your definition of dickhead is tbh. Would love a Toby Greene // Jack Viney // Mitch Robinson dickhead type on our list. They're good for footy imo. Nothing wrong with a bit of cheek and attitude on and off the field.
Newbie Smith might fill the bill also, there seems something about him that oppo fans will hate :)

_M_16_

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liv FC, LA Rams, Pitt Pen, Michigan
lol, it was told to me when you compare Rhylee at the age his twin brothers are at now, they are tracking better.

Doesn't mean anything one bit. The Parish brothers were considered locally to be better footballers than their next older brother at the same stage of their careers. Cassidy ended up stagnating and not being drafted at all despite being a ball magnet for the Falcons.

Oct 12, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Depends what your definition of dickhead is tbh. Would love a Toby Greene // Jack Viney // Mitch Robinson dickhead type on our list. They're good for footy imo. Nothing wrong with a bit of cheek and attitude on and off the field.
Disagree I'd hate Greene to be at our club despite his talents. Libba shows how to be a respectable onfield campaigner. Bont and Macrae do it brilliantly too (although have size on their side these days too) - they never look up pleading or carry on they just smash on fair and square (Dahl did too).

6E1F9A92-58D3-41FA-BAE1-C00600AC2616.jpeg

RedWhite&Blue

Premiership Player
Jul 21, 2005
Vic
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Still got some baby fat around those cheeks. He'll turn into this soon enough:

b2ab18419935674a17b3621c9c0328fd
I miss Scott West.
I stumbled upon this video on the Tigers website.
Its the last quarter of the Tigers v Dogs in 2001 - it's on the Tigers website so they obviously get up in a thriller.
Even though we lose it's worth a look as all the big Bulldogs names from that era are playing.
One player that stands out is Westy - I forgot how good he was by foot - never misses a target.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2018-08-24/classic-quarters-western-bulldogs-r17-2001

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Not a fan of overseas teams.....
Doesn't mean anything one bit. The Parish brothers were considered locally to be better footballers than their next older brother at the same stage of their careers. Cassidy ended up stagnating and not being drafted at all despite being a ball magnet for the Falcons.
I didn't say it means they will be better :huh: said they are tracking better at the same age when Rhylee was that age. Still better then saying they are looking hopeless at the same age so it looks bleak.

_M_16_

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liv FC, LA Rams, Pitt Pen, Michigan
I didn't say it means they will be better :huh: said they are tracking better at the same age when Rhylee was that age. Still better then saying they are looking hopeless at the same age so it looks bleak.
Dude, I wasn't having a go at you or saying you're wrong. Just merely stated, that whilst one should be excited about that prospect of the younger brothers being better, one should also keep expectations in check because a lot can change in one season, like what happened with the Parish brothers. Save for the future let downs ;)

RedWhite&Blue

Premiership Player
Jul 21, 2005
Vic
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Dude, I wasn't having a go at you or saying you're wrong. Just merely stated, that whilst one should be excited about that prospect of the younger brothers being better, one should also keep expectations in check because a lot can change in one season, like what happened with the Parish brothers. Save for the future let downs ;)
Nah, stuff that... Lets get some unrealistic expectations happening over the twins... they'll be the savior just like Ayce was!

What a great day Sunday will be when Rhylee makes his debut for the Seniors. Seeing the sons of players that I loved play for us in past days really means a lot to me. I hope Rhylee has a successful career as a Bulldog and will be able to experience a Premiership, something which sadly evaded his father. When Scott was given the #7 jumper in 1995, I was furious. How dare they give him #7! That was Douggy's number. No one else deserved it. Boy, was I wrong. It was a pleasure to watch Scott over the years, a loyal Son of the 'Scray, a champion player.

May Rhylee make his dad's first number,#14, as famous as the great John Schultz did. Here's to Rhylee. :beermug:

Last edited:
I miss Scott West.
I stumbled upon this video on the Tigers website.
Its the last quarter of the Tigers v Dogs in 2001 - it's on the Tigers website so they obviously get up in a thriller.
Even though we lose it's worth a look as all the big Bulldogs names from that era are playing.
One player that stands out is Westy - I forgot how good he was by foot - never misses a target.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2018-08-24/classic-quarters-western-bulldogs-r17-2001

West should have got a Brownlow that yeAr instead of woewodin.

Back