How Crow Can You Go? An Adelaide Football Club Saga

Where will Adelaide finish?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
an audacious, provocative move, ct....will be interesting to see aph's take on it when she returns from her church street braarton cafe....

With the Gucci designer handbag housing 4 solid circa 1900 radiant stove top irons to beat you with ……

Radalaide to finish 9th

Jul 12, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, 49ers, Braves
Being an Adelaide ex-pat I could go in deep here with my thoughts. But I'm happy to watch another season of there's crash and burn...and for more reasons then I've held previously obviously due to our draft positioning now.
No doubt I will be in this thread a bit over the next year.
To those nuffy crows supporters who have it in for Carlton...you know who you are...read and weep!
Go Blues!!!

Alphonse_

Matching On Together
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Is it wrong of me to hope The Crows do well in 2019, mostly to try and help Taylor Walker and Rory Sloane deal with their soul destroying losses (the tragic deaths of their babies). Can't really imagine the world of hurt Tex, Rory and their partners are going through tbh.

Personally i am putting more faith and energy in us rising next year than The Crows falling. I think we will shock many people in the footy community (including some fellow Blues Brothers and Sisters) as to how well we will fare in 2019.

Alphonse_

Matching On Together
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Have to take exception to a post by a Crows fan on the Drafts and Trading board, who said Mileria will end up as a better player than Charlie Curnow.

Hope most of The Crows supporters on this forum don't think like that galoot. :)

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Is it wrong of me to hope The Crows do well in 2019, mostly to try and help Taylor Walker and Rory Sloane deal with their soul destroying losses (the tragic deaths of their babies). Can't really imagine the world of hurt Tex, Rory and their partners are going through tbh.

Personally i am putting more faith and energy in us rising next year than The Crows falling. I think we will shock many people in the footy community (including some fellow Blues Brothers and Sisters) as to how well we will fare in 2019.
Dunno, I really can't see their footy ever making up for such a horrible thing. But that's just me. So nuts to them and I hope they finish last!

Alphonse_

Matching On Together
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Dunno, I really can't see their footy ever making up for such a horrible thing. But that's just me. So nuts to them and I hope they finish last!

Fair call. In my opinion though, footy can be a focus for grieving people to help get through their pain (least in the short term)

Dislike Alastair Clarkson and all he stands for, but really respected the way he and the Hawthorn footy club consoled Ratts after the tragic death of Cooper (his speech in the winning 2015 GF dais was all class).

BTW in the very slim chance we finish above Adelaide next season, do the Crows have the right to refuse the pick swap, or could we trade for a later first round pick and give them that in exchange ?

I am very intrigued by the scenario if we finished ahead of The Crows and the possible repercussions (from an AFC point of view).

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys
Have to take exception to a post by a Crows fan on the Drafts and Trading board, who said Mileria will end up as a better player than Charlie Curnow.

Hope most of The Crows supporters on this forum don't think like that galoot. :)
They are self entitled ....wits and deserve everything we fire at them.

Alphonse_

Matching On Together
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Second year for me, hoping they and the dogs did poorly this year due to us receiving their second rounders....

Remember that time we traded 2 early 2 round picks to The Dogs for that 1st rnd pick which we used on Charlie Curnow ?

It just goes to show that generally quality is better than quantity with regards to draft picks.

Think The Dogs are good chances to finish bottom 6 (possibly 4) so that pick is looking sweet.

Most of SOS's trades, esp with pick swapping, is done with the long game projection (short term pain for long term gain)

Thrilled with the list he is building, quite frankly. The pay off is going to be one helluva ride :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back