Moved Thread Kayo Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

signed up, but question. Netflix plays at 1080p no worries, does kayo top out at 720p? I see no option for 1080p. Went the 35 sub thinking it would offer higher resolutions. If 720p is the highest resolution, I'll uinsubscribe. Using pc browser, does that make a difference? edit..not getting 7.5 mbs, normally 9 so I assume when it gets to that 1080p will be an option.
edit edit changed my adsl profile and I am now getting 14Mbs as per speedtest, still no 1080p option.

disregard post lol..was watching AFL replay and it is only broadcast 720p..went NBA and 1080p was selected in Auto..

Last edited:

If Telstra offer unmetered data it’s a no brainer really. If not, it’s a bit of a 50/50 call. If I’m on the home wifi I can usually find the sports I want with free online streams anyway, so would only be interested in paying if you could watch on the go without chewing up a couple of gbs a day.. They already do it with AFL and NRL live passes and I understand there’s quite a bit more on offer here but I think I would be prepared to pay a bit extra for it. Also think they’re almost forced to at least consider it given they’re advertising it as being “on the go”. Don’t think there would be to many people around prepared to pay the $25 a month plus the extra 50gb worth of data on top.

If Telstra offer unmetered data it’s a no brainer really. If not, it’s a bit of a 50/50 call. If I’m on the home wifi I can usually find the sports I want with free online streams anyway, so would only be interested in paying if you could watch on the go without chewing up a couple of gbs a day.. They already do it with AFL and NRL live passes and I understand there’s quite a bit more on offer here but I think I would be prepared to pay a bit extra for it. Also think they’re almost forced to at least consider it given they’re advertising it as being “on the go”. Don’t think there would be to many people around prepared to pay the $25 a month plus the extra 50gb worth of data on top.

The AFL and NRL live passes from Telstra can come with unmetered all they want, they are pure garbage. No Chromecast option to stream to the TV and can't use full screen mode on a tablet so it's minimised to the corner. It should be considered a joke option.

just spent a lazy Friday watching 2 NBA games and now watching Swans v WC 07..25 bucks is pretty reasonable if I have a few more days like this.

Unlimited data is $99 with Telstra.

for those that are wondering..i hour of 1080p is about 3GB. I only have 250 GB (Netflix and Steam free) so that about 8 hours a day for a month.

I'll stick to Foxtel Sports for the moment while they iron out all the initial difficulties of increased demand.

Also, with my internet, direct cable is far more reliable than a streaming service. I have constant HD without issues, rain, hail or shine. I dont want to be watching a game one day and miss 20 minutes because my internet dropped out a couple of times during the stream.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Started trial yesterday. Mainly interested in footy and cricket and sometimes big UFC fights so for $25 a month, unless something turns me off in next 13 days, no reason I would not pay $25 a month to keep using it. Getting the Fox footy and Cricket channels is 95% of what I would use it for and would never subscribe to foxtel again. Did that once in early 2000's but only ever really wanted sports stuff and a sports dedicated stream suits my wants quite well. At moment though only doing it on PC. Could not find app for PC so just watching directly from kayo site itself. Watched a bit of cricket shows and afl draft stuff so far.

Signed up for the trial yesterday & still unable to get it working on a windows 10 pc with either chrome or firefox (IE not supported apparently), keep getting a message 'an error has occurred while playing this video, try again later' when trying to play any content, live or replay. Waiting on support, anyone had similar issues?

Just in case anyone is interested I had to upgrade to the latest win10 version which is 1809 & it now works fine with Chrome, with Firefox I get video freezing while the audio is fine & Microsoft Edge is mostly working ok but I did lose audio while watching a replay so there are some bugs that need sorting out.

But provided it gets through the weekend working well with Chrome, I'm happy enough to cancel my Foxtel on Monday & save the $40+ pm, this is what I've been after for years, & if they can get a xbox one app out in the near future that'd be great, waiting to hear back from them about that.

Last edited:
The Cricket Australia app just asked for a Kayo Sports log in to watch the WBBL match, I wonder whether the AFL app will too?

No buffering issue with Cricket Australia app, about 5 secs behind live TV coverage. On the same TV box having chronic buffering issues trying to watch through Opera browser. So, not surprisingly for a streaming service, the quality varies greatly depending on device and app used for viewing.

I've cancelled Foxtel Now and am going with Kayo Sports.

I can currently only see AFL games back to August.

No buffering issue with Cricket Australia app, about 5 secs behind live TV coverage. On the same TV box having chronic buffering issues trying to watch through Opera browser. So, not surprisingly for a streaming service, the quality varies greatly depending on device and app used for viewing.

I've cancelled Foxtel Now and am going with Kayo Sports.

I can currently only see AFL games back to August.

Yeah it's not working well on my pc if I am using the net or especially visiting BF (BF website really is a hog POS but thats a discussion for another thread), just surfing results in chronic buffering. Got it running via wifi on an old laptop connected to my tv & its working fine so as far as windows goes, Kayo definitely doest want to share bandwidth on the same device.

You're a horribly judgmental person and should be ashamed of yourself.

I have a very decent corporate job and can comfortably afford it, does not mean I think it represents good value.

In the mean time take a look at yourself in the mirror
Yer I thought it was a pathetic response as well. Sounded like he wanted to come across witty and edgy. Embarrassing stuff.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have been very happy with it so far. Streamed through my Android phone to Foxtel Now box's inbuilt chromecast. Definitely been 1080p with no buffering.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back