Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liv FC, LA Rams, Pitt Pen, Michigan
Why isnt the draft before pre season?

Wouldn't it make sense to draft them and get them training on the first day?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Missing a couple of weeks preseason will barely have much an impact in the long run. They just do some running and kicking early on, stuff that's easy to get up to scratch with.

And because the draftees have exams on, which take priority to football at that stage. They don't need distractions during this period, hence the draft is post exam period.

Missing a couple of weeks preseason will barely have much an impact in the long run. They just do some running and kicking early on, stuff that's easy to get up to scratch with.

And because the draftees have exams on, which take priority to football at that stage. They don't need distractions during this period, hence the draft is post exam period.

Schoolies more important

gordo2016

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
Footscray, Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I thought Picko was meant to be on no-contact?

291118JOng.jpg
It could be a promising sign mate.

Doggiesfan14

Team Captain
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
IMG_5825.PNG
IMG_5826.jpg

Anyone know who the bloke with the blonde hair is? Doesn't quite look like Bailey Smith but I'm guessing it is?

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, Melbourne City
Anyone know who the bloke with the blonde hair is? Doesn't quite look like Bailey Smith but I'm guessing it is?
Doesn't look like Bailey Smith. We have an open rookie list spot still so could be anyone who is keen to be taken by us as our last rookie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
View attachment 591651 Judging by his story we had draft hopeful Darcy Cassar of the Jets training with us today, however he has dreadlocks so that definitley isn’t him in the photo. Does show that the dogs are having some potential draftees train with them though
Draft hopeful this year with our rookie pick or draft hopeful for next year (like all clubs do for a couple of weeks)

I quite like the idea of having a couple of these kids train with us for a week or two before we decide on the final rookie.

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
3 years ago we had Brayden Sier, Luke Goetz and someone else train with us just before the draft. Collingwood got Sier before we could so we took Goetz:(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back