Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

10 - Frang.jpg

Contract Status: Out of contract 2022
Injury Status: n/a

My Boy Draft 2022: Pick 29, Mr Bultitude

Last edited by a moderator:

Madog69

Draftee
Nov 27, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Hey guys been a lurker for a while now,
A port fan on YouTube does great highlight Vids and was kind enough to put one together of franga when I asked.

Can't imagine how many times I'm gonna watch this over preseason

Enjoy guys!!

Ty Beach is very impressed with this young Rockstar. He offered me any three of Brisbane's new young guns including Rainer, Berry and some shmooly they got from Freo. I said "You watched the vision, sorry son, no deal!!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 23, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Ty Beach is very impressed with this young Rockstar. He offered me any three of Brisbane's new young guns including Rainer, Berry and some shmooly they got from Freo. I said "You watched the vision, sorry son, no deal!!"
If that's referring to Lauchie Neale you'd have to think about it. He's a genuine gun with plenty of good footy left in him. But Frang has that much natural talent and he has now shown in his limited games he could be anything. Essendon need to sign him up quick smart.

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Hey guys been a lurker for a while now,
A port fan on YouTube does great highlight Vids and was kind enough to put one together of franga when I asked.

Can't imagine how many times I'm gonna watch this over preseason

Enjoy guys!!

I’ve watched this a few times now. I love how he keeps going for the all or nothing kicks through the corridor. If there is anyone in our squad trying them I want it to be him, he is only going to get better. It’s so impressive how often he is the man in front in defence, he almost makes it look like he is the man the opposition player is trying to hit up every time.

Unrelated but another standout in the Richmond game is how often Jack Riewoldt will throw his arms up looking for a free kick every time he is outmarked. I admire him as a footballer but by gee, he is an ordinary bloke at best.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
The idea of him playing midfield pleases me greatly. I picture the scenario in a Grand final with the game on the line, Oliver, Viney and Brayshaw are standing on one side of the contest and Heppell, Shiel and Smith are on the other. Replace Smith with Francis and I’m a lot more confident about winning that clearance.

I still don't get the suspension, textbook perfect bump
As always with the AFL it's not about the rules. It's about the 'optics' or 'the vibe' if you will. These things in turn are dictated by 'the meedja'.

akiva

Team Captain
Aug 8, 2013
Israel
AFL Club
Essendon
Champion Data has revealed the Essendon defender has the best relative rating — a metric that compares all players of the same age who play the same position — of any player under 23 in the competition.

Francis performed a staggering 76 per cent above expectation compared to other 21-year-old key defenders in 2018.

Indeed, his performances were so stellar Champion Data has rated Francis as the best relative rated player in the AFL, leading the likes of Collingwood ruckman Brodie Grundy (+74%) and Brownlow Medallist Patrick Dangerfield (+72%).
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/ex...3/news-story/d1ae71a8b8ca64ea9391b31d71536506

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
Just to add to the universal hype of this thread, Crowe named him as one of the players that had improved significantly in terms of fitness during today's time trials. Obviously a great sign for him when endurance is really the only thing about him that is holding him back from being elite.

Apr 6, 2008
coburg
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Australian cricket team
Just to add to the universal hype of this thread, Crowe named him as one of the players that had improved significantly in terms of fitness during today's time trials. Obviously a great sign for him when endurance is really the only thing about him that is holding him back from being elite.

Why are you doing this to me? The first game is nearly 4 months away.

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
Id be sticking him across half back, taking the shortest and or 3rd best forward and just play off him all day. That is his role. Will be a champion.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Id be sticking him across half back, taking the shortest and or 3rd best forward and just play off him all day. That is his role. Will be a champion.

I think he’s a Hurley kind of personality; tell him who his man is and watch him completely dominate them and hurt them the other way. Look at what he was able to do to Jack Reiwoldt after only a few AFL games.

By 25 he’s going to be a weapon.

Back