Past #37: Kyron Hayden - delisted end '22 - 12 NM games/ 0 NM goals - thanks Ronny

Remove this Banner Ad

Based on this year's debut season, he is an excellent young footballer. More or less pushed Harry Taylor out of his favoured CHB position and if he continues in the same vein, he will have a very good career.
Not aimed at you Horace but I always hear how many champions Geelong has.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure I was up with the draft this year, but bloody glad this kids back. Hope he gets the chance to show his class this season, with an injury free run. Looks like he's pretty trim at the moment, but read he's running with the rehab. group.

Welcome back Kyron.
The club believes there’s something there to work with. Has a lot of upside.

Hopefully his body stays together and he can build over the offseason and look to dominate in the VFL and hope to push for senior selection.

Competition for spots will be unlike what we have seen in previous years.

Hope this kid can make it.
Can’t wait till next year.

Wonder if we took him back just because we had to contractually or whether we believe that he warrants a list spot after having him in our system for 12 months

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kyron the “ Hydron Collider “ Hayden ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if we took him back just because we had to contractually or whether we believe that he warrants a list spot after having him in our system for 12 months

Yeah I did wonder whether we would have left him delisted if he didn't have a contract.

Yeah I did wonder whether we would have left him delisted if he didn't have a contract.
Yeah I've been wondering if the recent phone calls I've been receiving from an Automated Voice telling me I've committed a "Tax Fraud" and that a "Lawsuit" had been filed against is something to be concerned about. Supposedly all I need to do is ring this Automated Voice on the same number they've just ring me on and it will all be "sorted". :stern look

Yeah I've been wondering if the recent phone calls I've been receiving from an Automated Voice telling me I've committed a "Tax Fraud" and that a "Lawsuit" had been filed against is something to be concerned about. Supposedly all I need to do is ring this Automated Voice on the same number they've just ring me on and it will all be "sorted". :stern look

You’ve been getting those calls too?

Pick 62: Kyron Hayden
Faces a make-or-break 2019 after being delisted and demoted to the rookie list. Shoulder surgery delayed the start of the big-bodied West Australian's career at Arden St, but he rebounded to play 14 VFL games and showed glimpses of his potential as an inside and outside midfielder. However, if Hayden is to extend his career beyond next season he needs to take a more dedicated approach to his football.

- Nick Bowen

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-12-01/2017-draft-revisited-how-have-your-clubs-players-fared-

Would think coming from Bowen that this is strong inside mail.

Would think coming from Bowen that this is strong inside mail.
Yeah there is no doubt we weren't 100% happy with his season. We could have easily kept him on the senior list too and gone with say Joel Crocker on the rookie list instead, or even just have less rookies. But we chose not to. We wanted him on the rookie list.

Yeah there is no doubt we weren't 100% happy with his season. We could have easily kept him on the senior list too and gone with say Joel Crocker on the rookie list instead, or even just have less rookies. But we chose not to. We wanted him on the rookie list.
Anything more specific?

How would you interpret our actions? If we were happy with his season he would have been retained on the senior list.

No?
I'm not questioning that. I'm wondering if there is more information as to his lack of dedication. Diet? Training? Injury rehabilitation? Seems a bit odd, given the independent work he did to recover, pre-draft.

How would you interpret our actions? If we were happy with his season he would have been retained on the senior list.

No?
Have no info on whether or not we were happy with his season.

The way I interpreted it at first glance was that we needed or wanted an extra primary list spot based on information we had surrounding the draft, and Kyron was seen as one of the least likely on the primary list to play a game next year based on a ) form b ) strength of his preferred position and ability to cover it with other players b ) other factors known to the club.
Meaning he was the least required on the main to play immediately without being a rookie upgrade.

So we moved him onto the rookie list while paying him the wage he was already receiving. And if he is required we will elevate him using the LTI rule.

Could be that we weren't happy with him, but just another possibility as I saw it

I'm not questioning that. I'm wondering if there is more information as to his lack of dedication. Diet? Training? Injury rehabilitation? Seems a bit odd, given the independent work he did to recover, pre-draft.
No I'm just reading the tea leaves. No sauce with my tea.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back