Past #37: Kyron Hayden - delisted end '22 - 12 NM games/ 0 NM goals - thanks Ronny

Remove this Banner Ad

Have no info on whether or not we were happy with his season.

The way I interpreted it at first glance was that we needed or wanted an extra primary list spot based on information we had surrounding the draft, and Kyron was seen as one of the least likely on the primary list to play a game next year based on a ) form b ) strength of his preferred position and ability to cover it with other players b ) other factors known to the club.
Meaning he was the least required on the main to play immediately without being a rookie upgrade.

So we moved him onto the rookie list while paying him the wage he was already receiving. And if he is required we will elevate him using the LTI rule.

Could be that we weren't happy with him, but just another possibility as I saw it
The way the rookie list works these days is you don't need to be elevated anymore to play AFL. So he is there because we want him to be, I can't really see any other explanation.

The way the rookie list works these days is you don't need to be elevated anymore to play AFL. So he is there because we want him to be, I can't really see any other explanation.
That still only removes the elevation side of the argument though, still freed up a main list spot

That still only removes the elevation side of the argument though, still freed up a main list spot
We don't have 40 players on the senior list, we passed on our last picks (or was it last 2?), so as I said before, we could have then put him back on the senior list if we wanted to. After he fulfilled the purpose of freeing up the necessary list spot. We chose not to.

We don't have 40 players on the senior list, we passed on our last picks (or was it last 2?), so as I said before, we could have then put him back on the senior list if we wanted to. After he fulfilled the purpose of freeing up the necessary list spot. We chose not to.
Did Kyron nominate for the main draft? or does nominating for the rookie draft immediately make you eligible for the main draft?

Yep I will post them as soon as he finishes.
From what I have been told he is in the rehab group, hip recovery, so doubt he would have been doing the 2km or yoyo.
His end of year evaluation sounds positive and the few times I saw him, he definitely shows promise. Yep he needed to work on his fitness, but I'm pretty sure the club knows how far back he's come from because of injury. Lazy? Surprises me, I was around Subiaco during his time of rehab from OP and that kid did his best to get back on the park, and the work he did on his upper body when he wasn't able to do anything below the waist was huge. I still can't nail what's gone on, but it'll be good reading if it comes out.

From what I have been told he is in the rehab group, hip recovery, so doubt he would have been doing the 2km or yoyo.
His end of year evaluation sounds positive and the few times I saw him, he definitely shows promise. Yep he needed to work on his fitness, but I'm pretty sure the club knows how far back he's come from because of injury. Lazy? Surprises me, I was around Subiaco during his time of rehab from OP and that kid did his best to get back on the park, and the work he did on his upper body when he wasn't able to do anything below the waist was huge. I still can't nail what's gone on, but it'll be good reading if it comes out.

The draft hype about him was on the work he did to develop his core strength and how that contributed to beating NicNat's record.

If that's true (and why wouldn't it be?) then I doubt lack of effort is the issue.

The draft hype about him was on the work he did to develop his core strength and how that contributed to beating NicNat's record.

If that's true (and why wouldn't it be?) then I doubt lack of effort is the issue.
Off season this year he was back at the gym and on the park a few of the locals reckon. Only seen photos, but he looks to have lost a fare bit of weight. He's explosive of the mark and will put his body in there, so pre- season will be interesting, especially if he has a point to prove.

It was a case of activating pick 58 so ensure we had enough points. Which worked great considering we moved it to the Loins for a future 4th when the bid for Scott came in a lot later than expected.

Hayden was the most likely for us to retain and/or the most expendable on the list. If it was the latter then there maybe something in what Nick said.

It was a case of activating pick 58 so ensure we had enough points. Which worked great considering we moved it to the Loins for a future 4th when the bid for Scott came in a lot later than expected.

Hayden was the most likely for us to retain and/or the most expendable on the list. If it was the latter then there maybe something in what Nick said.

Most likely to retain and if contractual ($$$) obligations come into play delisting a player in contract and seeing him picked up elsewhere before our pick, most likely most affordable to "lose".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if we took him back just because we had to contractually or whether we believe that he warrants a list spot after having him in our system for 12 months

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

From what Cam Joyce said at the time of delisting, seemed purely tactical to enable us to maximize opportunities at the draft and have a fall back plan depending on where picks fell for Tarryn and Bailey once they'd decided to take Crock as well. Seemed like they were looking for another player (Taylor), so seemed to me a purely tactical move with Joyce saying nothing changes for Kyron, he is contracted he will move to the Rookie list.

Not a great interview I would have thought. I would have expected some insight on what he's been through with delisting and being picked up again as a rookie.

Was kind of the elephant in the room.

If it was a tactical decision based on him being at the bottom of the pecking order then its probably been forgotten or become meaningless already.

Not quite into full training yet, has been managing a lower back and hip issues.

Putting in a lot of work to try shed a few kegs so he can increase his running capacity.

Just gotta get fitter.

I'll be happy if he's playing full time onball in the VFL by the end of the year.

Just gotta get fitter.

I'll be happy if he's playing full time onball in the VFL by the end of the year.
Looked to be managing ok in the Whistleblower vid. He needs to work on his running start but his top end speed was always great, seen him run down some seriously fast blokes. He's got a good footy brain, something a lot of players don't have. Hopefully a full pre-season will set him up for the year he's a gun when he gets going.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back