Opinion 2019 lineup

Remove this Banner Ad

Which is why it was a stupid comparison with Gowers.

Not nearly as stupid as claiming a player that hasn’t been good enough for an AFL gig the last two years being a better option than any of our forwards. Including Gowers, who’s kicked more than double the goals during the last season than Lloyd has the last two seasons ;)

Ahahhahahahahaha

Of course a guy that couldn’t get a game in a premiership and prelim team has no chance of getting a game in a bottom 6 team that has a forward line that would struggle to beat Deer Park

Honestly some of the dribble in here is hilarious

Not nearly as stupid as claiming a player that hasn’t been good enough for an AFL gig the last two years being a better option than any of our forwards. Including Gowers, who’s kicked more than double the goals during the last season than Lloyd has the last two seasons ;)
Where have we been the last two seasons, and where has Richmond been? Probably a bit harder to get a gig in a top of the table team compared to one sitting well outside the 8 who also has a shambles of a forward line. Pretty terrible comparison.

1. It’s ‘drivel’, not ‘dribble’.
2. Starting every post with hysterical laughter states less about the contest of the post and more of the psychotic reading it.

Haahahahhaah

I love it when people try to be clever and just prove how irrelevant they are.

It’s “content” and you just called yourself psychotic, seeing you are the reader not the writer :)

Nice try though keep up the good work.

Not nearly as stupid as claiming a player that hasn’t been good enough for an AFL gig the last two years being a better option than any of our forwards.
Good thing I didn't say that then.
Including Gowers, who’s kicked more than double the goals during the last season than Lloyd has the last two seasons ;)
Doubling down on the stupid comparison, again.

No, Matt, it’s ‘contest’. As in the argument that is being made.

I’ve got to say, I do love how you rant about ‘relevance’ as though it’s something everyone craves. You’re the one picking fights on here every day. If that’s relevance then I don’t want it.
Nah you meant "content"

Nah you meant "content"

Lol it’s hilarious isn’t it

I’ve hardly been on for weeks, this irrelevant continues to post against me and I have ignored him but couldnt let that one slide.

I’m also irrelevant in his words but he continues to post against me lol

And then cannot even admit an error a 5 year old could see. Contest doesn’t even make a lucid sentence but that doesn’t surprise me.

I’m off to have another so called rant.

Have a great night Captain

Lol it’s hilarious isn’t it

I’ve hardly been on for weeks, this irrelevant continues to post against me and I have ignored him but couldnt let that one slide.

I’m also irrelevant in his words but he continues to post against me lol

And then cannot even admit an error a 5 year old could see. Contest doesn’t even make a lucid sentence but that doesn’t surprise me.

I’m off to have another so called rant.

Have a great night Captain
Well you're a pain in the ass too MD but I think I've gotten used to you at this point. Stockholm Syndrome perhaps.

But yeah he definitely meant to say content.

Where have we been the last two seasons, and where has Richmond been? Probably a bit harder to get a gig in a top of the table team compared to one sitting well outside the 8 who also has a shambles of a forward line. Pretty terrible comparison.

Couldn’t be any more irrelevant. Richmond’s fwd line is full of of small to mid sized pressure players who lack quiet a bit of natural footballing ability. As a fwd line they function really well. As individual players they aren’t a decent fwds a-hole and Suggesting Lloyd being on Richmond’s list automatically has him higher in the pecking order at other clubs is real knuckle head stuff and tells me some on here have never actually played the game/ been involved at any level or their eyes are painted on to their face.

Going by your and others logic, Hamling, Roberts and Co were the best defenders in the comp come Rd1 2017 and Cordy was the best CHF.

The reality is that Lloyd hasn’t had a decent season as an AFL standard fwd since 2016 and during that season he was playing good football in the biggest rabble of a team.

So, for me, those barring up over Lloyds “A Grade” ability being a saviour in our fwd line screams desperation or absolute stupidity.

Like I’ve said I’d take proven recent AFL form in Gowers and co or the unknown potential in Dale, Greene and co long before Lloyd and if we want to jerk off over previous form, I’d take Dickson long before too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Loyd hasn’t had a good season since 2016 BUT Dickson will come back and save us???????

Older and more broken than a cheap Chinese watch and has had 1.75 good years in a total career.

On this logic Gowers is a better goal kicker than Tom Lynch because he has a shite 2018.

So Loyd hasn’t had a good season since 2016 BUT Dickson will come back and save us???????

Older and more broken than a cheap Chinese watch and has had 1.75 good years in a total career.

On this logic Gowers is a better goal kicker than Tom Lynch because he has a shite 2018.

Thanks for proving my point, Matt.

Our forward line has indeed been poor.
Poor coaching ,poor delivery or the personnel.l dont know.
But l believe with Gowers ,Schache,Greene,
Question mark Boyd , and now a crumber in Cavarra , its about to change.
Whether Loyd or Dickson will have an impact , or even Picken we will have to wait and see.
I just know at least the club is trying to rectify the problem.At long last being pro active and just hope ,with coaching to match.

After three long slow months of that snooze fest called cricket :eek:
If only humans could hibernate likes bears could.

Well Ch7 are making it easier for everyone to forget that there's a cricket season, don't show the limited over and national T20 games yet live telecast of the womens T20 state games where there were more players at the ground than people watching it.

As much as the temptation is to pick our shiny new toys, I’m going with the established players. Yeah, everyone screams “ they weren’t good enough for last 2 years” to which I respond ......
A. Rarely if ever has this 22 all been fit and available
B. Many have been played out of best position filling gaps
C. A couple of last years new toys are now realistic options
D. Create a culture of EARNING a spot on the team.

And we know the reality of football is “best 22” are rarely seen together due to injury and form.

The back 6 almost picks itself. Jj is the connundrum. I’d like to see him as a freer agent on the wing. So Duryea, Daniel, Williams or Richards may slot in there.

Morris. Cordy. Wood
Crozier. Naughton. Johannisen

It’s Timmy time ! Hard nuts in the guts, accumulators on the outside and plenty of options to rotate through.

Hunter. Dunkley Macrae
English. Williams. Liberaratore

The most contentious 6 pack of the team. I wanted marking power, athleticism, pressure appliers and providing both danger and X factor. This 6 gives me all of that.

Suckling Bontempelli Richards.
Schache Boyd. Maclean

Versatility was the key factor for the bench. These guys have more than one string in their bow.

Trengove. Wallis. Daniel. Gowers

Lewis Young is on of the stiffest. Break out year coming up. Schache and Boyd under the pump to deliver as I reckon he’s a natural KPF. Adequate back up for our KPD’s too.
Bailey Dale can silence his critics if he can earn an early spot then nail it. Nobody doubts his talent. Intensity is his Achilles heel
Picken is best 22. IF he plays, and IF he can get through a few VFL games he becomes another available upgrade.
Lloyd & Duryea. Not getting carried away with new toy syndrome. Earn your spot please lads
Lynch, Lipinski & Greene. Great potential seen in 2018. Three more of many on the cusp of best 22
Dickson. I’m going the new breed. Like Picko, Dickson is a bonus if he gets back to near best form and stays fit.
West & B.Smith need to earn places to. No gifts !

The rest of the lads can look forward to a successful VFL year, well, at least until the injury curse rears it’s fat ugly head again.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back