Welcome 2018 draft pick 52: Welcome to Hawthorn Jacob Koschitzke

Remove this Banner Ad

These draft predictors watch players live and via video, have access to stats etc, but they don't interview players like the clubs do. IMHO the clubs doing better in draft selections are the ones that ask the best questions, questions that relate to likelihood of football success. That's why I take all of these draft predictors as an assessment of athletic/football ability, but not fitness for an AFL job. I've got a contact inside one AFL club who doesn't have a great draft record and the questions they ask, at best, are humerous. At worst it is sad that they still haven't figured out that the interviews are not for building rapport or being funny, they are to figure out whether this guy is going to make it in your club's environment. If not, they can be the best player in the draft and you still shouldn't draft them. The fact that we rated Koschitzke tells me that we think he'll thrive in our environment more so than other players available...
I remember with Brad Hill he was told by North, you won't be able to play AFL for 3 years.

Hawthorn asked, how do you think you will go in the beep test tomorrow?

Hill: I will break the draft record, then he did.

Also on Hill many clubs were turned off by his low stats but we saw that he was in the right spot but he was not getting kicked to or his teammates would miss kick.

So our 2019 picks are untouched except we traded a third rounder (WB?) for Pies 4th round?
We traded our future 4th for pick 63 and Collingwoods future 5th, we still have Port Adelaide third round selection. We traded our future third for Scrimshaw and Gold Coast 4th round which we then ontraded to GWS for Scully.

We have our first and second, Port Adelaide's Third Round and Collingwood's future 5th round. We no longer have a 4th round selection.

Last edited:
We traded our future 4th for pick 63 and Collingwoods future 5th, we still have Port Adelaide third round selection. We traded our future third for Scrimshaw and Gold Coast 4th round which we then ontraded to GWS for Scully.

We have our first and second, Port Adelaide's Third Round and Collingwood's future 5th round. We no longer have a 4th round selection.

:( - the fourth round is where we shine!

139506121007533268547174.jpg

Yep, I concur.

Who told you this?
Which part? Kosi's high footy IQ has been commented on by various people related to the draft, Kevin Sheehan, Cal Twomey, Michael Ablett. In regards to Lisle, I had heard a couple of whispers from people inside the club who were there when he was. Why do you want to know?

:( - the fourth round is where we shine!
Don't despair, there's still another trade period before the 2019 draft plus we can trade right up to and including on draft day/night*

Disclaimer
*assumes the $&#@heads at the AFL don't change the rules again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oppo recruiter told me they had him in the 20s in their talent order. Very nice.

Maybe I'm tired but that doesn't quite add up, does it not?

We were the very last club to enter the National Draft (pick 52).. every other club had an opportunity to take him, at least twice, before our pick, right?

edit: Beandip beat me to it.

We were the very last club to enter the National Draft (pick 52).. every other club had an opportunity to take him, at least twice, before our pick, right?

It does not every club would of rated that high but past the top 30 players can be rated significantly different from one club to another, how many rated Mozzie in the top 40? Apparently we didn't have in the top 70 or we would of matched. Which ever club it was might of just had a player that also slipped that they rated higher when it was their turn.

Brisbane rated Worpel in the top 30 last year for example.

It does add up. Their top 20 players may not have all been selected in the top 50 players in the draft, not to mention that the club would have only had 2-4 picks in that time so still not necessarily reach their 20th fave player of the draft.

He needs to spend his time with Darren Glass.

This, Glass was the best pure defender of his era - no one better to learn off. Scarlett got more plaudits but only because he was more attacking.

I know this is a pipe dream, but the club should get Lake in to practice bodywork and positioning with him.

This, Glass was the best pure defender of his era - no one better to learn off. Scarlett got more plaudits but only because he was more attacking.

I know this is a pipe dream, but the club should get Lake in to practice bodywork and positioning with him.
Never seen anyone more comfortable under the high ball than Brizer! Get him to the club to teach kosi and brand how to read the high ball and position yourself by using your thighs and hips to protect the drop zone of the ball. Brilliant footballer was the Brizer. Brilliant!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back