Multiplat Red Dead 2 Online Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

d2hcffpyuk121.jpg

Buy a shotgun and be a campaigner

Probably spent 3 hours laying people out non stop with a mate today

They'll need to change a lot if they want it to last anywhere near as long as GTAO did.

Definitely. Though the group I was running with is the same as our GTAO group and we appreciated the more chilled atmosphere of RDO. I’m sure the economy will sort itself out once the full thing drops (hopefully). With GTAO though the payoff was vehicles, upgrades, weapons, real estate and customisation. So much of that isn’t possible with RDO so it will be interesting to see what the plan is.

Definitely. Though the group I was running with is the same as our GTAO group and we appreciated the more chilled atmosphere of RDO. I’m sure the economy will sort itself out once the full thing drops (hopefully). With GTAO though the payoff was vehicles, upgrades, weapons, real estate and customisation. So much of that isn’t possible with RDO so it will be interesting to see what the plan is.

Vehicles = Horses/Wagons, Weapons = Weapons, Real Estate = Camps, Customization = Outfits, haircuts.

It's all there but it's so very barebones in terms of the variety of items.

Vehicles = Horses/Wagons, Weapons = Weapons, Real Estate = Camps, Customization = Outfits, haircuts.

It's all there but it's so very barebones in terms of the variety of items.

It’s there but it’s still going to be somewhat limited in comparison considering the setting. I’m not going to paint my horse bright colours and add nos to it. The beta is so bare though so I’ll wait to pass my full judgement on it. I just hope that’s soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I read today that there could be a reset for all your stats and levels after the Beta is finished.

The plan is not to but there is a chance it could happen. I think they're reserving the option in case the game gets broken by any exploits or they want to tune the game significantly different.

Just played a mission which took me to 75%. Tough mission but we only had 3 players. It was very awesome though because....

I got to dress up like Ned Kelly! They even made a reference to it being Australian too.

Also unlocked the Varmint which should help.

Have played Online for a few weeks now, and pretty much done with it. It's practically dead, boring, missions too repetitive, the main missions rarely show up, and when they do its normally one you have already passed, so pretty much the main story online will take forever to complete. Given surely the Red Dead online maps don't require as much server power as GTA 5 online does, given so much more was happening on the GTA maps. Map is surely more than big enough to hold more than 100 people. Whatever the current limit it, everyone is spread so far and thin you barely encounter one another. Need more mission types, more people, more fun things to do. Heck give us multiple trains like single player, I want to see crashes, derailments, be able to rob people like true wild west style. Currently the game is to dead quiet and missions repetitive for my liking. Red Dead 2 story and game play beats GTA5, but GTA5 online smashes Red Dead Online.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back