Rumour Eagles after Jordan Clark in 2019

Rockford

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 22, 2006
Halls Head
AFL Club
Geelong
While this thread is clearly a piss take I would love to see the mental gymnastics of the Geelong fans if it were true.

I imagine a pick 15 with a year of development at Geelong would be worth a top 5 pick regardless of output.

That’s some imagination. What would pick 15 be worth with a year of development, playing every game and finishing runner up in the B&F? Using your imagination, of course.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
That’s some imagination. What would pick 15 be worth with a year of development, playing every game and finishing runner up in the B&F? Using your imagination, of course.

An 18 year old pick 15 as described would be highly sought after. You'd get a pick inside 15 in a trade easily, unless the suiting club had 16-18 in which case some sort of combo would be on offer.

Geelong fans seem to think Tim Kelly is worth a top 10 pick (he isn't) and Jarrod Brander isn't worth that much because despite being pick 13 and 18 years old he hasn't shown anything at AFL level. You'd want to hope that if Clark requests a trade to WA at some stage he has performed to a high standard at AFL level...

Will someone of authority divvy this s**t. _Mike_

Its not a rumour... its a Tim Kelly troll thread not even disguised as anything else.

GO Catters

Read today how Geelong rang five times to speak with Clark in the days leading up to the draft to reconfirm he was ok to relocate away from WA.:D

Wanted to be sure he didn't have a wife with kids, girlfriend expecting twins in the new year. Stuff like that!!

At least Wells has learned something!!:straining:

Probably learnt to check with West Australian talent to ensure they weren't made promises by the Eagles that they had no intention of keeping before drafting, only for the Eagles to attempt to poach them 12 months after being drafted.

Rockford

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 22, 2006
Halls Head
AFL Club
Geelong
An 18 year old pick 15 as described would be highly sought after. You'd get a pick inside 15 in a trade easily, unless the suiting club had 16-18 in which case some sort of combo would be on offer.

Geelong fans seem to think Tim Kelly is worth a top 10 pick (he isn't) and Jarrod Brander isn't worth that much because despite being pick 13 and 18 years old he hasn't shown anything at AFL level. You'd want to hope that if Clark requests a trade to WA at some stage he has performed to a high standard at AFL level...

Kids and their imaginations these days :D Some people say kids’ imaginations are being limited now due to an increased exposure to technology. I offer the quoted post here as evidence to the contrary.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Probably learnt to check with West Australian talent to ensure they weren't made promises by the Eagles that they had no intention of keeping before drafting, only for the Eagles to attempt to poach them 12 months after being drafted.

OK:thumbsu:

I do like your style I must say

images

At least this thread is very tongue in cheek, the other TK thread has got malicious ( some posters need a Bex and a lay down )..

The TK threads have been malicious since March this year lol. Just cyclical with the same arguments over and over again. I half wanted him gone just so big footy could settle down
Oh I think it'll be great to watch the same five or six er.. lets call them "invested posters"... argue back and forward for another 12 months. Who knows what facts, rumours and scandals they'll uncover in the Tim Kelly saga in that time?

Nov 24, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong

Why not? Because you say so?

May 1, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Apparently Geelong knew he had 17 kids back home, but are refusing to fly down his girlfriends entire high school graduation class of 2018 every weekend to support her. She is holding a presser at 2pm today.

Hope she's posting about it on Facebook to make sure she gets her point across too! :thumbsu: :drunk:

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
While this thread is clearly a piss take I would love to see the mental gymnastics of the Geelong fans if it were true.

I imagine a pick 15 with a year of development at Geelong would be worth a top 5 pick regardless of output.

Luckily he clearly stated he wanted out of WA.

WillieNillie

All Australian
Mar 31, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Oscar Brownless has also requested a trade to Eagles ive heard as well. He has concerns about long term cultural issues at the club and what it will mean for him post career. Those close to him have expressed concern that if he stays at Geelong he will turn into a fat unfunny flog who cant satisfy his wife

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Lions after jarrod cameron in 2019

Heard it here first. Lions have monitored him in his draft year only to be beaten to the punch by the Eagles. Cameron already not happy at the Eagles and looking to join his big bro in Brisbane. Apparently not interested in going going to the Gold Coast.
:moustache:

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
:cool: Expecting we'll be able to pick the yes out if the WA clubs when word gets around from our WA crew how good life is at the Giants.

Rockford

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 22, 2006
Halls Head
AFL Club
Geelong
Oscar Brownless has also requested a trade to Eagles ive heard as well. He has concerns about long term cultural issues at the club and what it will mean for him post career. Those close to him have expressed concern that if he stays at Geelong he will turn into a fat unfunny flog who cant satisfy his wife

And then with that pick we can draft Mainwaring, win/win.

yup.. more TK posts on a 3:1 ratio in a Jordan Clark thread. Makes sense.

Go Catters

Back