Boxing Jeff Horn vs Anthony Mundine @ Suncorp Stadium on Friday, November 30, 2018

Who wins?

• Draw / No Contest

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I want a Danny Green vs Paul Briggs Rematch on the Undercard!!1!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
5B74DB7E-F5E4-46BC-804D-4F5E88E65F2D.jpeg

Agreed, many people put their hard earned on him and he went down like a bitch. Flogs even demanding their money back now saying he took a dive. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Jul 28, 2012
Melbourne, the lost City.
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
QPR, Buffalo Bills
Why are people complaining about the quick end result? Mundine is 43, he had lost three of his past five fights and has not been a real contender for almost six years. Horn was always going to knock his block off....Horn was offered the money and took it knowing it will be an easy pay day.

darko

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You can see a fly land where the Horn punch landed, after the punch the fly flew away!

Serious though i've only seen the knockout twice and it looked pretty suss to me, but happy to admit i'm no expert in the boxing field.

Was rocked already and only needed a grazing blow. You can also see Mundine's eyes roll when he was on the floor. He was in lala land.

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
Mundine in his prime was easily a better more skilled fighter

Well we know the result now , and Mundine was never ever a world class fighter, what happened wasn't unexpected, Anthony was good at the bulldust promotion stuff and made some money for some hacks, but he could not stand with the main men in world class , either could Danny.

Nah, don't bring up his one rounder over Mr America who was already finished. Another main event foxtel money scrounging side show.

I read this morning where a journo talked about how Anthony gee'd up his fights to get disliked by people, well he has been disliked but this Journo Used the name Ali in the same paragraph, as Ali also was not liked in the promotional world of mouthing off.
Anthony Mundine might have made some money by being a mouth ,.
But the real mouth proved his massive spectacular reputation as the greatest heavyweight that ever lived, by winning and beating the best, remember Manila, the mighty Smokin Joe , as those two men nearly killed each other ,but gave the world a fight to watch, courage , stamina and super sonic skills neither gave an inch , each took a flogging from the other, we forget some of the great fights when the ring was king and one champion ruled.
Anthony Mundine I would put as a middle of the road fellow, who is probably not in the same class as his hard hitting Friday night opponent, can you imagine Mundine fighting someone like Kostya Tsu, or Rocky Mattioli.
Tony M, was a good fighter until he stepped up to the likes of Benny Briscoe and Carlos Monzon, but he also succumbed to a lethal punch from a journeyman , a TV ringsider named Kahu Mahanga.

We have some work to do in Australian boxing, to get it up again and we have one genuine fighter at the moment, Jeff Horn.
I'd like to see boxing get some dignity back, and kill off this cage abomination.

But all the best to Anthony Mundine , he sure tried , I hope his future is good, I believe he is a good fellow privately, so no malice intended here, but he should have retired earlier. Lucky he didn't get really hurt .

U w***er...
Mundine is the w***er. The amount of s**t he talks about people, grabbing Horn by the throat like that, disrespecting Australia etc, flog brought it all on himself. :)

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I have been surprised by the anti-Mundine sentiment of people I know in real life over the past two days.

People I used to respect, I now see differently.

How dumb do you have to be to not realise that Mundine intentionally plays the heel i.e. 'bad guy'?

The dude just pocketed millions of dollars from his cut of the haters tuning in on Friday, and is an Australian champ in TWO sports.

Anybody who hates on him is a moron. Period.

Maybe Horn deserved the throat grab.
Yet you were crying like a sook over a few words McGregor said to Khebab. :rolleyes:
How did Mundine disrespect the name of a country? "He disrespected Australia".
Yep. Won’t acknowledge the flag, anthem or government yet still lives in Australia.
Disrespectful pig also think the western world deserves all the terror attacks it gets.
Was waving his tongue out and blowing kisses at Danny Greens wife towards the end of their first fight.
Guy is a fair dinkum w***er.

Hopefully he tries his luck in the UK. He won’t get any respect in the states imo.
True. They're all too bias to think or do research for themselves.
I'd be happy with a UK fight. Kell Brook or Khan would be alright. I'd back him in for Khan. In US anyone in the top 10 of the rankings in jnr middle Ish.

Back