MMA-UFC UFC Fight Night / UFC on Fox Events

Remove this Banner Ad

Story of the night... Most of the aussies were on top at some point

Tuivasa just wanted that finish, didn't consider what would happen if JDS didn't drop. Shame for Pedro too, he looked pretty good till the ankle went. Both done by experience really, hopefully both take some lessons out of the fights.

Disappointing loss for Tuivasa but he went from fighting no names to former UFC heavyweight champs in a flash. Hopefully he can learn from those experiences and build on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahhhh no, no they do not. Especially if it’s not Olympic (judo and wrestling get 2/5 of f all)

They really should, a lot more growth and potential financial return in MMA than most track sports. For such a short time in the sport, small population and lack of historical martial arts the representation we have is pretty impressive. The government would be wise to invest.

They really should, a lot more growth and potential financial return in MMA than most track sports. For such a short time in the sport, small population and lack of historical martial arts the representation we have is pretty impressive. The government would be wise to invest.

I would tend to agree but sadly doubt it will amount to much.

I do wonder if Pedro’s gonna get another shot, he hasn’t looked the best and losing to an out of prime Shogun isn’t a good look.

Ankle injury turned the fight though was all over Shogun before that though. Started in the second round and the commentators didn’t notice it until the third.

A lot of the ''Australian" fighters seem to be adopted from overseas. NZ has a better showing but they all seem to train here so they call them Australian.

Ankle injury turned the fight though was all over Shogun before that though. Started in the second round and the commentators didn’t notice it until the third.

Pedro nearly had him but I didn’t see the lead up to why his leg gave way. It was a slug festival until that moment .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

A lot of the ''Australian" fighters seem to be adopted from overseas. NZ has a better showing but they all seem to train here so they call them Australian.

Not a surprise considering our lack of history in combat sports outside of a few great boxers and a multitude of sports competing with it. Give the people resources and we’ll be up there soon punching out of our division as we are with track sports.

Robbie really got it crossover appeal, before that we had G Sot and not a lot else.

It’s not even in its infancy here, it’s newborn.

I think from a suitability point of view it suits the Polynesian and Island Guys, they are built for explosive power sports, if somewhere like NZ or Tonga had a good base wrestling program I’d be tipping those guys to own it the way the Brazilians did for so long.

It’ll be interesting to see. Lost 3 of his last 4 so the next is a must win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back