News Xavier Duursma departs for Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

I've picked up that Duursma, Lukosius, Jye Caldwell, Ian Hill, and Tarryn Thomas got drafted from that Schools u/15 all Oz team posted above. Have to check some of the late draftees and rookie draft to see if any of the 17 other players got drafted.

I've picked up that Duursma, Lukosius, Jye Caldwell, Ian Hill, and Tarryn Thomas got drafted from that Schools u/15 all Oz team posted above. Have to check some of the late draftees and rookie draft to see if any of the 17 other players got drafted.

Walker to Hawthorn too and, as Tor said, Crocker (F/S Norf) and Bytel to STK.

Good size and an above average athlete. I'm sure with experience and the right coaching his kicking skills and decision making ability will improve rapidly. Looks like he needs to add about 10-15kg to his frame but that will happen with time. I'm happy with the pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably an unpopular opinion but I reckon he shirked a bunch of contests and chose not to contest a fair few times when he should have. Maybe the coaches said take it easier after his first go at it.

Probably an unpopular opinion but I reckon he shirked a bunch of contests and chose not to contest a fair few times when he should have. Maybe the coaches said take it easier after his first go at it.
Yep imo confidence was shot post his shank kick early
needs to learn the skill of not letting a bad kick turn into a bad game

Yeah no doubting it but post it he was scared shitless
I reckon "scared shitless" is somewhat of a hyperbole! I remeber some really good stuff from him throughout the game. So I dont doubt his courage based on what he has previously shown. Lost confidence from a shanked kick, as suggested? I cant see that affecting his attack on the ball, but a request by the coaches to pull his head in, is def on the cards. What he did with that first mark has a high % of risk to cause serious injury. Too early in his career for him to do that, and also the match was not important enough.

Adelaide legend Mark Ricciuto says Port Adelaide’s deal to flip Chad Wingard to Hawthorn is already looking a winner.

The Power received Ryan Burton and Pick 15 as part of the Wingard trade, using that draft pick to select Xavier Duursma.

Against North Melbourne, both Burton and Duursma — but particularly the latter — impressed.

Duursma collected 24 touches and had four inside-50s and 11 marks, while Burton had 16 touches and four marks as Port Adelaide defeated the Kangaroos 19.9.123 to 16.6.102.

“Talking about Xavier Duursma. Port Adelaide got Duursma and Burton for Wingard,” Ricciuto said on Fox Footy.

“Now if Duursma turns into a handy player - which he looks like he’s going to be a very good player that’ll end up going through the wing and midfield – now that is a great deal for Port Adelaide.

“We know Hawthorn were desperate to get some goalkicking power and that’s why they went for Wingard. “But I tell you what – Duursma and Burton for Wingard, I think Port are winning that deal at this stage.”

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/pick-18-xavier-duursma.1209200/page-8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back