Opposition players you like or respect?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
So who do you really like or respect from opposition teams?

And why?

For me one is Bontempelli from the Dogs. - good fair player who is consistent. Doesnt get caught up in the niggle or sledging.

Pendlebury is another for similar reasons.

Also like Majak Daw as he can take a big mark, is a beast and came from a non traditional AFL background.

Last edited:
For me it's Nathan Jones.

It goes back to round 22 2015 and round 1 2016. We lost both games and went in strong favourites against a Demons side that wasn't rated. He dominated inside around the clearances on both games.

Maybe just a very tough mid showing the advantage of maturity over mostly talented youngsters, but he seemed the driving force in both those wins for the Demons.

I was relieved in 2017 that it was his first game back after a long injury lay-off.

Last edited:

Robby Grey

Gun player. Upstanding citizen. Great clubman. Wasn’t drafted as a top pick, so showed he could realy work at it and show resilience.

Will go down as Port Adelaide best player ever
;)Big call on best player ever surely, otherwise fair enough. I'm no Port fan but I'm old enough to remember Russell Ebert and Craig Bradley for starters. I'm sure Port fans could go further.

Robby Grey

Gun player. Upstanding citizen. Great clubman. Wasn’t drafted as a top pick, so showed he could realy work at it and show resilience.

Will go down as Port Adelaide best player ever

+1 this. Honestly think if he hadn't had injury problems in his career and played for a Victorian team could've been as good as GAJ

I have so many

Kennedy (WCE) - just gets the job done without any wank affair that comes with so many great FFs
Franklin - simply amazing
Nathan Jones - just hard at it without ducking bullshit
McGovern and Rance - just dominate at CHB
GAblett - obviously off the boil now but gave a decade of excitement

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nathan Jones. Stuck with Melbourne through all sorts of crap. Yes he'd have been paid well but, as we've seen with Gold Coast, that's not enough to keep most players around through the bad times if they can go elsewhere. That sort of loyalty is rare in the era of free agency.

Always loved Matthew Lappin - always got the job done against bigger players.

Nick Reidwoldt - hard to not respect him

Joel Bowden - was a great leader

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Priddis, saw the Brownlow medalist in him years before he won it.

Ablett, Kennedy (wce)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back