Remove this Banner Ad

Have probably only watched 25-30 games but the ones I have enjoyed most so far:

Gawn
McGovern
De Gooey
Grey
Rioli (hawks)
Daniher

Also, I don’t consider that I have latched onto one particular team, so I guess technically none of these players are opposition at this point.

+1 this. Honestly think if he hadn't had injury problems in his career and played for a Victorian team could've been as good as GAJ

So if he played for as Vic team would it have made him magically a better player or would he be perceived by the dullard parochial press and by extension the dullard Victorian public in general to be better?

I respect almost all AFL players. They're courageous, tough and most play the game in good spirit.

I really admire the way Jeremy McGovern goes about it. If I could pick any player I'd like to play the same as, it'd be him.

Hard to look past guys like Dangerfield, Fyfe, Sloane & Cal Ward either.
I think every man with an average rig wishes they were Gov.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Respected Pav back in the day.

These days.
Pendles
Buddy
Burgoyne
Dusty.

Ollie Wines
P. Cripps
Nathan Jones
Jack Viney
Josh Kennedy times 2

Jack Viney I would love in my team. Hard and fearless.

Absolutely no self preservation.

Remember reading some mums wouldnt let their sons play against Viney in juniors because he went in too hard. Wonder if that is true or an urban legend!:think:

in no particular order:

Kade Simpson
Nathan Jones
Nic Natanui
Charlie Curnow
Jarrod Harbrow
Neville Jetta
Brodie Grundy
Nat Fyfe
Ben Brown
Jack Riewoldt
Jack Steven
Jarryn Geary
Lachie Hunter
Caleb Daniel
Easton Wood
Marcus Bontempelli

So if he played for as Vic team would it have made him magically a better player or would he be perceived by the dullard parochial press and by extension the dullard Victorian public in general to be better?

The second one. When I first wrote that it had read "been rated as high as GAJ". I agree it is no secret the press don't give interstate players the respect they deserve.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back