2018 US Midterm Elections - DEMOCRATS WIN HOUSE, REPUBLICANS RETAIN SENATE

Remove this Banner Ad

He looks like he's doing a lot of good s**t to me. Or at least makes it look that way

If he ends up dismantling their healthcare though he'll be their worst president since Nixon. The public would be smart to get rid of him before he does that

Gee the Democrats are slow learners. Just watched a report that the front runners for Presidential campaign are Sanders, Biden and O'Rouke.

Surely Biden and Sanders are not serious contenders. O'Rouke did well but fell short, can he convince enough voters that he is the man? Not so sure.

Gee the Democrats are slow learners. Just watched a report that the front runners for Presidential campaign are Sanders, Biden and O'Rouke.

Surely Biden and Sanders are not serious contenders. O'Rouke did well but fell short, can he convince enough voters that he is the man? Not so sure.
I remain worried that they haven't learn anything since 2016

Who would you have as a frontrunner?

Who would you have as a frontrunner?
Good question, not sure who is running and haven't seen the full list.

Previously I would have though Warren but she has damaged herself with the help of Trump and her native background. I have liked what Kamala Harris says when she speaks but not sure she has the support.

Whoever it is certainly has to start being out there to raise their profile, like O'Rourke is doing.

Whoever runs shouldn't get involved in the mud slinging with Trump though, Stick to policies and unifying the American public.

Do you have any preference?

But surely beliefs have to translate into policy. Otherwise, what's the point?
Beliefs get filtered through the party machine into policy. But the getting policy through falls back on beliefs (how hard will the member fight for that policy)

Good question, not sure who is running and haven't seen the full list.

Previously I would have though Warren but she has damaged herself with the help of Trump and her native background. I have liked what Kamala Harris says when she speaks but not sure she has the support.

Whoever it is certainly has to start being out there to raise their profile, like O'Rourke is doing.

Whoever runs shouldn't get involved in the mud slinging with Trump though, Stick to policies and unifying the American public.

Do you have any preference?
Not sure no one stands out for me yet. But Im a foriegner with a different perspective to the voting public.

My biggest preference is for someone that is going to make spreading western democratic and liberal values throughout the world a priority as these are seriously being undermined at the moment with the rise of China and Russia and the implications of a return to world authoritarianism and a breakdown of the UN are truly terrifying. Unfortunately no candidate is going to run a campaign on this. So its hard to know where each candidate stands on this at this point.

On the domestic front I would hope that someone actually wants to really fix the problem of money in politics. Most problems would disappear if this was fixed. This would be a huge winner with the electorate too but unfortunately all realistic candidates need money from corporates. I liked that Sanders really seemed to care about this last time and despite the fact I very much disagree with his economic views I would support him if I thought he would try to fix the money in politics problem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back