Traded 2018 Live Trade: Carlton trade #4 (2019) to Adelaide for #19 (2018) and #9 (2019)

Surely you are not willing to place a wager of us finishing bottom 2? Or perhaps WC missing the 8? You would be brave ;)
Betting agencies have West Coast making the finals... so more likely than Champion Data having them 11th.

Imo, Carlton likely to be bottom 4, with reasonable chance bottom 2.

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Betting agencies have West Coast making the finals... so more likely than Champion Data having them 11th.

Imo, Carlton likely to be bottom 4, with reasonable chance bottom 2.

Not too far off, at this stage I have my own thoughts of how we will progress next year, but bottom 6 is the go. We do need a clean run at it, injury wise as most of our depth is developing youth

Drewie11

Premium Platinum
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Did anyone say that Milera would be a miss, i think we were saying that Curnow is in front at the moment.

It was more calling him a miss because we could have taken Curnow but unless you get the best from every draft then in that case all others are a miss. But I think he was mainly saying that Milera could still be a great player but Charlie has shown more at this stage, which is correct.

I think we are in for a great year with Milera this year, has bulked up a bit and still win the first 2km time trial. If he gets out on a wing with smith back then I think by the end of the year the gap between him and Curnow could be pretty thin. That’s just my opinion of course Rob

gardiner stand

Premiership Player
Dec 3, 2010
fitzroy
AFL Club
Carlton
It was more calling him a miss because we could have taken Curnow but unless you get the best from every draft then in that case all others are a miss. But I think he was mainly saying that Milera could still be a great player but Charlie has shown more at this stage, which is correct.

I think we are in for a great year with Milera this year, has bulked up a bit and still win the first 2km time trial. If he gets out on a wing with smith back then I think by the end of the year the gap between him and Curnow could be pretty thin. That’s just my opinion of course Rob
Now this is getting weird....a crows supporter with a balanced and sensible viewpoint.

Jun 6, 2011
Goonellebah
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Islanders
You still here?
For a GWS supporter you sure have a lot of interest in discussing Carlton/Adelaide issues.
Me thinks you’re a closet cows supporter
I'm surprised you've lasted this long in this thread, with your swearing and abusive behaviour. Your other alias accounts were banned much earlier than you've gotten away with, on this one.

Comeonden

Team Captain
Jul 24, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Crows beat carlton without Sloane, crouch, smith, tex, talia etc by 104 points.

They wont be close on the ladder next year.

Further improvement from FOG, milera, gooch, doedee is expected.

Crows should push for top 4 I still see carlton as a bottom 4 team.

Crows obvisouly didnt rate stocker as high as carlton so if they rate him at pick 8 as Bolton said then it could be a win win for both clubs.

Pick 1-4 crows

Pick 18-14 carlton

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton

Crows obvisouly didnt rate stocker as high as carlton so if they rate him at pick 8 as Bolton said then it could be a win win for both clubs.

Pick 1-4 crows

Pick 18-14 carlton

Hilarious how Crows supporters keep bring up one game to justify what will happen the following season

Perhaps I should use a similar analysis, with the Crows being spanked by the Demons by 95 points

Comeonden

Team Captain
Jul 24, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hilarious how Crows supporters keep bring up one game to justify what will happen the following season

Perhaps I should use a similar analysis, with the Crows being spanked by the Demons by 95 points

Going to need significant improvement in your kids from last year if you think your not a bottom 4 side.

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Our kids played well, it was the loss of crouch and Smith for the season and the injurys to our senior players that cost us. We will see who's right at the end of the year anyway.

We had similar concerns, injuries to senior players, aka Doc, as well as some of our better youth.

I think both sides will improve, but no one knows what that gap will look like until deep into the season

dlb99

Club Legend
Sep 14, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Not sure where Twomey got that from.

Bolton said to a mic’d up Walsh that they rated Stocker at no.8. That the horses mouth right there.

Yes, he clearly states 8, Twomey likely adding some mayo?

Also, our top 8 was likely focussed around clubs needs rather than pure best available. Talls less of a focus this draft, so maybe Lukosius and the King twins were downgraded on our draft board and mids and mid-forwards such as Caldwell, Rozee, Stoker were pushed up. Stocker was rated top 20 on most phantom drafts so it is not as if he was a complete unknown. We rated him 8 and took him at 19 (where he was valued).

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide

To be fair we had our SANFL team playing the demons that week

Edit: and in the return game they beat us by 2 goals

dlb99

Club Legend
Sep 14, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton

Pick 1-4 crows

Pick 18-14 carlton

My cystal ball:

Pick 2-5 Crows

Pick 9-13 Blues

Tough, really tough to push into the top 4; Pies, Dees and Tigers added some nice mature pieces this trade season. Both Sydney teams always thereabouts.

Blues look bottom 4 or 5, but hopefully much improved over this season (better be). Aiming for 8+ wins, building on 2016/17 form and forgetting 2018 ever existed.

Good thing is that both sides now have pressure to perform.

dlb99

Club Legend
Sep 14, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I know, but it seems that most Crows supporters only acknowledge your injuries

Balance is rare in these parts

We had a shocker, an absolute shocker.

I would love nothing more than the Crows and Blues to have a clear run next season.

gardiner stand

Premiership Player
Dec 3, 2010
fitzroy
AFL Club
Carlton

Pick 1-4 crows

Pick 18-14 carlton

In round 1 Carlton will have 10-12 changes from that game and Adelaide maybe 4-5 so no relevance whatsoever.
Richmond got flogged by Sydney in Round 23 2016 by 113 points and you know what happened next

gardiner stand

Premiership Player
Dec 3, 2010
fitzroy
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm surprised you've lasted this long in this thread, with your swearing and abusive behaviour. Your other alias accounts were banned much earlier than you've gotten away with, on this one.
Alias accounts? You just make s**t up.
Go to the GWS board with the other 3 GWS supporters and discuss ....whatever with them...oh wait that’s right you’re an Adelaide supporter.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
I dunno why Adelaide are seen as certainties for Top 4, as many believe.

Hard to place the Top 8 from last year plus Essendon and North Melbourne as possible big improvers. Also think the Bulldogs are a real smoky for the Top 8 next year.

I think 5-8 is more likely, but 9-10 wouldn't surprise me either. 16th-14th is the likely range for us IMO - worst case a spot below, best case a few spots higher.

Back