Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree about nepotism. But even he could not make Watto look close to Sobers.

Even now I have nightmares about Twatto plonking his left leg in precisely the right position to be given lbw. Inevitably he'd review the decision and wander off stunned when the umps decision was upheld.

As limited as Watson was in test cricket he still is an all time great in ODI cricket. Would go close to making our best ODI side of all time. His numbers are phenomenal. Had a year/2 year period in test cricket that Marsh would only dream of

To think he’s less than 20 rubbish tests from 50 and a bloke like Jamie Siddons (ex SA captain) didn’t even get 1..

If his name wasn’t Marsh would he even get a test? He makes Watson look like Garry Sobers!
If you were always a Swan and not a Don , Siddons played 2 games for us

Australian cricket might not be in the best possible shape at the moment, but this morning of Test cricket has taught us one thing: never underestimate India's ability to crumble away from home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fantastic day of test cricket.
Adelaide always turns it on for the cricket. So many good days of cricket I can remember from Adelaide Oval. Something about the place that brings out some good matches I reckon. Size of the ground and the kind of wicket produced would be a factor I assume... Can be a bit of a road but there's enough there for the bowlers and if it gets to day 5 it does crumble more than you'd expect I reckon. Not Sydney levels but the seamers can usually have some fun out there early on days 4 & 5.

He’s not an opener barely a 5 or 6
WADR his record down the order in the last couple of years is very good , so blame the selectors. I've never been a wrap on him , but it's not his fault.
Interesting to Maddinson getting a ton for the Vics on debut and Maxwell in the runs as well.

WADR his record down the order in the last couple of years is very good , so blame the selectors. I've never been a wrap on him , but it's not his fault.
Interesting to Maddinson getting a ton for the Vics on debut and Maxwell in the runs as well.

Look I’d be batting him at 5 and getting rid of Marsh. However personally I don’t see him being a long term test player. The shot today was appalling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back