List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our best mid is Jack Steven who was a late pick. If you don't draft them you don't know how good they might be. Melbourne went and got another inside mid despite looking as if they have more than they need already.
Steven was asn underage pick that's why he was late.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Correct, in those days you were allowed to
Select one under ager per club, another was Troy Schwartz.

Is that really true? Jack was 17.5 when drafted. We took Eljay Connors the same year, he was only a couple of months older.

Plenty of other 17 year olds were taken that year (2007):

Jan 1990: Connors, Kite, Morton, Whitecross
Feb 1990: Donohue, Thoolen
Mar 1990: Pears, Selwood, Steven
Apr 1990: Cotchin, Dangerfield, Ebert, Maric, Motlop, Notte, Walker, Ward

West Coast took three of those, Adelaide and Melbourne took a couple each. Was there really a limit?

Bigoa ‘Biggy’ Nyuon, who is both NGA-eligible and an AFL Academy member, will train with the senior side for the second time in 2018, while father-son prospects Tyson Milne (son of Stephen) and Jackson Voss (son of Brett) will also train under Alan Richardson next week.

Go Saints

Bigoa ‘Biggy’ Nyuon, who is both NGA-eligible and an AFL Academy member, will train with the senior side for the second time in 2018, while father-son prospects Tyson Milne (son of Stephen) and Jackson Voss (son of Brett) will also train under Alan Richardson next week.

Go Saints
Cho wants them all to be strong at the contest

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it a little weird that we brought in 9 players this year, 8 without Alabakis, and only 2 out of 8 are true mids. Kent and Hind the closest of the rest but have been playing forward and back much more than mid. Seems like we've gone out of our way to avoid picking up many true mids for years now. Can't say I'm a fan of that strategy.
We have Dunstan, Ross, Steele, Hanna’s, Bytel, Stuv,Acres,Coff, Billings,Gresh,Clark, Dmac, Phillips Armo, drafted/traded in to play midfield. Obviously can’t ALL play midfield so have to learn other roles.

We have Dunstan, Ross, Steele, Hanna’s, Bytel, Stuv,Acres,Coff, Billings,Gresh,Clark, Dmac, Phillips Armo, drafted/traded in to play midfield. Obviously can’t ALL play midfield so have to learn other roles.

I think they all can. The seniors can have 10 mids playing at once - 6 or more on the field, up to 4 on the bench. Same in the 2s. That's 20 mids who could play each week, even without injuries.

Bytel and Hannaberry are mids, King a key forward, Wilkie a3rd defender, what are the other four we bought in, Kent, Parker, Hind and Young? they cant all be small forwards surely.

I think Kent is small forward/mid, Young small forward, Parker medium HFF/wing, Hind running HBF/wing.
Along with (as you said) a tall forward, two genuine mids, and a third-tall back, the balance looks ok.. although perhaps a little OTT on the small/pressure forward theme !

I am actually glad they used the first 2 picks on best available, it would be hard to argue we used those picks on needs. I think you need to chose best available in drafts.

Then addressing needs with more mature types during the trade period and with later picks seems not a bad strategy... I just hope our talent assessment was good!

Is that because you don't care much for the others though?
I haven’t been the biggest fan of our list recently but I’m a strong believer this draft year will be our best we’ve had for years. I just love Biggy though. His attitude, coupled with unique skills gets me going.. he may not turn out to be our best footballer - but he’s a ripping kid.

I haven’t been the biggest fan of our list recently but I’m a strong believer this draft year will be our best we’ve had for years. I just love Biggy though. His attitude, coupled with unique skills gets me going.. he may not turn out to be our best footballer - but he’s a ripping kid.
Do we get first access to him next year?

Do we get first access to him next year?
Certainly do.Part of our next gen academy. In the curtain raiser to the GF this year he was clear best on. Played CHB, CHF and Ruck in that game.. went forward in the last half and kicked 3 ripping goals. Will cost us a few late round picks with points ( we traded in a few this draft for that reason ). If he keeps developing like I think - probably equivalent an early second rounder for nothing.

Certainly do.Part of our next gen academy. In the curtain raiser to the GF this year he was clear best on. Played CHB, CHF and Ruck in that game.. went forward in the last half and kicked 3 ripping goals. Will cost us a few late round picks with points ( we traded in a few this draft for that reason ). If he keeps developing like I think - probably equivalent an early second rounder for nothing.
I’m in.

Might be a bad comparison but reminds me of Westhoff or even Gilbo to a extent in terms of versatility. I happily carry him as the 4th bench player, I mean he can give a chop out in the ruck while being able to play multiple other positions making Acres a full time mid, giving Bruce a break and not make Carlisle play ruck when our ruck gets injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back