RIP President George Bush

Remove this Banner Ad

"It is increasingly clear that George Bush, largely operating behind the scenes through the 1980s, initiated and supported much of the financing, intelligence and military help that built Saddam's Iraq into an aggressive power that the United States ultimately had to destroy," said ABC News' Ted Koppel in 1992
I often hear some version of this quoted but there's no great mystery or conspiracy, now anyway. The Iranian Revolution kicked off in 1978 blindsiding American intelligence, robbing them of their greatest ally in the region and the American security state have been trying to overthrow the mullahs ever since. Pretty much any weirdo group who claimed they were fighting the mullahs received weapons and funding and that includes Kurds, Sunni separatists, Jews, Iraqi fascists and Maoists.

It's customary for out going presidents to leave a note for the incoming one. This is Bush seniors to Clinton. Is it unkind to say Bill was rooting hard for America too?:eek:

8Dpz5BO.jpg
Have seen this do the rounds on the net countless times, and no-one ever seems to want to be the one to suggest that it's a very naked PR stunt likely put together by Bush's spin team and speech writers.

Also a very low bar that people are impressed by a bunch of amiable platitudes. Were they expecting him to write "Suck my nads Billy boy I should've absolutely flogged you" or something?

I honestly think stuff like this is why people gravitate towards what Trump presents himself as. The very disingenuous, borderline incestuous, boys club atmosphere that stuff like this letter represents is what makes people want to let a fox into the henhouse.

I often hear some version of this quoted but there's no great mystery or conspiracy, now anyway. The Iranian Revolution kicked off in 1978 blindsiding American intelligence, robbing them of their greatest ally in the region and the American security state have been trying to overthrow the mullahs ever since. Pretty much any weirdo group who claimed they were fighting the mullahs received weapons and funding and that includes Kurds, Sunni separatists, Jews, Iraqi fascists and Maoists.
Quite true and to put "intelligence" and USA together in the same sentence is hilarious. The CIA has nothing to do with "intelligence", it has all to do with capitalism .
They are CapitalismsInvisibleArmy.

Quite true and to put "intelligence" and USA together in the same sentence is hilarious. The CIA has nothing to do with "intelligence", it has all to do with capitalism .
It was a stupid idea to overthrow the democratic Mossadegh government in the first place but I think Iran would be a much better place under a secular government and so do many Iranians, so short of war, any foreign policy directed towards that outcome is intelligent, no?

It was a stupid idea to overthrow the democratic Mossadegh government in the first place but I think Iran would be a much better place under a secular government and so do many Iranians, so short of war, any foreign policy directed towards that outcome is intelligent, no?
I don't know a lot in-depth about it, but as far as I know towards the end Mossadegh was teetering towards dictatorship off his own steam, which could have possibly triggered an Islamic revolution anyway if left to play out.

More poor souls into the meat grinder. Now look at the mess that its in. Even Turkey and Saudi Arabia, previously staunch allies are slipping out of control.

More poor souls into the meat grinder. Now look at the mess that its in. Even Turkey and Saudi Arabia, previously staunch allies are slipping out of control.
The Saudis have always been an odd fit as an ally. Pure imperial necessity keeps that one going. I don't think either one is going anywhere.

Cocaine Import Agency.

What did you make of Putin and Mbs welcoming each other like old mates or new besties at g20?
Mbs got a standing ovation by world leaders and diplomats when he walked into the conference room a week before. He has a fragile ego and the old nations recognise there's money to be made stoking it.

What have Russia got to offer the Saudi's? They're energy competitors.

Mbs got a standing ovation by world leaders and diplomats when he walked into the conference room a week before. He has a fragile ego and the old nations recognise there's money to be made stoking it.

What have Russia got to offer the Saudi's? They're energy competitors.
Cooperation, if iraq, iran, saudis and Russia work together, they can end the dollar dominance in oil trade and just watch Venezuela go to the top of us priorities.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's my business when you say that another poster (who I respect) regards Hitler as a hero.

You couldn't post something more grubby if you tried. You're a disgrace.

But someone saying that a democratically elected President going to hell, on the day he died, is okay by you, and you respect that?

You're the one who is the disgrace! You're as big a terrorist apologist as he is.

He wasn't just an average person though, he was responsible for the death and misery of hundreds of thousands of Iraqis after pushing a blatant lie just so he could get the public on-side with the Gulf War. Then there's Operation Just Cause, not to mention his handling of the AIDS crisis at the time.

Typing "democratically" in caps doesn't mean s**t, that doesn't mean I should put the man on some sort of pedestal, nor should he be above reproach. I have every right to give scorn to such a man.

But hey, apparently that means I love Hitler or something? Go look in a f'ing mirror. You're a joke.

What about Saddam Hussein killing millions of Kurds, Kuwaitis and many of his own people. But that is okay by you.

The Iraq War, no matter what the reason, ended up with the capture and killing of both Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden, and that is only a good thing.

You condemn a President elected by the people, meaning that if you bag the President, you, by extension, bag those who vote for him (remember that next time, when you vote for someone, that their failure is partly your fault for backing the wrong horse). Yet you don't condemn someone NOT elected by his people (or elected by gunpoint) who commits genocide on his people, and invades other countries and kills their people.

Where is your condemnation of Saddam Hussein or Osama Bin Laden? Did you wish them to go to hell as well?

What about Saddam Hussein killing millions of Kurds, Kuwaitis and many of his own people. But that is okay by you.

The Iraq War, no matter what the reason, ended up with the capture and killing of both Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden, and that is only a good thing.

You condemn a President elected by the people, meaning that if you bag the President, you, by extension, bag those who vote for him (remember that next time, when you vote for someone, that their failure is partly your fault for backing the wrong horse). Yet you don't condemn someone NOT elected by his people (or elected by gunpoint) who commits genocide on his people, and invades other countries and kills their people.

Where is your condemnation of Saddam Hussein or Osama Bin Laden? Did you wish them to go to hell as well?
Hate to state the obvious, but the title of the thread is President George Bush. Please stay on topic.

But someone saying that a democratically elected President going to hell, on the day he died, is okay by you, and you respect that?

You're the one who is the disgrace! You're as big a terrorist apologist as he is.
You know he was never your elected leader, yeah?

You said that Hitler is one of Thrawn's heroes.

Provide evidence for your statement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back