Howe
W Rioli
B. Brown
Geary
Stewart
Fyfe and B Hill
Bont

Robby Grey

Gun player. Upstanding citizen. Great clubman. Wasn’t drafted as a top pick, so showed he could realy work at it and show resilience.

Will go down as Port Adelaide best player ever

Unless he wins a flag it'll be hard to top Tredrea.

Jack Viney I would love in my team. Hard and fearless.

Absolutely no self preservation.

Remember reading some mums wouldnt let their sons play against Viney in juniors because he went in too hard. Wonder if that is true or an urban legend!:think:

It's 100% true, been confirmed by his old man aswell. In fact when he first got down to Melbourne they had to sit him down and tell him to relax in training because he was injuring blokes in competitive drills.

Pound for pound he is on par with any tough bloke to ever play the game.

I've always loved the scrappers and blokes who are a bit loose.

Paul Kelly was me original hero.
Loved Fraser Gehrig, we he got those big biceps wrapped around a poor full backs head with the mullet flowing and the look of a serial killer in his eyes it was legit viewing.
Beau Waters, man could bump a train off the tracks.
Brendan Fevola, for a time there was arguably the most entertaining bloke in the game.
Mitch Robinson, put the ball on the ground between him and an oppo player and he makes them earn it everytime.
Luke Hodge, plays footy like it's the 90s still. Love him.

Robbie Gray is my pick you want the ball in his hands pure class both on and off the field. Previously I used to love to watch Richo from the tigers loved seeing his passion and he always gave 100%

Nobody wants McGovern or Rance? I'd probably prefer Waters and Taylor if we're talking in their primes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's 100% true, been confirmed by his old man aswell. In fact when he first got down to Melbourne they had to sit him down and tell him to relax in training because he was injuring blokes in competitive drills.

Pound for pound he is on par with any tough bloke to ever play the game.
Not that I want to lose Wines, but I would pity the team going up against those two in the same midfield.

Three of my favourites are ex Carlton players. Eddie Betts, Josh Kennedy and Mitch Robinson.
Eddie and Robinson are two of the best players I've seen at Carlton for interaction with supporters.
Also love watching Toby Greene. You just can't look away

Pies- Sidebottom
Blues- Simpson
Bombers- was a struggle.. go with dea
Hawks- Burgoyne
Dees- again a struggle loved Bernie Vince though...nev Jetta
Eagles- Kennedy
Swans- buddy
Roos- Browne
Dogs- macrae
Saints-Gresham
Suns- swallow
GWS- kelly
Freo-Fyfe
Power- wines
Crows- Sloane
Lions- Martin
Cats- Hawkins

Roughy Champion bloke and Survivor
Josh Kelly, Pure class
Charlie Curnow
Issac Smith

(Only read the OP after the fact, although Jetts isnt an oppo player doesn't change the fact that his work he has done has transcended the game)
Nev Jetta, not for his footballing prowess but the work he does off the field but the work he has done of recent years in the Indigenous community.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back