Training 2019 Preseason Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

1 post, clearly trolling (against the rules) and still visible. I wonder what would happen if I called him a trolling campaigner?

Any news would be nice. Havnt heard a single thing since he was injured. Is he back into full training or still in rehab?
Hopefully one of the training watchers on here can answer that question? I thought I had read somewhere that he is training.

I think the mods need to get people to only be allowed to post their 30th post first up.
Not even remotely funny Ted. Clearly trolling hairdressing comment/s of mine. You can join him on the hairdressing 101 board if you like but with one comment, I doubt you’re gonna get much out of him.

Not even remotely funny Ted. Clearly trolling hairdressing comment/s of mine. You can join him on the hairdressing 101 board if you like but with one comment, I doubt you’re gonna get much out of him.

Well I think markwebbos posts a lot on RWO Mick, so even if that was his first comment, we need to let new posters have a go from time to time.
I can't quite remember what the content of my first post was back in 2006.
Perhaps it was about how I thought Ed Barlow would become the next Adam Goodes for us.:)

Well I think markwebbos posts a lot on RWO Mick, so even if that was his first comment, we need to let new posters have a go from time to time.
I can't quite remember what the content of my first post was back in 2006.
Perhaps it was about how I thought Ed Barlow would become the next Adam Goodes for us.:)
I don't care about RWO Ted. He trolled, it's that simple!

Swung past training this morning, no sign of the elusive Matthew Ling. I was only there for 45 mins, so might have missed him but it was training peak hour. He could’ve been in the carload headed back to the club as I arrived (spotted Jack and COR in it). Maybe he’s been abducted by aliens, but certainly wasn’t training with the main group today. A few observations…
- Lot of ball work and ball drills for this early in off-season training apart from Florent and Hayward who just seem to be running endless laps. Not sure if it punishment for for coming back unfit (they certainly don’t look it) or part of a plan to bring their conditioning to super human levels. The other lap runners are mostly on the way back from injury (Smith, Naismith).
- If training groups are anything to go by Blakey looks the front-runner among the new recruits to debut first. He was training with the main group and also doing some upper body conditioning with Mills. Rowbottom, McInerney and Foot were in a group together, joining the main drills but doing sprint work together.
- I didn’t spot Reynolds but Tucker was with the physios doing drills for his knee on the sideline. Buddy sitting out in the sun and encouraging the groups running past. They should fetch him a banana chair or send him off to do laps of the pool. Hot out there.
Only ever get to one or two training sessions a year so that’s likely it for me. Encourage anyone to pop down as this year they are at Bat & Ball so no fences, lots of shade etc.

Swung past training this morning, no sign of the elusive Matthew Ling. I was only there for 45 mins, so might have missed him but it was training peak hour. He could’ve been in the carload headed back to the club as I arrived (spotted Jack and COR in it). Maybe he’s been abducted by aliens, but certainly wasn’t training with the main group today. A few observations…
- Lot of ball work and ball drills for this early in off-season training apart from Florent and Hayward who just seem to be running endless laps. Not sure if it punishment for for coming back unfit (they certainly don’t look it) or part of a plan to bring their conditioning to super human levels. The other lap runners are mostly on the way back from injury (Smith, Naismith).
- If training groups are anything to go by Blakey looks the front-runner among the new recruits to debut first. He was training with the main group and also doing some upper body conditioning with Mills. Rowbottom, McInerney and Foot were in a group together, joining the main drills but doing sprint work together.
- I didn’t spot Reynolds but Tucker was with the physios doing drills for his knee on the sideline. Buddy sitting out in the sun and encouraging the groups running past. They should fetch him a banana chair or send him off to do laps of the pool. Hot out there.
Only ever get to one or two training sessions a year so that’s likely it for me. Encourage anyone to pop down as this year they are at Bat & Ball so no fences, lots of shade etc.
Awesome stuff!!

Really love reports like this! Thank you very much ScottBo!!

If anyone else wishes to contribute anything similar I'm sure it would be warmly welcomed by the board (Particularly those interstaters that can't get to a training session even if they wanted to).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're welcome. I did wonder if the absurd level of high intensity running Hayward was doing in the two sessions I've seen is part of a plan to give him more midfield time next season now Menzel is on the roster.

Has the tools to be elite, rotating midfield only makes him more dangerous so I expect to see it

Can't wait

Not always the case! I had a man-bun for four years because I had an irrational attachment to my hair that always stopped me cutting it. I was aware I looked like a goose but hey the heart wants what the heart wants.
Enjoy it while you have it young man. Later you get what DNA serves up

Last edited:
Worst of all time.

d008454e04c69d1a218d82b975afa3d5
At the risk of enraging the thread fundamentalists maybe not. Nic Naitanui disagrees. Its interesting that the 10 worst haircuts were worn by players of great confidence and ability. Maybe there is a connection between the audacity of sporting an atrocious haircut and self confidence. Maybe the Aliir haircut exhibits a confidence in the bloke which augurs well for the season ahead (bringing the post back on field)
Nic Nat (Aliir's hero) worst
www.afl.com.au/video/2013-06-25/nic-naitanui-picks-the-top-10-haircuts-from-over-the-years

At the risk of enraging the thread fundamentalists maybe not. Nic Naitanui disagrees. Its interesting that the 10 worst haircuts were worn by players of great confidence and ability. Maybe there is a connection between the audacity of sporting an atrocious haircut and self confidence. Maybe the Aliir haircut exhibits a confidence in the bloke which augurs well for the season ahead (bringing the post back on field)
Nic Nat (Aliir's hero) worst
www.afl.com.au/video/2013-06-25/nic-naitanui-picks-the-top-10-haircuts-from-over-the-years

This place has an absurd obsession with people's hair.

My theory is that boring people have boring haircuts and can't understand why others aren't as boring as they are.

This place has an absurd obsession with people's hair.

My theory is that boring people have boring haircuts and can't understand why others aren't as boring as they are.

Manbuns aside, which should be banned, I don't have a big problem with creative haircuts provided that the people sporting them are getting a kick.

Same with beards etc. I didn't have a big problem with Shaw and Malceski's beards but I was furious with Demons players on behalf of their supporters when they were strutting around with club beards whilst not giving a yelp on the field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back