• Easten Wood

• Marcus Bontempelli

• Lachie Hunter

• Co Captains - Wood, Bonti

• Mitch Wallis

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Macrae can't even crack a mention in the poll options ???

Macrae is a frontline trooper, who will go in and get his hands dirty to get the job done, a no fuss sort of player. Very similar , if not better, than Griffen was in his peak and Macrae shouldn't, IMO, be burdened with a captaincy.

Good to see Trengove and Wallis in the leadership group, sound additions. JJ has always struck me as the odd man out in that group, hope he is pulling his weight.

Anyone else feel for roughy a little here ?

- Dogs lifelong fan
- Answers members phone calls in at club in the wake of 2014
- Leadership group member
- Premiership player with one eye

*dogs secure free agent trengrove, a similar bit part backman bit part ruck bit part fwd

- Roughead dropped from leadership group
- Roughead dropped from first side
- Roughead leaves club
- trengrove promoted to leadership group.

In so many ways trengrove slid right into roughys role within the club and side.

I don’t think there is too much difference myself in leadership abilities or playing ability - but roughs durability sure did let him down.

Don’t disagree with him chasing other opportunities or club not jumping to keep him. Just sad the way things worked out

Last edited:

With his joining of the leadership group, I guess Im going to have to reassess the leaving of Wallis out of my side now.

Those fools on the MC know not what they do.

- Dogs lifelong fan

*dogs secure free agent trengrove, a similar bit part backman bit part ruck bit part fwd

- Roughead leaves club

In so many ways trengrove slid right into roughys role within the club and side.

I don’t think there is too much difference myself in leadership abilities or playing ability - but roughs durability sure did let him down.

Don’t disagree with him chasing other opportunities or club not jumping to keep him. Just sad the way things worked out

Ruff got to live his boyhood dream. Not one single regret or negative thought would enter his mind I reckon.

Ruff got to live his boyhood dream. Not one single regret or negative thought would enter his mind I reckon.

Yeh I hope that’s the case but can’t help but escape the feeling and rumours that there is resentment there.

Btw he gave a press conference from Collingwood today if anyone keen to hear from him and follow his career there.

Now, what about a decent slogan for this year. Bury "Real Strength" in the furthest paddock. Any chance of #bemorebulldog making a comeback?

Suggestions?

Start a new thread for this as there may be some good ones.
How we dumped bemorebudog after that campaign was a head scratcher for me.

- Dogs lifelong fan

- Roughead leaves club

IMO Roughead would still be a Bulldog.
If Trengrove wasn't recruited.
And English would have gained more experience ,in the dead rubbers in the back half of the season.

Loved Roughy as a player but glad we moved him on. Hasn't been up to it since the changes to the ruck rules. Some of you people who are questioning our leadership group need to remember that it is voted on by the players. They have a hell of a lot better idea of who the best leaders are than you do. Also, a lot of people on this forum seem to think that the Captain is supposed to be the best player on the team; that's not how it works. At the end of the day it makes very little difference who is assigned the official leadership roles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loved Roughy as a player but glad we moved him on. Hasn't been up to it since the changes to the ruck rules. Some of you people who are questioning our leadership group need to remember that it is voted on by the players. They have a hell of a lot better idea of who the best leaders are than you do. Also, a lot of people on this forum seem to think that the Captain is supposed to be the best player on the team; that's not how it works. At the end of the day it makes very little difference who is assigned the official leadership roles.
If there is total buy-in from EVERY player, like there was in 2015-16, and wasn't there in 2017-18, then leadership is a communal force.

Good to see Trengove and Wallis in the leadership group, sound additions. JJ has always struck me as the odd man out in that group, hope he is pulling his weight.

Absolute disgrace that Gowers is not in the leadership group.

Ditto that Gowers did not win a seat in the Victorian parliament.

I'm genuinely disappointed that Roughead has gone elsewhere to finish his career however injuries had taken their toll impacting his ability to continue on from his 2016 form to where he really struggled this year to get any momentum to his game.

This appears to have been more the case on taking the gamble with Trengrove over Roughead, both very similar players in ability and position, with the belief that Trengrove will spend less time on the sideline recovering from injury

I'm genuinely disappointed that Roughead has gone elsewhere to finish his career however injuries had taken their toll impacting his ability to continue on from his 2016 form to where he really struggled this year to get any momentum to his game.

This appears to have been more the case on taking the gamble with Trengrove over Roughead, both very similar players in ability and position, with the belief that Trengrove will spend less time on the sideline recovering from injury
I suspect a lot of us feel this way. Sad for Roughy too but I’m also pleased we aren’t letting sentimentality dictate our list management decisions. Had to be done.

Hope he plays a few good games for the Pies but not vs us of course. He will forever be a bulldog legend, one of only 42 to win a flag (but that’s a number that will grow in the coming years!)

Cant have a skipper that is constantly injured.As many have pointed out ,costing us games being a man down early.
Wood must get his body right , a stronger
priority than being skipper.Will always be
the skipper of a premiership side anyway.
Right time to move forward with the next
generation.Bont is the future.
when are captains named, traditionaly? a few weeks before the season begins?

Wood will go down as a legendary premiership captain.As he should.
It should be for the players to decide.
If the correct systems are in place.
Transition happens naturally.

From all the interactions I see, JJ is more than pulling his weight. No need to worry about his contribution.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back