Bookmark it Richmond v Essendon 2019 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon have to win a final before talking about grand finals.

They were talked up in 2018 and where'd they end up?
Bulldogs didn’t win a final before making the grand final
Richmond didn’t win a final before making the grand final.
Collingwood didn’t win a final before making the grand final.
Melbourne didn’t win a final before making the prelim.

There are plenty of other things to discuss

Essendon have to win a final before talking about grand finals.

They were talked up in 2018 and where'd they end up?

It's part of footy I just can't get my head around. What have Essendon done that suggests they'll be anywhere near a Grand Final? There are much better sides than them. They've done nothing and yet they keep getting talked up. Total mystery.

It's part of footy I just can't get my head around. What have Essendon done that suggests they'll be anywhere near a Grand Final? There are much better sides than them. They've done nothing and yet they keep getting talked up. Total mystery.

Same thing could be said about Brisbane. won 5 games and lost to good sides convincly but yet everyone has them jumping up the ladder in 2019.

Last edited:
Same thing could be said about Brisbane. won 5 games and lost to good sides convincly but yet everyone has them jumping up the ladder in 2019.
Because they have a lot of good young players. Which good young players do Essendon have that will improve to next level in 2019?

Because they have a lot of good young players. Which good young players do Essendon have that will improve to next level in 2019?

And Essendon don’t?

Andrew McGrath
Darcy Parish
Kyle Langford
Aaron Francis
Connor Mckenna
Matt Guelfi

The list goes on.

I know people don’t care for Champion data but Essendon has the best under 25 list in the comp according to them.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is a stripe a stripe if it's diagonal?
Interesting thought. The definition of a stripe is “a long, narrow band or strip differing in colour or texture from the surface on either side of it.” so I suppose they are still stripes. Though ‘stripey’ seems to imply multiple stripes which the clubs simply don’t have so perhaps that is incorrectly used.

Only Victorian clubs can be classed at super clubs.

WC are just like the Crows...interstate clubs with huge supporter bases.

And when either make a GF...no one cares.
According to you, how unfortunate.

West coast is a bigger club in every success measure there is. Memberships, revenue, profit, success, average home attendences.

Yeah you're right, I'm sure "no one cares" that west coast won the flag, the sole aim of every AFL club. While you sit back and act as if WC are irrelevant, we've played in 4 grand finals for 2 wins since your last GF appearance, you've finished no higher than 7th, played finals in 4 of the last 15 seasons and haven't won a single one since George Bush's first term as president.

According to you, how unfortunate.

West coast is a bigger club in every success measure there is. Memberships, revenue, profit, success, average home attendences.

Yeah you're right, I'm sure "no one cares" that west coast won the flag, the sole aim of every AFL club. While you sit back and act as if WC are irrelevant, we've played in 4 grand finals for 2 wins since your last GF appearance, you've finished no higher than 7th, played finals in 4 of the last 15 seasons and haven't won a single one since George Bush's first term as president.
He barely put any bait on the hook...

Essendon? Gee whiz. Average defence, below average midfield and slightly above average forward line.

Only Victorian clubs can be classed at super clubs.

WC are just like the Crows...interstate clubs with huge supporter bases.

And when either make a GF...no one cares.

Someone must have cared because it was one the rare times in recent history there were over 100,000 at the ground and it was the most watched program on TV nationally over the course of 2018

Maybe it's just you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back