Senior 30. Tom Atkins (2019 - )

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitchell was in the game until recently, and I'd add Pendlebury to that list.

I think the "slow" tag is a misnomer, often they aren't slow, just not super quick. But the blokes on that list just create their own time and space.

I just hate seeing blokes like Atkins and Brownless copping this mantle before they've played a senior game. I'd rather see what they can bring to the team. We've had fast players who've brought nothing of value.
Most of the aforementioned were great contested extractors and had fantastic, quick footy brains. Traits seemingly undervalued in many player assessments these days.

Geeze, the Catters are going full steam ahead with 1980's horror icons. First Krueger and now Tom "Thrill Me" Atkins? Yeah, he was in that strange non-Michael Myers Halloween movie. But guess what?

c357a6909fdb647487545e1dc21e5bf0--scary-movies-horror-movies.jpg

I reckon his name should be "Animal".

He plays on instincts. When the game is on the clinches - he will use the don't argue, he will tackle, he will chase down his opponent, he will set up a goal or dob one himself.

"THE ANIMAL".

He is like Stan Wawrinka of AFL, Don't underestimate him in the big moments! :)

Thought he was quite good today, made some mistakes but geez he gives me the Max Rooke vibes at times. Can only be a good thing!

He's a terrier. Love it.

Chip on the shoulder.

Plays like its his last game every time

Call it the Rooke Syndrome.

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back