Opposition players you like or respect?

Remove this Banner Ad

ADEL: Atkins (went to primary school with him), Betts, Gibbs, Jacobs, Laird & Sloane.
BRIS: Martin, Neale & Rayner (local lad who I've seen develop).
CARL: Cripps, E. Curnow, Murphy, Petrevski-Seton & Simpson.
COLL: Dunn, Grundy, Pendlebury & Stephenson.
ESS: Mosquito (neighbour's adoptive nephew).
FREM: Brayshaw, Fyfe, Hogan & Sandilands.
GEEL: Ablett, Narkle, Taylor & Tuohy.
GC: Hanley & Martin.
GWS: Coniglio, Davis, Kelly, Ward & Whitfield.
HAW: Mitchell, O'Meara, Roughead & Wingard.
NM: Goldstein & Taylor (see Rayner).
PORT: R. Gray, Trengove & Wines.
RICH: Balta (see Rayner), Cotchin, Graham, Moore (went to high school with him), Nankervis, Prestia, Riewoldt & Rioli.
STK: Kent & Steven.
SYD: Heeney & Kennedy.
WCE: Brayshaw, Gaff, Kennedy, Naitanui, Rioli, Ryan & Shuey.
WB: Bontempelli, Cavarra, Daniel, Jong, Lloyd, Macrae, Naughton, Richards, Schache (distant cousin) & B. Smith (has a lot of haters early on, this kid will be a gun though bookmark it!).

No particular order

Ablett, Zac Smith
Swallow, Anthony Miles
Naitanui
Dawson Simpson
Aaron Hall
Jarrod Garlett
Aish
Hugh Greenwood

In no particular order:

Josh Kennedy (Sydney), John Kennedy (WC), Jeremy Howe, Toby Greene, Rory Sloane, Anthony Mcdonald-Tipungwuti, Lachie Neale, Robbie Gray

What comment was that?

When the Tiges beat us in 2015 the second time after the Pies’ season was already done and dusted, Pendles said in the press conference something along the lines of the game being “meaningless”. Three years on and they continue to sook (ironically) that he is a sook.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can you go past the big Bud.

That feeling of being completely dumbfounded about the sheer audacity - let alone execution - of some of the things he does is pretty special.

I'd argue that Fev was better, and far more exciting. But didnt get the same pump up from old brucey lol

I'm not the original poster, but I like his American arrogance. Every professional athlete acts the way he does over there - over the top and brash, he shouldn't have to tone it down because we're a different culture.
I hate that - the arrogance, the over the top celebrations. I find American football and basketball hard to watch for those reasons. Look at how Dunstall reacts after kicking his 1000th goal. This is how it should be done in Australian rules football.

You gotta love some of these characters still in footy .
Max Gawn would definitely be one of those blokes who seems super on and off the field .

Tex Walker , I wish he can get back to his amazing form he was showing a couple of years back .

Gotta love a good news story and hopefully Dan Menzel will be one of them., absolutely baffled as to why the cats delisted him . I think he will have them regretting that decision

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I hate that - the arrogance, the over the top celebrations. I find American football and basketball hard to watch for those reasons. Look at how Dunstall reacts after kicking his 1000th goal. This is how it should be done in Australian rules football.

Yeah, well that's America. The showbiz ethos permeates absolutely every aspect of society there.

Tough as nails but unfortunately, as durable as a water cracker. He's still only 34, could theoretically still be playing.

He is still 32! What could of been! I played school footy against him, one day as a 12yo he pretty much broke his nose early on and played out the game , always tough as nails.

Davis - GWS.
Roughead - Hawks.
Gawn - Melb.

Respect to me is a player that plays hard but fair. Willing to give clever niggle and doesn't cross the line. Able to accept defeat when beaten by a better player/team.

It's 100% true, been confirmed by his old man aswell. In fact when he first got down to Melbourne they had to sit him down and tell him to relax in training because he was injuring blokes in competitive drills.

Pound for pound he is on par with any tough bloke to ever play the game.
Watched him as a year 10 student make a year 12 ruckman for the opposition absolutely s**t himself. He's got some sort of MMA or Boxing background if i'm not mistaken.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back