Draft Profile Liam Stocker

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Nailed it. We’ve got some wiggle room.

Golden State Warriors type approach. With Lynch, Dusty, Kelly could pretty much fill in the gaps with minimum wage guys and be competitive. The salary cap will rise too - could be a masterstroke. Wouldn't surprise me with the form the Tigers are in on and off the field

neil-balme-and-warwick-capper-walk-around-the-boundary-line-to-form-a-picture-id492178643

dlb99

Club Legend
Sep 14, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
and if only you had taken that approach this year - instead of sam walsh if you traded pick 1 for crows picks 8 & 13 you could have got Jye Caldwell AND Stocker and kept the high pick for next year to take another top 3 mid

We rated Sam Walsh very highly.

Jye Caldwell looks a great talent, but he has had soft tissue issues.

Walsh projects to be 250 gamer (if not much more) and a future club captain.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Question for the non Carlton & Richmond people here that followed the draft

Would the trade with the crows have been less critical if after doing the trade Carlton had selected Riley Collier-Dawkins who slipped to #20 but most draft watchers had him pinned for picks #10-#15

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Are we trying to start a debate now, who's better RCD or Stocker. FYI Carlton didn't want RCD they wanted Stocker.

Not at all if that was the intention a new thread with RCD v Stocker would be more appropriate and im sure it wont be long before it is created.

My intention was to see if it was only the trade of trading out potentially #4/#5 for #13/#15 or the player they rated at #6 not being rated as highly by other clubs recruiters or people who follow the draft.

But with a player like RCD which was rated by some as a top 10 may have been less controversial

Shaz2012

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Question for the non Carlton & Richmond people here that followed the draft

Would the trade with the crows have been less critical if after doing the trade Carlton had selected Riley Collier-Dawkins who slipped to #20 but most draft watchers had him pinned for picks #10-#15

No. Draft watchers fantasy lists mean nothing. No reason to doubt Stocker over RCD. Richmond might have taken him too if available for all people know. Every club got their man so take whatever is said after the fact with a grain of salt too. Also Stocker is AFL ready much, much sooner than RCD I think it’s fair to say. This fits with the decision to pay overs to get an extra year into a young fella too.

If it wasn’t clear, I’m not critical of them taking Stocker in the first place.

Mar 20, 2002
Mosman Village
AFL Club
Carlton
Once again you have no idea what you're talking about. Carlton still has a first round pick next year from Adelaide. It's not stocker vs a top 4 pick next year at all. It's stocker and Adelaide's first vs our first next year. We will trade that pick regardless for a big name anyway measuring this will be very difficulty. As I stated earlier, it's a win for everyone.

Will we ??? :huh:

Give me the lotto numbers whilst you're at it.

Mar 20, 2002
Mosman Village
AFL Club
Carlton
To be fair to Carlton Oliver was never seen to be a #1 selection in his draft year and only came into top 10 contention the last couple of months
Weitering & Schace were always #1+#2 from my recollection

You are quite correct.

In fact Oliver was quite pudgy and carried a lot of "puppy fat" in his TAC year, his overall improvement onfield at senior level had a lot to do with his improvement in body shape & fitness level.

Aug 15, 2009
reservoir
AFL Club
Carlton

bmaurizio

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Singapore
AFL Club
Carlton
No. Draft watchers fantasy lists mean nothing. No reason to doubt Stocker over RCD. Richmond might have taken him too if available for all people know. Every club got their man so take whatever is said after the fact with a grain of salt too. Also Stocker is AFL ready much, much sooner than RCD I think it’s fair to say. This fits with the decision to pay overs to get an extra year into a young fella too.

If it wasn’t clear, I’m not critical of them taking Stocker in the first place.

You've got a good eye for talent because IMHO the kid going to be a ripper, just a gut feel but presents well no worries at all with this lad. Just needs some time to settle and conditioning upgrade programe to get a look in.
There's a very good reason Silvagni went out on limb to get his man.

SOSforPM

All Australian
Oct 20, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
It does however if they are thinking of making a play for Kelly next year, would not a possible top 3 pick and maybe a 2020 1st rounder look far more attractive to GWS than a 2019 teens 1st and a 2020 1st? - if it meant forgoing Stocker to get kelly next year or maybe missing Kelly because the picks Carlton have don't get the job done for GWS?..but that hinges on whether Carlton actually want kelly

Teens pick... getting abit ahead of yourself could just as likely be a top 10.

Nov 9, 2010
de_dust2
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Bookies odds, are a rough guide to the competition. Not crystal balling the exact standings in 12 months time. The markets are not perfect but being multi billion dollar industry they hold more weight than some biased fans talking about their own teams on the internet.

whats the top5 looking like next draft? sofar
Betting odds are largely based on where the punters (read biased fans in many many cases) put their money as opposed to how the bookies think clubs will perform. It's more about exploiting the market than crystal balling team performances...

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Not at all if that was the intention a new thread with RCD v Stocker would be more appropriate and im sure it wont be long before it is created.

My intention was to see if it was only the trade of trading out potentially #4/#5 for #13/#15 or the player they rated at #6 not being rated as highly by other clubs recruiters or people who follow the draft.

But with a player like RCD which was rated by some as a top 10 may have been less controversial

I didn't have either in my top 15, yet had Stocker slightly ahead of RCD, which means little in the scheme of things.

Most people are getting too caught up in possible pick differential, which again is meaningless, as we know you can find quality players anywhere in the 1st round

Jan 31, 2007
In N Out
AFL Club
Carlton
Back